Here’s How You Can Get a Camtasia Free Trial
Camtasia is a software suite developed by TechSmith, used for creating presentations and video tutorials. It allows multimedia recording that can be directly integrated into PowerPoint.
Snagit is another piece of recording software developed by TechSmith that focuses on screenshots and still-image editing. It has video editing functionalities, but they are not as developed as Camtasia’s.
These programs are useful for creating interactive and engaging video content. TechSmith offers free trials for both Camtasia and Snagit.
How Does the Camtasia Free Trial Work?
If you want to check out the program, TechSmith allows you to download a free version of Camtasia for a limited time. The trial lasts 30 days and includes all of the paid features of the program.
It comes with a significant drawback—every produced video will feature a TechSmith watermark. This severely limits the applications of the produced video outside of the program. You can’t export a video without a watermark until you’ve switched to the paid version of Camtasia. You can still edit videos and explore the different functions Camtasia has to offer.
Techsmith can terminate your trial at any time and for any reason, which could lead to losing content as you’re working on it.
How To Sign Up for a Camtasia 30-Day Free Trial
Signing up for Camtasia is a pretty straightforward process. All you have to do is:
- Visit the TechSmith website
- Go to the Store section
- Click on Learn More, located below the Camtasia tab
- Hit Download Free Trial
- Choose the operating system you use and proceed with the download
- Follow the install wizard’s steps until Camtasia is installed
You can only install Camtasia’s free trial on a single device. The TechSmith website states that you can’t use the free trial for commercial or benchmarking purposes.
How Does the Snagit Free Trial Work?
Snagit can also be installed as a free trial that lasts 30 days. There are no limitations, and you can use the full functionalities of the program during the trial.
Users that sign up for the TechSmith Video Review extended trial also receive 15 days of Snagit for free. Once the trial is over, you can sign up for the regular 30-day Snagit trial to continue using the program.
You can only sign up once for the Video Review trial and the standard Snagit trial. After they run out, you’ll have to pay for the program to continue using it.
How To Sign Up for Snagit Trial Version
If you want to install the Snagit free trial version, you have to:
- Go to the TechSmith website
- Navigate to the Store tab and click on the Learn More option on the Snagit tab
- Select Free Trial in the top-right corner
- Choose your operating system
- Download the program
- Follow the installation wizard
You can immediately start using Snagit and enjoy all of its functionalities, including:
- Premade template layouts
- Screen capture and recordings
- Simplify tool
The projects can be edited and exported without watermarks.
How Much Do Camtasia and Snagit Cost After The Free Trials End?
The paid versions of Camtasia and Snagit can be bought individually or through a TechSmith bundle. You only pay for them once, but TechSmith offers a subscription service for the programs’ maintenance. Here are the Camtasia and Snagit prices:
|Free Trials||Pricing for Paid Versions||
15 days + 30 days
Camtasia + Snagit Bundle
No free trial
Do Camtasia and Snagit Free Trials Auto-Renew Into Paid Subscriptions?
No, you won’t be charged for Camtasia or Snagit after the free trials end. The programs are one-time purchases, and they don’t require a subscription to use.
The maintenance subscriptions for Snagit and Camtasia auto-renew on a yearly basis. You will have to cancel them before the end of the billing period to avoid being charged again.
Use DoNotPay To Avoid Automatic Renewals
Most free trials auto-renew into paid subscriptions once they’re over. If you don’t cancel at the right moment, you can end up being billed once the trial runs out. Plenty of people forget about the subscriptions they sign up for. The average American spends around $350 a year on services they don’t use.
If you want to sign up for free trials and not have to worry about auto-renewals, use DoNotPay. Our handy robot lawyer app can provide you with a free virtual credit card that makes signing up for trials a simple and risk-free endeavor. This is how it works:
- DoNotPay generates temporary credit card information—including a one-time credit card number
- You use the card to sign up for a free trial
- The card is approved by the merchant, and you start using the service
- The free trial runs out, but the merchant can’t charge you for a paid subscription because there are no funds on the virtual credit card
The card isn’t connected to your bank account, which means your money stays safe from unwanted charges and credit card scams.
When you want to try out a service that requires your credit card, having an instant-approval virtual credit card by your side is essential.
Once you sign up for Camtasia or Snagit, you can expect a large influx of spam emails in your inbox. DoNotPay can also generate a disposable email address that you can use for free trials and subscriptions. Using this email address helps you:
- Sign up for services that require an email address
- Avoid unwanted spam emails from the companies whose software you’re trying out
- Keep your personal data safe and out of reach from businesses
DoNotPay Will Be Your Pocket-Sized Robot Helper
Our robot lawyer app is good for more than setting up risk-free free trials. Think of DoNotPay as a legal assistant that can fit in your pocket. When you want to sue someone for harassment or seek compensation for a canceled flight but don’t know how, we’ll help you out. DoNotPay makes it easier to sue Comcast, stop Chinese robocalls, and request CashApp refunds. We can even help you lower your bills.
If you’re sick of wasting time on mundane daily tasks, our app can speed things up and make your life easier.
To start using DoNotPay’s many features, open the app in your web browser. Here’s a list of tasks we can streamline:
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Getting rid of spam mail forever
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting compensation and refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Getting rid of spam text messages