How to Cancel Diamond Car Insurance
Diamond is part of the Admiral Group together with the likes of Bell, Admiral, and Elephant. The organisation was founded as an insurer catering for women drivers in 1997. Since the introduction of European anti-discrimination legislation in 2012, Diamond car insurance premiums can't be counted regarding gender. As a result, you might want to cancel your insurance subscription with Diamond.
Probably, you've found a better deal somewhere else, or you just do not need car insurance any longer. Depending on how long you have had your Diamond insurance and the policy you have, you may be required to pay a fee to leave. And truth be told, cancelling a subscription on your own can be a daunting task, especially considering the time you might spend navigating Diamond's bureaucracy.
You don't need to panic. DoNotPay can be of great help. With just the click of a button, we can help you successfully cancel your Diamond Car Insurance.
How to Cancel Diamond Car Insurance
|Can You Cancel Diamond Car Insurance Via||Yes/No|
|Company Website/ Support Form (or another alternative method)||No|
To cancel your insurance with Diamond, you'll be required to call or email them. Here are their opening hours:
- Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am to 4 pm.
- Christmas, New year, and bank holidays are subject to changes.
To cancel your Diamond car insurance via the phone, you can call them on 0333 220 2004.
Cancelling Diamond Car Insurance Within the Cooling-off Period
By law, every vehicle insurance policy comes with a cooling-off period. The period duration is 14 days from the day your policy begins. It can also be fourteen days from the day you received your policy documents in the post.
If you've had Diamond for a few days, but it is not your cup of tea. Here are the cancellation steps to follow:
- Contact Diamond within 14 days of getting their welcome email or letter. You may do this by emailing, writing a letter, or calling.
- Diamond should stop your policy the same day, so you will need to acquire a new car insurance policy.
- Diamond will refund your premium after deducting the administration fee. This might be over £100 if you have had the "little box" installed.
Cancelling Diamond Car Insurance After the Cooling-off Period
Diamond allows you to cancel your policy any time, even after 14 days. Here are the cancellation steps you're required to take:
- Call, write a letter, or email Diamond specifically saying that you want to end your policy.
- Diamond will cancel your policy contract on the day you contact them or from a later date that you choose.
- If you make your payments monthly and there's a remaining premium on your account, you have ten days to pay it off. Any delays will attract more charges from Diamond.
- The company will then refund you any remaining premium and then charge you administration as well as leaving fees.
- If you have had a claim, Diamond will not give any money back whatsoever.
Does Diamond Car Insurance Charge Any Cancellation Fees?
If you cancel your Diamond car insurance early or fail to give back any equipment, then yes. Here are some of the fees:
If you cancel within 14 days, you'll be required to pay a £25 cancellation fee. If you cancel after the 14 days have ended, the cancellation fee will be £55.
If you cancel your insurance early, Diamond will charge you administration fees. This happens irrespective of whether you're in a cooling-off period or not.
Losing Your Discount
If you have more than one vehicle on your policy, you'll most likely receive a discount on the premium. Removing one car from the policy means you'll lose the discount, and the premium will also be adjusted for each vehicle.
Let DoNotPay Cancel Your Diamond Car Insurance Subscription
If you don't want to go through the hassle of waiting on hold, you can cancel your Diamond car insurance policy with the DoNotPay app.
Here's all you have to do:
- Log in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
Once we cancel your subscription, we will send you a confirmation email.
What Other Subscriptions Can DoNotPay Help Me Cancel?
Alongside Diamond car insurance, DoNotPay can also help you cancel:
- Planet fitness
- CVS Carepass
- Xbox Live
- Now TV
- Virgin Media
- BT sport
- Vodafone contract
- Just Eat order
- Admiral renewal
- RAC membership
- AA membership
Other Services From DoNotPay
Besides cancelling subscriptions or accounts, we can also help you deal with several other issues, including:
- Contesting parking tickets
- Suing businesses and individuals in small claims court
- Getting DMV appointments faster
- Making virtual credit cards to help you avoid being charged after a free trial
- Jumping waiting for queues when contacting customer care teams
- And more!
Sign up on our website today to enjoy more of our services.