How to Delete a Walmart Account and Protect Yourself
Walmart is the biggest retailer in the world, bringing in a whopping $555 billion in sales for 2020. The retail giant sells just about everything a person could possibly need, including groceries, household wares, clothing and shoes, and much more. In addition to the retail offerings, Walmart also provides pharmacy, optical, and other services in many of their store locations. It makes sense then, that you or a loved one would sign up for a Walmart account.
But, what happens if you no longer wish to use your Walmart account, or if a loved one passes away and leaves an open account behind? To avoid fraud and other complications, it's a wise idea to if you're not using it. The process should be straightforward, but it's not always as easy as it could be. In fact, deleting a Walmart account can be downright impossible. But, don't worry, DoNotPay can help get rid of your Walmart account in short order.
Reasons to Delete Your Walmart Account
You may not realize this, but deleting your is a wise security move. When a loved one passes away, closing their digital accounts ensures that no one else gains access to important information. Some key reasons for deleting a Walmart account include:
- Protecting your online data
- Eliminating potential fraud
- Protecting against identity theft
For these same reasons, it may be wise to delete an unused gmail account, dating app account, Amazon account, or Uber account.
What Information Is Required to Delete a Walmart Account
If you've decided that it's time to remove yourself from Walmart's site, you can only do so via the following channels:
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
But, before you begin the process of deleting your Walmart account, you should know that you'll need to provide certain documentation. This crucial step is important as it ensures that the individual who is requesting the account to be closed is authorized to do so. You will need:
- The email address associated with the account
- The Walmart account password
- The billing address on the account
How to Delete a Walmart Account Permanently
Once you've gathered the necessary information, you can begin the process of permanently deleting your Walmart account. Plan on spending a bit of time taking care of this issue as it's not always a fast process, especially when you need to communicate with a Walmart associate.
- Log in to your Walmart account online.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Contact Us link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Choose the Contact Us link again.
- A pop-up chat window will open.
- Explain that you want to close your account to the associate.
- Follow the instructions you're given to close your account.
Sounds easy, right? It can be. But, there's no guarantee you'll get your account deleted in a timely manner. You could run into issues that prevent your account from being closed. This is especially true when you're attempting to close a deceased relative's account.
Issues You Might Run Into When Deleting Your Walmart Account
Nothing is more frustrating than being told you cannot delete your own account. Yet, this happens all the time to people. The reasons requests to delete accounts aren't always completed vary, but the most common reason is missing or inaccurate information regarding the account or the account holder. For example, you can't remember the password or you no longer have access to the email account on record. No
How to Delete a Walmart Account Without a Password
Forget your Walmart account password? Don't feel bad, around 78% of people report forgetting what they set their password to on an account. Unless you've written it down somewhere, you'll need to reset your password in order to access the account so you can begin the process of deleting it.
How to Delete a Walmart Account Without an Email
When logging into your Walmart account, you'll need to enter the email address. But, what if you don't have access to that email account anymore, or perhaps you don't know what account your loved one used. If this is the case, you'll need to speak to a customer service representative to complete the request.
Next Steps for Deleting a Walmart Account If You're Struggling
Closing unwanted accounts and deleting accounts of deceased family members is highly recommended. It can be frustrating and difficult to get a Walmart account closed, especially if you are missing key pieces of information. But don't leave the account to languish, it's a potential security flaw that you don't want. Instead, rely on DoNotPay to take care of it for you.
Delete Your Walmart Account With DoNotPay
Your digital security is always at risk of being breached. You have to do everything you can to protect yourself and that begins with deleting old, unused accounts.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete a Walmart Account
Your contact information, financial data, and other personal data is extremely valuable. Protect it by deleting accounts you no longer need, such as a Walmart account, using DoNotPay is:
- Fast—In just a few minutes, you can answer some simple questions and with the click of a button, your request to delete your Walmart account is done.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms, you don't need to make a bunch of phone calls, and you don't need to worry.
- Successful—You can rest assured that your Walmart account will be closed right away.
DoNotPay Can Help You Cancel Any Account With the Click of a Button
Walmart probably isn't the only account that you should delete. In fact, you likely have several accounts that you have forgotten about. From social media sites to financial institutions and email providers, you should take the time to evaluate your digital accounts and to delete the ones you aren't using. DoNotPay can help delete accounts from sites like:
What Else Can DoNotPay Help Me Do?
Deleting your old accounts is just the beginning of what DoNotPay can help you with. The world's first robot lawyer can handle a wide array of tasks including:
- Appeal Banned Account
- Fight Email Spam
- Get Free Trials & Don't Get Charged
- File a Complaint Against Any Company
- Item Return Request
Find out more about how you can delete any account with DoNotPay or learn more about the many ways it can help you manage your life. Visit DoNotPay today and you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.