Contact American Express Customer Service With Zero Effort!
American Express is a credit card company and financial services firm headquartered in Manhattan, New York. The company was founded in 1850. Today, it has more than 100 million customers as the 23rd most valuable brand in the world.
American Express cards can be used at millions of locations around the world, including airports, stores, and amusement parks. American Express is ranked number 9 on Fortune's list of the 100 Companies To Work For, and it operates in over 30 countries and territories around the world. As of today, there are over 100 million active cards reported worldwide.
If you are an American Express customer and you’re experiencing any issues with the company’s services or cards, you should learn how to get in touch with its customer service department. To make the process as smooth and simple as it can be, we provide you with the option to skip the phone queue when contracting American Express customer service!
Sign up for DoNotPay and reach any company’s customer support without waiting on hold ever again!
The American Express website is a useful resource for people with questions about their card, billing, or rewards. It doesn't provide the most detailed information as a customer support rep would, but it does offer a list of frequently asked questions that you can find useful. Some of the questions you’ll find on the American Express FAQ Page are:
- What if my bill amount changes after setting up automatic bill payments?
- How do I cancel automatic payments?
- Are there any additional costs involved when I pay bills with the American Express Card?
- Can I earn rewards for bills I pay with my Card?
- What should I do if there is a problem with a bill from one of my service providers?
- What is a one-time payment?
- Does the service provider store my Card information?
- Can I use my American Express Card to pay bills?
- How long does it take for payments to be received?
- How do I track my bill payments?
- How does automatic bill payment work?
- Where can I find contact information for my service providers?
- How do I use my Card to pay bills?
- What if I cancel my service but keep getting billed?
- What can I do if my service provider is not listed on this site?
- If I set up an automatic bill payment, will I still receive a bill from my service provider?
- What can I do if I've upgraded, renewed, or replaced my Card?
- What if I close my Card account?
Still want to contact American Express customer service? Here are the available contact options:
- Over the phone
- By mail
If you want to inquire about general info, you can dial 1-800-528-4800 and ask what you want to know. In case you want to make a specific request, depending on what you need assistance with, you should choose one number provided in the table below and dial it:
|Calling American Express Customer Service To||Number|
|Make a Payment||1-800-472-9297|
|Apply for a Card||1-888-297-1244|
|Check Application Status||1-877-239-3491|
The company provides a number for the hearing impaired customers as well—1-800-528-4800. You can find various other phone numbers by visiting the company’s Contact Us Page, including the ones to inquire about small business, merchant service, corporate cards, and more.
There are different mailing addresses to choose from based on the type of request you want to send. Check out the table below for details:
|General Inquiries||American Express
P.O. Box 981535
El Paso, TX 79998-1535
|Bill Payment||American Express
P.O. Box 650448
Dallas, TX 75265-0448
|Bill Payment (Overnight)||American Express
Attn: Express Mail Remittance Processing
20500 Belshaw Ave
Carson, CA 90746
You should be aware that inquiring about the info you need via mail usually takes a long time since the process isn’t as straightforward as calling customer service is.
By speaking with an American Express agent directly, you can get your answers right away and avoid waiting for weeks on a response by mail. DoNotPay will help you skip the phone queue so that you can finish everything without a hitch!
If you think our Skip Waiting on Hold product is neat, wait until you see what else we got in store! DoNotPay provides you with various other features that American Express customers can find super useful.
Other than helping you jump the American Express phone line, our app can show you how to:
- File an American Express complaint
- Report American Express spam email
- Get American Express chargebacks
- File an American Express lawsuit
- Check your American Express gift card balance
- Claim your American Express extended warranty
When you have an issue with American Express service, you want the problem solved immediately. It can be infuriating when you have to dial the support number half a dozen times and spend hours on hold until you finally reach a support agent.
That’s why we’ve developed the Skip Waiting on Hold product. With DoNotPay, you won’t have to waste time waiting on hold ever again! The app can call any customer service phone number for you and wait on hold in your place. As soon as a support agent takes your call, the app will notify you, so you can explain the issue and get the answers you’re looking for.
Here’s how you can use DoNotPay to skip American Express’ phone queue:
- Open your web browser and sign up for DoNotPay
- In the app, type in Skip Waiting on Hold and select the product
- Search for the company you’d like to call
- Click on the name of the company and select Call Now
That’s it! DoNotPay will let you know the instant someone picks up so you can talk to a customer support representative without having to spend a second waiting on hold.
DoNotPay was designed to automate a wide variety of tedious, complex, and time-consuming tasks. When you sign up for DoNotPay, you’ll be able to perform all manner of tasks with only a few clicks, including:
- Reducing property taxes
- Getting in touch with an incarcerated loved one
- Signing up for free trials without giving away your credit card information
- Appeal banned and suspended accounts
- Lower your bills
- Get rid of annoying email and text spam
- Draft standardized legal documents in minutes
- Practice for government tests
- Apply for college fee waivers
There are literally hundreds of awesome DoNotPay products that can save you time, money, or trouble. The best part is—you’ll have access to every single one when you sign up for DoNotPay!
We’re adding new products weekly, so the value you’re getting will just keep increasing! Here are a few more tasks DoNotPay can assist you with:
- Create passport photos in seconds
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Schedule DMV appointments with a few clicks
- Cancel any service or subscription
- File item return requests
- Submit anonymous HR complaints
- Find unclaimed money in your name
- Appeal parking tickets
- Get free virtual credit cards in minutes
Whatever you need help with, DoNotPay offers a fast, easy, convenient solution!