How to Delete Google Voice Account in Minutes
Google Voice is a smart calling internet-based service that combines your cellular services and allows you to forward calls to multiple devices. However, time may come when you no longer need it and want to .
Deleting a Google Voice account is a sophisticated process because there is no direct button where you can simply press "DELETE ACCOUNT." That means you may be able to delete everything in the account but still not get rid of the account completely. The only option close to deleting the account is to disable the Google Voice account and delete the Google number.
While someone may go through the hassle and get it done in the end, the trouble is too much to take yourself through it. It gets worse when you can't remember the password, and you have to start by recovering it. DoNotPay helps users like you delete such an account, whether you remember the password or not.
Reasons to Delete Your Google Voice Account
A merges all your phone contacts and allows you to communicate from wherever you are over the internet. It's a great tool when you are always traveling or making international business calls as it saves you the expenses involved.
However, you may want to delete it because:
- You no longer need it
- Your account is compromised, and you are at risk of losing your important data to cyber attackers.
- You can't access the account for various reasons.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
How to Delete Google Voice Account by Yourself
This step-by-step process will show you how to disable the Google Voice account and delete the Google Number.
How to Disable Google Voice Account
- Inform all those who have your Google number that you'll no longer use the number so that they don't call or leave messages to it in the future.
- Use a computer (not a mobile browser) to log into your Google Voice account.
- Once in your account, open the Google Voice settings page and open the "Phones" tab. You'll see a checked list of all your verified forwarding telephones.
- Remove all the checkmarks from the verified forwarding telephones.
- If you have enabled Google Voice voicemail services for your cell phone, you can disable it through appropriate commands from your mobile carrier.
- You can leave it here if you feel you might need to use the account again in the future. But if not, proceed to delete the Google Number.
How to Delete Google Number
Google allows you to reclaim your Google Number within 90 days after deleting it. Here's how to delete a Google Number:
- Use your computer to open your Google Voice account
- Click the settings icon at the top right of your account
- On the left side of your account's settings page, click on the account
- Find the number you want to delete on the "Google Account Number" tab
- Click "Delete" then "Delete Number."
There you go! Your Google number is gone unless you reclaim it before the 90-day period lapses.
How to Delete Google Voice Account Using DoNotPay
DoNotPay helps you to delete a Google Voice account without hassle. All you have to do is answer a few questions concerning the account and provide any form of evidence required to verify that you are the account owner.
DoNotPay is keen on ensuring that the company follows the guidelines stipulated in the data privacy law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA 2018), Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA), and General Data Privacy Regulations (GDPR), when deleting your personal data.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it! DoNotPay will submit a demand letter to the service provider on your behalf, verifying your account ownership and requesting for your account to be deleted. We'll also ask for all of your personal data associated with the account to be deleted under the rights granted to you through data privacy regulations. You should hear back from them directly via email for more updates regarding your issue if they have any further questions or concerns.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies
If you wish to delete other old or inaccessible accounts, DoNotPay can help. If you have forgotten the passwords to any of these accounts, DoNotPay can help you recover their passwords before deleting them.
DoNotPay help you delete your old accounts with:
How Else Can DoNotPay Help You?
DoNotPay can also help you:
- Request item returns
- Fight email spam
- File complaints
- Manage subscriptions
- Appeal banned accounts
- Get free trials
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Google Voice Account?
Why go through the sophisticated process of deleting a Google Voice account while you can have DoNotPay help you through it? Here's why you should use DoNotPay.
- Safe – DoNotPay is keen on ensuring that your data remains safe and unviolated according to the data privacy laws in your region.
- Fast – DoNotPay gets the process completed within a short time compared to when you are trying to do it yourself.
- Convenient – DoNotPay helps you delete the account whether you remember the password or not, making it a convenient option for you.
In an era where cyber security is easily compromised, protecting your data by deleting a Google Voice account you no longer use is a great option. No matter how sophisticated the process is, DoNotPay will help delete the account for you.
There is no need to search and spend countless hours for ways to handle your accounts and other legal needs when DoNotPay can help.