How to Permanently Delete Your Ancestry Account
The initial excitement surrounding services like Ancestry has now caused concerns among subscribers over privacy and data security. To make matters worse, you may have misplaced or lost your Ancestry password or have a locked account.
If you are concerned about your personal information being vulnerable online and would like to learn how to , you’re in the right place. This article will discuss how to delete your old Ancestry account to protect your personal information from being exposed online and possibly used by someone else.
If you find the process of deleting an Ancestry account too confusing or time-consuming to manage on your own, or if you have lost your account information, DoNotPay can quickly and easily help you delete your account.
Reasons to Delete Your Ancestry Account
Today, online has become a top priority, even for the average online user. For anyone with an Ancestry account, protection of your records is paramount. Here are a few of the reasons to delete your Ancestry account with the help of DoNotPay.
- Companies can change privacy policies at anytime
- Companies like Ancestry can be bought and sold
- Your Ancestry data may be hacked
- Companies can profit from selling your data
- Your DNA data may be valuable
- Police may be able to access your DNA
- You may expose the anonymity of family members
Ancestry will continue to charge fees
How to Delete Your Ancestry Account By Yourself
The first thing to know about deleting your Ancestry account is that it is not the same as canceling your Ancestry subscription. If you want to permanently erase all records from the Ancestry database, including physical lab samples, you must delete your Ancestry account.
There are not many ways you can delete a Ring account.
|Can I Delete With
|Yes / No
Steps to Permanently Delete Your Ancestry Account
- Log in to your Ancestry com account
- Go to the Your Subscription section
- Check box to agree to cancel your subscription
- You can cancel All Access subscriptions completely
- You must cancel distinct Fold3.com, Newspapers.com, and Archives.com subscriptions separately
- Go to the Trees section
- Check box to agree to cancel your subscription
- Records shared with others will remain in the Ancestry database
- Go to Your DNA Test Results section
- Check box to cancel your subscription
- Ancestry will destroy all DNA samples
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Choose the reason you are deleting your Ancestry account
- A new window will open
- Click Next Step in the new window
- Do not close the window
- Open a new tab in your browser
- Open your email in the new tab
- Check email for verification code from Ancestry
- Copy verification code
- Paste or type verification code into the Confirm Account Delete box in the open window
- Click Delete Account
Steps to Cancel Your Ancestry Account Subscription
If you want to cancel your Ancestry account subscription to stop automatically recurring charges without ensuring Ancestry erases all of your records, you can use the following steps.
- Click Username in the upper right-hand corner of any page
- Click Account Settings
- Go to Membership Section
- Click Cancel Membership
- Click Continue
- Click Cancellation Reason at the bottom of the page
- Click Continue
- Click Continue to Cancel at the top or bottom of the page
- Click Cancel My Membership at the bottom of the page
- Check the email used to sign in to your Ancestry account for cancellation verification
If you do not receive an email from Ancestry with your confirmation code or cancellation verification, you must start the entire process from the beginning. If you have become frustrated with the process, or are experiencing difficulty completing all of the steps, consider using DoNotPay to do it for you.
Issues You Might Run Into Deleting Your Ancestry Account
Trying to cancel an account is never straightforward, and the Ancestry account is no exception.
Here are a few of the complications you may encounter when trying to cancel your Ancestry membership.
- If you signed up for a free trial, you must cancel at least two days before the two-week free trial ends to avoid any renewal fees.
- If you signed up for a monthly renewal plan and you do not cancel your account, you will be charged fees for the next month.
- If you signed up for a six-month renewal and you fail to cancel your account on time, Ancestry will charge you for the entire six months.
- If you don't see the Cancel Membership link when trying to cancel your subscription and Ancestry is currently billing your account, you may have another Ancestry account.
- If you created an Ancestry account using the Ancestry App, you must cancel your account through Apple, Google, or Amazon.
- Deleting the app from your phone will not cancel your Ancestry account.
How to Delete Ancestry Account Without a Password
To delete your Ancestry account without a password, you will need to take the following steps to create a new password.
- Go to the Ancestry Sign-In page
- Click Forgot Password? link
- Enter your email address
- Click continue
- Check email for Reset Code
- Enter Reset Code
For assistance with solving this problem, DoNotPay Recover Password product can help.
How to Delete Your Ancestry Account Without an Email
To delete your Ancestry account without an email address, you must contact Ancestry customer support by phone.
Next Steps for Deleting Your Ancestry Account if You Can't Do It Yourself
Deleting an Ancestry account is a uniquely daunting process for even the most technologically savvy person. If you make any mistakes, you could be facing future recurring charges. You may also fail to erase all of your personal DNA data.
To avoid any missteps and ensure that you delete your Ancestry account completely, consider using DoNotPay.
Delete Your Ancestry Account with the Help of DoNotPay
Using DoNotPay to delete your Ancestry account is quick and easy and guaranteed to permanently erase all of your data held by Ancestry and all future charges.
To avoid the stress and frustration of wasting time on the maze of steps needed to cancel your Ancestry account, let DoNotPay do it for you. DoNotPay makes it fast and easy and won't stop until we delete your Ancestry account.
How to Delete Old Accounts Using DoNotPay
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Your Ancestry Account
Using DoNotPay as your solution to the problem of deleting your Ancestry account is an easy choice.
- Fast— Eliminate time-consuming Ancestry account deletion steps.
- Easy— Avoid tedious and confusing steps to delete an Ancestry account by yourself.
- Successful—You can ensure that your Ancestry account will be permanently deleted.
DoNotPay Easily Works Across All Companies
If you are facing other challenges deleting accounts besides your Ancestry account, DoNotPay is here to help. DoNotPay can resolve issues by deleting accounts across a range of companies, groups and entities dealing with a variety of products and services.
DoNotPay can help you delete old accounts from:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Deleting your accounts is just one of many ways DoNotPay can assist you. Here are a few examples of other issues DoNotPay can help you resolve.
Let DoNotPay resolve all your online issues for you so you can make the best use of your valuable time and energy.