Who Should I Complain to About a Bad Hotel?
When you think of a hotel, what comes into your mind is a 5-star resort with all-smiles employees. Probably, you might think of hotels with employees who know how to please customers.
You don't get what you expect in a bad hotel, you get a disappointment. Surprisingly, some hotels do not meet the basic need for cleanliness. Your hotel must provide all the services promised in their package. For instance, if they promised a heated pool, you have the entitlement to get it.
Though it is a legal requirement for a hotel to provide all the amenities promised to their clients, some do not honor them. Filing a complaint about a bad hotel can be uphill to many people with such concerns. Fortunately, you have no reason to worry anymore. DoNotPay has you covered through its service, which provides a faster and a convenient way to .
How to File a Complaint About a Bad Hotel and Ask for Compensation Yourself
There are several ways you can file a complaint about a bad hotel. They include:
- During Your Stay
- Make a Complaint In-Person
How to File a Complaint About a Bad Hotel During Your Stay
You can make a complaint during your stay in a hotel to the management that their services do not meet the expected standards. If you have a subpar hotel stay, it is possible to direct your complaints to the hotel employees or even the front desk manager. However, reporting does not guarantee your problem will be fixed.
How to Make a Complaint About a Bad Hotel In-Person
You may choose to contact those you booked the hotel with. It might be a travel company or a booking website. However, you should be ready for your call to be put on hold for an extended period than you expected. Sometimes they may fail to pick your call, which frustrates you further.
Issues Worth Complaining to a Bad Hotel About
Several issues might push you to take any action against a hotel. Some of these issues include:
|Noisy neighbors||No hot water||Small beds||Dirty rooms||Temperature of the room|
|Customers not agreeing with hotel rules||No free Wi-Fi||Rodents, roaches, & other unwanted guests||Low-quality food||Bad smells|
|Unexpected fees||Issues with staff||Not honoring reservations||Faulty electronics||Theft of personal items|
Why It’s Hard Filing a Complaint With a Bad Hotel on Your Own
Sometimes it might prove problematic to have your complaint solved by your hotel front office management. In such a case, it prompts you to contact the more significant business entity for help. It can be a real hustle since they might be having a backlog of related cases; thus, your response might be delayed, frustrating you more. Your response might take more days than expected, hence the need to seek DoNotPay help for quick feedback.
How to Let DoNotPay File a Complaint on Your Behalf with a Bad Hotel
Irrefutably, filing a complaint about a bad hotel can be a challenging process. Using DIY methods worsens it further and makes the entire process frustrating. DoNotPay is the perfect solution for your woes since it makes the whole process super easy. If you want to file a complaint about a bad hotel and you have no know-how, DoNotPay simplifies everything for you. Below are the five steps you can take:
- Go to the Hotel Bill Complaints & Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Tell us the details of your experience and complaint, including how it negatively impacted your stay, and provide photographic evidence if available.
- Enter the details of your reservation, including the check-in/check-out dates and hotel room number.
- Tell us whether this is for a past reservation or you're still at the hotel (this helps us decide whether negotiation or chargeback is a better option for your case).
- Choose whether you want us to contact the front desk or general manager (if you've already tried contacting the front desk already).
Other Hotel Issues DoNotPay Can Help Solve
Do you wish to have your hotel complaints solved? DoNotPay provides a wide range of solving hotel complaints, namely;
- Hotel refund laws
- Choice hotels corporate complaints
- Hilton complaints
- Suing hotels for bed bugs
- Filing a Noise complaint
- Motel 6 hotel complaints
- Sheraton hotel complaints
- Hyatt customer service complaints
Filing complaints about bad hotels has never been this simple! Sign up today and let us file your bad hotel complaints in the most straightforward and faster way possible.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is a global service provider offering a wide range of services, ranging from getting refunds and chargebacks to fighting email spam. Besides filing hotel complaints, DoNotPay can also help you to
- File a complaint against any company
- Sue anyone in a small claims court
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Find lost items
- Get a child travel consent form
- File complaints against neighbors
- Help with airline flight compensations