How to Delete a UPS Account Easily
More than 100 years ago, the United Parcel Service (UPS) began as a small messenger service; the brainchild of two teenage entrepreneurs. Since that time, UPS has grown to become one of the leading package delivery services worldwide, with more than half a million employees and 24.7 million packages delivered daily. Many customers obtain online services from the company by creating an online account through its website.
However, because most people only use their UPS accounts once in a while, it is easy to forget sign-in information that will allow them to keep the account active or delete it. Fortunately, can help you delete your old UPS account easily, without having to reset your password.
Reasons to Delete Your Old UPS Account
Within 90 days of non-use, 78 percent of people will forget the passwords they use to sign up for online services. Surveys indicate that 3 out of 10 people find resetting a password to be as stressful as retirement. There are several important reasons why you should from UPS and other companies, though, including:
- Inactive accounts are seldom monitored, making them easy targets for data breaches.
- If your inactive account is breached, it could result in your private information getting into the hands of strangers.
- If you have recycled a password that you used for your old account, it is easier for strangers to track you and access other accounts.
- Unauthorized access to your account can result in unwanted charges to the credit card associated with it, as well as making you susceptible to spam, email scams, and other hazards.
How to Delete a UPS Account By Yourself
If you want to delete your UPS account on your own, you can do it on their website.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
While it is certainly a good idea to delete your inactive UPS account, doing so requires you to log into your account. If you have forgotten the password you used when you created the account, you will have to follow instructions on the website for resetting your password. After that, follow these steps to delete your UPS account:
- Log in by entering the email associated with that account and your password.
- Click on your user name in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select "My Information" from the drop-down menu.
- Click on "Delete My Profile" found on the right-hand side of the screen.
- A pop-up will appear, asking you if you're sure you want to complete this action. Click "Yes, Cancel Registration."
What Should You Do If You Want to Keep Using the Account but Simply Forgot Your Password?
Forgotten passwords are actually one of the most common reasons why accounts become active. Rather than going through the process of resetting their password, account-holders instead opt to create a new account, leaving the old one -- and all the data connected with it -- dormant. If you wish to make the account active again, either go through the password reset process on the UPS site, or take a look at DoNotPay's product.
Deleting Your UPS Account the Easy Way Through DoNotPay
While UPS has made the process of deleting your account relatively straightforward, logging in to do so can be a nightmare if you don't remember your login information and can even result in you having to contact the company personally in order to obtain assistance with the process. This can result in spending time dealing with automated answering services and even being placed on hold.
With DoNotPay, you simply answer a few questions and provide information that can verify your account ownership, and we will not only contact UPS on your behalf and demand that your account be deleted, but we will also request that all of your personal data associated with that account also be deleted under federal and state data privacy laws.
How to Delete Old UPS Accounts Using DoNotPay
In order to protect your data by deleting an old UPS account using DoNotPay, simply follow these 7 easy steps.
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
That's it! From there, we will make the demand to UPS that your account and personal data be deleted. You should receive confirmation or any requests for further information from UPS directly.
DoNotPay Works Across All Platforms
DoNotPay can help you delete not just your UPS account, but also various accounts in social media, email, dating websites, or ecommerce, including:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay does a lot more than helping you delete old online accounts in order to protect your private data. We make other tasks easier as well, including:
To learn more about all the ways DoNotPay can make your life easier by taking the stress out of daily tasks, sign up today.