Secure a Partial eBay Refund in a Few Minutes
eBay Inc. is a multinational e-commerce giant headquartered in San Jose, California. Founded in 1995, the company specializes in consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales through its website. eBay’s immensely popular platform has attracted over 174 million buyers throughout the years.
The company’s financial report revealed that in the first quarter of 2020, a staggering 1.5 billion listings had been registered on eBay. With a volume of transactions so massive, it’s only natural that a certain number will go wrong.
Can You Do a Partial Refund on eBay?
Yes. If there has been a problem with an eBay purchase, the buyer might be able to settle the dispute by reaching a compromise with the seller. It is, essentially, a matter of negotiation between the two parties through eBay’s Resolution Center.
Most commonly, the seller will allow the buyer to keep the item that was in some way problematic or was not matching the description. The seller will then refund the buyer a part of the cost, i.e., issue a partial refund. In exchange, the buyer is expected to leave a favorable rating of the seller.
How to Request a Partial Refund on eBay on Your Own
The only way to request a partial refund is to come to an agreement with the seller through open communication.
Here is how to kickstart the process by yourself:
- Sign in to eBay
- Go to Resolution Center
- Select the I received an item that does not match the seller’s description option
- Select the item or transaction in question
- Explain to the seller why you’re unhappy with the received goods
If you decide it’s not worth sending the item back in order to receive a full refund, you can propose a partial refund as a “meet me half-way” solution.
How to Get a Full Refund on eBay
You can get a full refund for your faulty purchase through eBay’s website.
Can you request a refund via
Yes / No
To request the full amount of what you paid, do the following:
- Go to your My eBay Purchase history
- In the drop-down menu, find the item you would like the refund for
- Choose Return or Item not received
- Confirm that this is the right item
- Select Resolve a Problem
- Answer the questions to get a link to request the refund
If you’re unable to agree on a compromise with the seller, eBay will mediate between the two of you. You’ll receive a refund if eBay rules in your favor.
Hasten the eBay Partial Refund Process With DoNotPay
If you’ve come to a standstill with obtaining your partial refund on eBay, you can look into another solution. Delegate this task to DoNotPay, and you will receive your money back soon.
Follow these instructions:
- Open the DoNotPay app in your
- Click on Get Protected under the File a Chargeback option
- Follow the chatbot’s instructions and describe your case
- Verify your signature
- Submit the request
Equipped with the necessary information, DoNotPay will contact your bank and request the return of funds from the vendor. Our app will also cite relevant VISA and Mastercard codes and regulations that will help you secure the chargeback.
If you prefer, DoNotPay can also contact the merchant (in this case, eBay) on your behalf and demand a refund.
How to Send a Partial Refund on eBay as a Seller
Even if you (as a seller) don’t offer refunds, the buyer is allowed to return the goods if the sold items arrive:
- Not matching the description
- Instead of another (correct) item
This is how to process a partial refund to your buyer:
- Go to your Returns dashboard
- Click on View return details next to the item
- Select Offer a partial refund, then hit Continue
- Enter the partial refund amount you are proposing to the buyer
- Add a message to the buyer if you want
- Click on Send offer
You can only offer a partial refund once, and the buyer can choose whether or not to accept it.
What Is eBay’s Refund Policy?
eBay’s Money Back Guarantee policy states that if you don’t receive what you ordered, you’re entitled to get your money back. This refund will be credited back to the original form of payment.
Their refund policy protects you if you haven’t received your goods, or if they didn’t match the description in the listing. Still, the Money Back Guarantee policy isn’t the same as a product warranty. If the mobile phone you got on eBay breaks down after a few months, eBay’s refund policy will be of little use to you.
The eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to almost everything that can be purchased on eBay, except:
- Real estate
- Motors vehicles (covered under the eBay Vehicle Protection Program)
- Classified ads and services
- Websites and businesses for sale
- Some business equipment categories (usually covered by the eBay Business Equipment Purchase Protection)
What Is the Average eBay Money Refund Time?
The seller typically has two business days to issue your refund. eBay will notify you once this happens.
The refund processing time will depend on how you paid for your purchase:
- A PayPal refund could take from three to five business days to go through
- A credit card refund could take up to 30 days before your money appears in your bank account, depending on your card issuer
How to Check the Status of Your eBay Partial Refund Request
You can check the status of your partial refund/return status by following this link.
What to Do if Your eBay Refund Process Veers Off Course?
If there’s any sort of issue regarding your eBay refund, you can either:
- Ask eBay to mediate in the matter
- Appeal eBay’s decision regarding your case
Ask eBay to Mediate in the Matter
If you and the other party couldn’t reach an agreement within three business days, eBay will have to step in and make a decision. If you’re a seller and eBay rules the case in the buyer’s favor, you could potentially receive a defect, which means that you’ve created a bad shopping experience for the buyer.
Appeal eBay’s Decision About the Case
If you disagree with eBay’s decision after their customer service mediated in the case, you have the right to appeal it up to 30 days after the resolution. Provide additional information and evidence as to why the case should be reassessed and solved in your favor. eBay should get in touch with you within 48 hours of receiving the appeal.
DoNotPay Keeps Your Info Safe From Scammers!
There are many drawbacks to sharing your private information online, especially when you are not sure whether the website that asks you to do so is a reliable one. To bypass all the risks and play it safe, you can use DoNotPay's virtual credit card generator. Our product helps you protect your identity and bank account from cyber criminals.
The next time suspicious websites ask you to provide your banking information, fire up DoNotPay's generator and feed them the bogus credit card number. Our virtual credit cards are made up of randomly selected numbers, tied to a dedicated temporary email address, and linked to a fake name! They also contain no funds, so you won't have to pay for any service unless you choose to.
The best part is that companies will have no way of telling our card from a legit one, so you're sure to pass their check-ups and avoid being charged for unwanted subscriptions!
Why You Should Join Up With DoNotPay
Are there certain things in your life that you would like to take care of, but you don’t have the know-how or lack the time or resources to do so? Do you need to write a cease and desist letter, or sue a company that has wronged you, but can’t afford a lawyer?
Most people don’t have sufficient access to legal help, but our app is striving to change that. Built on the back of world-class artificial intelligence technology, and described as the world’s first “robot lawyer,” DoNotPay is dedicated to solving the minor (and not so minor) issues and inconveniences that you are struggling with every day.
We can help you with:
- Taking revenge on illegal robocalls
- Scheduling a DMV appointment quickly and easily
- Dealing with credit card problems
- Appealing traffic tickets
- Skipping the phone queue when calling customer service
- Challenging speeding tickets
- Requesting refunds from other companies
- Obtaining refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Fighting parking tickets
- Managing bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
You can access the DoNotPay app from your .