How To Delete An MSN Account
Many people who regularly use emails as a means of communication, whether for work or pleasure, have at least one or two email addresses. Email users prefer to use one email address for work and another for personal reasons, but many people have four or five email addresses - some of which they don't use.
If you have old email accounts that you don't use, you might consider deleting them. It is more challenging than you might think to . There are several steps to go through, with no guarantee that the old account will be erased. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help manage your old email accounts, reaching out to the service provider on your behalf to delete your MSN account.
Why You Should Consider Deleting Your MSN Account
The MSN email client is part of the Outlook/Hotmail/Live email group and is still widely utilized among internet users. There are a few reasons why you might want to :
- You no longer use the email account.
- You've experienced a data breach or hack.
- You are getting a lot of spam mail to the email address.
- You are locked out of your MSN account.
How to Delete an MSN Account on Your Own
It is possible to delete an MSN account on your own, but it can be complicated.
|Go to the Microsoft login screen.
|You will need to delete your entire Microsoft account if you want to delete an MSN account. Once you go to the Microsoft login page, you will need to enter the email address of the account that you wish to delete. You will then be prompted to enter your password to complete the sign-in process.
|Verify your identity.
|Make sure that the displayed account is the one that you wish to delete. If it is, you can proceed to the next step, which is verifying your identity by receiving a code at your secondary email address. Once you receive the code at the email address you selected, you can copy/paste it into the provided section in your Microsoft account.
|Read the Microsoft terms of service.
|Microsoft will present you with a list of conditions and details that you need to know to delete your MSN account. You will have to check a box next to each item to confirm that you read it and understand the terms. You will also be prompted to select a reason for deleting your MSN account. Click Mark Account for Closure at the bottom of the screen. Your account won't be deleted instantly - in many cases, Microsoft/MSN will wait up to 60 days before they permanently delete your account.
Issues You Might Face When Deleting an MSN Account
While it is possible to delete your MSN account through the steps detailed above, it can be stressful and time-consuming. There are also a few reasons you cannot proceed through the process. These reasons include:
- If you don't have a secondary email address to verify your identity.
- If you can't remember your password to the account and cannot reset it.
- If you have experienced some data breach already and your MSN account has been compromised.
These issues can make it seem like a monumental task to delete your MSN account. It doesn't have to be that way, however. DoNotPay is a simple solution for managing your online presence, helping you delete old accounts without the stress and hassle.
Use DoNotPay to Delete Your MSN Account
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
DoNotPay Helps Maintain Your Online Presence
Aside from deleting your MSN account, we can also assist you in removing your accounts in:
DoNotPay is the fast, easy, successful solution for deleting your old accounts without wasted time or headaches. DoNotPay contacts the service provider on your behalf, so when you want to delete your MSN account but don't want to spend hours trying to negotiate online forms and glitchy websites, it provides the perfect option. Nearly 78% of people forget their passwords every 90 days - if you are one of those people but don't want to compromise your internet safety, turn to DoNotPay to help you get all your old or forgotten accounts deleted.