How to Delete Your Old Nintendo Account
Like many of us, you undoubtedly have old online accounts you no longer use. Long ago forgotten by you, an old account could compromise your data security.
Don't let old accounts linger. You need to delete them. DoNotPay can help you with you no longer use as well as any other old accounts.
Why You Should Delete Old Accounts
Old accounts, such as one on Nintendo, contain a lot of your personal information. We see threats to cybersecurity mentioned on the news almost daily. And while most of us more commonly worry about the hacking of our financial institutions, any old account can contain your credit card information, banking account routing numbers, and passwords.
By learning and others that you no longer use, you are protecting sensitive data, avoiding paying lagging membership fees, and preventing unwanted spam from being sent to your email or smartphone.
Using DoNotPay provides the easiest way to delete unwanted accounts and prevent cyber thieves from obtaining your information through those old accounts.
How to Delete Your Nintendo Account on Your Own
What methods can you use to delete your Nintendo account?
|Can I Delete With
|Yes / No
Using the Nintendo Website
Through its customer support, Nintendo offers you a way to deactivate a Nintendo Switch account, Switch Family, Switch Light, OLED model, or a standard account on its website. Here's what you need to do:
- Remember your sign-in data, including your password and login details to Nintendo.
- Select "Other Settings."
- Search for the "Delete Account" link somewhere near the bottom of the page.
- Read through all the information regarding deleting your Nintendo account.
- After reading all the information, click "Deactivate and Delete."
- You will then be asked to "Confirm your Account Deletion."
Nintendo gives you up to four weeks to change your mind. During this time, you can log back in and restore your account if you'd like, although Nintendo does not guarantee all your data will be restored along with it.
It may sound simple enough, but of course, you must remember your login information to start. And if you or your family have multiple accounts to delete, you will have to go through the procedure for each to delete them all.
Similarly, if you have online accounts for other websites, email accounts, software companies that you no longer use, you will have to go through a similar process for each one independently.
How Will DoNotPay Delete Your Nintendo Account?
DoNotPay was designed to make life easier. Deleting your Nintendo account is one of those problems DoNotPay can take care of for you quickly and efficiently. The below steps can help you delete any online account you no longer need.
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Pretty easy, eh? There's a lot more DoNotPay can help you with.
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Old Accounts?
With DoNotPay, using it to perform tasks is the best way.
- It's Easy - You don't have to dig around trying to find out how to get it done. With DoNotPay, the information is at your fingertips.
- It's Fast - Enter a bit of information, and you're done.
- It's Successful - DoNotPay will take care of deleting your account the first time. You don't have to worry about whether you got it right or not.
What Other Accounts Can DoNotPay Delete?
Aside from deleting your Nintendo account, we can also assist you in removing your accounts in:
Account deletion is only a drop in the bucket of our services. These are just a few examples of how we can advocate for you:
Our lives are full of small and large inconveniences. Why not ask DoNotPay to handle most of them? Have a look around to see just how the DoNotPay app can make your life easier.