How to Cancel Your Zoom Subscriptions Without the Hassle
You jumped on the Zoom bandwagon but now need to . Either you've found another way to video chat and conference, or just no longer need the service. Regardless, you're already running into complications, from knowing where to begin to officially ending your Zoom subscription for good.
Zoom became wildly popular during the pandemic shutdowns as millions of Americans sought new ways to connect remotely to their work and social lives. And with the free trial available, along with a basic, free service plan, Zoom made it easy to adopt. But for anyone who instead opted for the Zoom Pro or the Zoom Add-On paid subscriptions, canceling Zoom might prove to be more difficult than anticipated.
You might be in an auto renewal cycle, having forgotten to cancel before your 30-day trial period ended. Or it could be you're just ready to give it up and cancel Zoom altogether because you found another conferencing provider to use. The struggle is real because you not only need to stop the auto renewal, but you then need to cancel Zoom and subsequently delete your account. Let DoNotPay handle the Zoom cancelation process for you without the hassle or failed attempts.
How to Officially Cancel Zoom
How you cancel your Zoom subscription may directly be related to how you subscribed in the first place. And it will matter, too, which Zoom service plan you chose to enroll in as you explore the tutorials for canceling. Here's what Zoom users need to know.
Canceling a Zoom Pro Subscription
If you have subscribed to a paid Zoom Pro Subscription that you need to cancel, these are the steps to follow, per the Zoom official support page.
- Sign in to your Zoom profile and web portal
- Select "Account Management"
- Click "Billing"
- Select "Current Plans" to find "Cancel Subscription"
- This will stop auto renewals
- Confirm your official Zoom canceling request by clicking "Cancel Subscription"
Canceling a Zoom Add-On Subscription
If you are looking to cancel a Zoom Add-On Subscription, another paid version of the video conferencing platform, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Zoom profile
- Select "Account Management"
- Select "Billing"
- Choose the "Current Plans" tab to then click "Cancel Subscription" next to the add-on service you'd like to stop paying for via auto renewal.
Zoom Contact and Terms of Service
If you want to contact Zoom support before canceling your Zoom subscription or need to review the terms of service, you can explore these resources:
|Terms of Service||Cancellation Policies|
|Terminate a Basic (Free) Zoom Account||Termination Steps|
Getting Refunds for Paid Zoom Plans
Depending on the nature and setup of your Zoom account, you might be eligible for a refund when you cancel your Zoom subscription. Zoom says an account must NOT have any usage attributed to it since the last billing cycle to be eligible.
Here's how to find out more:
- Sign in to your Zoom web portal
- Select "Account Management:
- Click "Billing"
- Select "Cancel Subscription"
- Click on "Need Help"
- The eligible refund amount will be displayed
- Agree to the refund terms by clicking on "Cancel and Refund"
DoNotPay's Virtual Credit Card Can Prevent These Service-Canceling Nightmares
Just perusing the Better Business Bureau, you'll see not everyone has had an easy time canceling their Zoom subscriptions. Several users complained about having canceled their profiles and subscriptions, only to continue seeing charges to their accounts. To avoid these types of nightmares in the future, you can use DoNotPay's Virtual Credit Card.
If you sampled the 30-day free trial or have struggled to cancel Zoom, this is an absolute game-changer solution. Learn more about how the DoNotPay Virtual Credit Card, and here's how it works:
- Select a free trial service you'd like to sample
- Let DoNotPay randomly generate digits for a virtual credit card
- Once the free trial expires, no card is linked to the DoNotPay card provided
- Your free trial ends, without surprise or auto renewal charges
If Zoom Is Being Difficult, DoNotPay Can Help You Take Legal Action
In the event, your attempt at canceling a Zoom subscription turns south, and you believe you have recourse, DoNotPay can help you take your case to small claims court.
If Zoom has wronged you in any way, and you're struggling to achieve the resolution you deserve, you may need to escalate. DoNotPay makes the filing process super easy, allowing consumers to sue companies in small claims court. And it has been recognized by the American Bar Association's Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access.
Have DoNotPay Cancel Your Zoom Subscription for You
DoNotPay can manage the Zoom cancellation process for you. You'll likely find that DoNotPay is always the easiest and best option for unsubscribing.
How to cancel Zoom account in 3 easy steps:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
Once you submit the details, we'll work on canceling your Zoom account and subscription! We'll even try to secure applicable refunds on your behalf. Additionally, DoNotPay will notify you once the VPN service has been canceled.
Do You Have More Subscriptions to Cancel? DoNotPay Can Unsubscribe From Those, Too!
If you're seeing charges for free trials turned into paid subscriptions that you no longer need or want to pay for, DoNotPay can help. Check out some of the other subscription and enrollment services our products can you cancel entirely, including:
- Planet Fitness
- Xbox Live
- Truthfinder Subscription
- Epoch Payments
- Ford Credit Payments
- Ready Refresh
- CVS Care Pass
- Disney Movie Club
- Amazon Prime Video
- Blue Mountain Cards
- Massage Envy
- HP Instant Ink Subscription
- YouTube TV Free Trial
DoNotPay Can Tackle Plenty of Tasks with Ease!
DoNotPay has an entire roster of simple-to-use products designed specifically to help consumers like you with a host of tedious tasks. Explore some of these solutions and let DoNotPay help you take care of your to-do list of mundane tasks.
- Find the best credit cards
- File in small claims court
- Get help with paying your bills
- Explore free trials without the charges
- Negotiate hotel charges
- Learn about burner phones
- Connect with any customer service
Let DoNotPay be your guide . And then learn about all the other incredibly user-friendly solutions we put right at your fingertips!