How to Delete an Old Twitter Account That You Cannot Access
Some people love Twitter, while others just can't get into creating and reading bite-sized tweets. If you haven't logged in recently, you should think about deleting your account, because dormant social media accounts can be at risk for data theft. But do you know how to you cannot access?
Can't remember your password? Forgot your username? No longer have access to the email you used to set up your account? No problem! DoNotPay can help you, even if you no longer have access to the old Twitter account you want to delete. In fact, DoNotPay can help you delete other accounts that you're no longer using:
- I want to delete my Facebook account.
- How do I delete a PayPal account I'm not using?
- I need help to delete my Instagram account.
- Confused about how to delete your eHarmony account?
- Can I delete my Venmo account?
Let DoNotPay do the tedious work of deleting your online accounts!
Want to DIY? There’s One Major Problem With How to Delete an Old Twitter Account You Cannot Access
Want to by yourself? You'll hit a dead end pretty quickly! Because on your own, there's no way to delete a Twitter account without a password. If you go the DIY route, you'll have to reset your password first.
What Do I Do If I Forgot My Old Twitter Password and Want to Delete My Account?
If you remember your email, phone number, or username, you can reset your password.
- At the sign-in page, click on Forgot password?.
- You'll then be prompted to Enter your email, phone number, or username.
- Twitter will then send you a code and further instructions.
Got a New Password? Now You Can Deactivate Your Twitter Account.
You have to first deactivate your Twitter account before it can be permanently deleted.
- Log into your account, then select the More icon. (This icon is three dots.)
- Go to the Your account tab.
- Choose Deactivate your account.
- Click on Deactivate.
- You'll then have to enter your password. Then click on Deactivate account.
After deactivation, you have a 30-day window to change your mind if you want to keep your Twitter account. All you have to do is log back into your account and it will be re-activated.
Ready to Say Goodbye to Twitter? Don’t Login for 30 Days.
After deactivation, if you don't log in for 30 days, Twitter will automatically delete your account. The deactivation period is mandatory and there is no way to circumvent it.
How to Delete an Old Twitter Account: What Are My Options?
If you're wondering how to delete an old Twitter account you cannot access, here are your options.
Can I Delete With…
Yes. You can contact Twitter's online Help Center.
As you can see, your options to delete an old Twitter account you cannot access are limited. Luckily, DoNotPay can help!
Requesting That Twitter Delete an Old Account You No Longer Have Access To? Let DoNotPay Help!
If you want to delete your old Twitter account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails/phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it! Once you submit your information, DoNotPay does the hard work for you.
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete an Old Twitter Account You Cannot Access
DoNotPay is fast. You don't have to spend hours trying to delete your account on your own.
DoNotPay makes it easy. You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms, keep track of all the steps involved, or send multiple messages to Twitter Support.
DoNotPay is successful. You can rest assured knowing that we'll cancel your old Twitter account for you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do a lot more than just . Learn how DoNotPay can help you delete other accounts that you no longer use:
- Email accounts like Gmail, AOL, and Yahoo
- Online merchants such as Amazon
- Uber, and other transportation services
What if you want to keep an account, but you've run into a problem? DoNotPay can Recover Passwords and Unban Accounts on your behalf. Just download the DoNotPay app to get started.