How to Easily Delete Your Amazon Seller Account
Do you need to delete your Amazon Seller Account? Amazon Seller is an online platform offered by Amazon that enables businesses of all sizes to sell their products. Amazon claims that businesses can reach millions and expand their business. Businesses don't need to worry about fulfillment either. Amazon will handle all shipping, returns, and customer service.
But if you're not satisfied with your Amazon Seller account for whatever reason, you may be interested in deleting it. However, many selling platforms make it difficult to delete your account or involve a long and tedious process to do it. Here at DoNotPay, we want to help you easily delete any account. Today we're going to show you how you can delete your Amazon Seller Account and how DoNotPay deletes old accounts easily, quicker, and more successfully.
Reasons to Delete Your Amazon Seller Account
If you have an Amazon Seller account and want to delete it or you're thinking about deleting it, here are a few reasons why you may want to move forward with the decision.
- You're not making enough sales and no longer feel the platform is worth it.
- The cost of selling is too much and you prefer to invest in a more affordable selling platform.
- You've found a selling platform that you prefer better.
- Your Amazon Seller account is inactive and you want to permanently delete it.
How to Delete Your Amazon Seller Account on Your Own
If you're ready to permanently delete your Amazon Seller account, there are a few steps involved and some vital information to consider. With that said, if you have a professional selling plan with Amazon and are deleting it due to subscription fees, you can always downgrade your plan from professional to an individual to remove any fees from your account. However, if you want to delete your Amazon Seller account altogether, you can take the following steps:
- Login to your account and go to the settings.
- Select "Account Info" and choose "Close Account".
- If successful, you will receive a confirmation email stating that your account has been closed. If your account can't be closed, you will receive a notice detailing why this issue has occurred.
Issues You Might Run Into Deleting Your Amazon Seller Account
Unfortunately, deleting your Amazon Seller account may not be as easy as expected. There are a variety of factors that can prevent you from deleting your Amazon Seller account permanently. Here are a few reasons why you may be unsuccessful at deleting your Amazon Seller Account.
If you have outstanding fees on your Amazon Seller account, you will not be able to delete your account. Your account will remain active until all outstanding balances are paid in full.
Processed Sales and Transaction
If you don't have any outstanding fees, another issue that could potentially arise is if there are any processed sales or transactions that have occurred within the last 90 days. For this reason, individuals who want to permanently delete their Amazon Seller account will need to leave their account inactive for at least 90 days to successfully delete it.
Amazon Seller recommends that users who want to permanently delete their account double-check that they've done the following beforehand.
- Be sure to fulfill any outstanding orders for customers.
- Wait at least 90 days after your last sale to initiate account closure. This ensures that the A-TO-Z Guarantee claims period has been honored.
- Ensure you have a zero balance in your Amazon Seller account.
- Resolve all transactions, including refunds.
- Confirm that your bank account is valid if you need to receive final payment for account clearance.
Successfully Delete Your Amazon Seller Account With the Help of DoNotPay
Are you ready to move forward with deleting your Amazon Seller account? Let DoNotPay handle the task on your behalf.
Deleting your Amazon Seller account certainly doesn't have to be hard. DoNotPay has the experience to quickly help you delete old accounts permanently. Here's how it works.
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails/phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
It's that simple! Are you ready to delete your Amazon Seller account? Get started with DoNotPay today.
Other Accounts DoNotPay Can Help You Delete
We have been quite successful when it comes to deleting those old, inactive, or unused accounts. We've deleted accounts for all types of platforms, including social media, email accounts, and third-party payment apps. Some accounts we can help you delete include:
|Email Accounts||Delete email accounts you no longer use, such as an old account on Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, AOL, etc.|
|Streaming Services||Delete old accounts from streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc.|
|Ride-Sharing Apps||Delete old accounts that you no longer use from apps like Uber, Lyft, etc.|
|Gaming Platforms||Delete old game accounts from League of Legends, Fortnite, Minecraft, Roblox, etc.|
|Social Media Accounts||Delete old or unused profiles from Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.|
|Dating Profiles||Delete old accounts from dating sites you no longer use, such as Eharmony, Tinder, Bumble, etc.|
|eCommerce Platforms||Delete unused accounts from sites like eBay, Etsy, etc.|
|Digital Wallet Services||Delete old accounts from apps including PayPal, Venmo, CashApp, etc.|
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Solving this problem is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with. Here are just a few more services that DoNotPay has to offer.