Do You Have Silverleaf Resort Complaints?
Many people enjoy relaxing at the same resort vacation home every year, so they choose a timeshare, which offers some benefits of a vacation home, but comes with its own set of problems. You may have heard of timeshare resort chains, but did you know that there have been Silverleaf Resort complaints filed by consumers? You may have specific complaints, such as bed bugs or noisy neighbors. Or you may have concerns about the financial structure of Silverleaf.
Silverleaf started as a private company in Texas in 1981, offering comfortable resorts at family-friendly destinations. Over the years, they became a multi-million dollar resort located in several states across the U.S. In 2015, Orange Lake Resorts, which also owns Holiday Inn Club Vacations, acquired Silverleaf. From that point, Silverleaf timeshare owners began to complain of changes in the terms of their agreements, additional fees, and generally poor customer service.
Currently, the Better Business Bureau gives it one star out of five. Signing up for a timeshare is simple, but dealing with the issues that may arise can be extremely frustrating. You expected your vacation time at Silverleaf to be relaxing and enjoyable, but it's not. Let DoNotPay relieve your frustration and anxiety from Silverleaf Resort complaints.
What Is a Timeshare?
A timeshare is a type of vacation property with a shared ownership model. People own a share in the property or have the right to use it during specific times of the year. In many cases, timeshares are smaller units within a larger resort property.
Common Silverleaf Resort Complaints
Most vacation accommodations, whether Motel 6, Choice, or Hilton, have a few unhappy customers. As with all resorts, Silverleaf is the subject of a wide variety of complaints. However, many Silverleaf Resort complaints fall into certain categories.
Not as Described or Advertised
People reasonably expect a clean, safe, well-maintained place. Instead, they may experience sanitation issues, such as dirty pools. There are reports of rooms that are shabby, in need of repairs, and poorly maintained. People also complained of safety and security issues, as well as accessibility problems and other violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Their complaints are often met with discourteous and ineffective customer service.
Misleading Financial Aspects
Customers report that the sales representatives used extreme high-pressure sales tactics to get them to sign. Many stated that salespeople lied or misrepresented the facts. For example, customers reported hidden fees or unexpected fees, some of which continue even if the condo is paid off.
Silverleaf Resort Contact Information
The following information is available on their website:
|Owner Services and Reservations||Phone Number: 800-613-0310
|Financial Services||Phone Number: 800-544-8468
To fill out a contact form - Contact Us
To File a Complaint About Silverleaf Resort on Your Own
For companies with a complex corporate structure, it can be difficult to know who should handle your complaint. As you go through the process of filing a complaint about Silverleaf Resort, be sure to keep notes and copies of all information, in case you need evidence in the future. If you submit a written complaint, write a strong, clear, factual, and unemotional communication. Be persistent and do not expect a quick resolution of your problem. Start with the following steps:
- Review your Silverleaf contract and any relevant documents.
- Contact Silverleaf Resorts or Holiday Inn Club Vacations.
- Explain your complaint in detail and state what relief you request, such as a refund.
- If the representative is not helpful, ask for a manager.
- Keep a record of whom you spoke with and their response. Also, keep copies of any written communications.
- Notify the appropriate regulatory agency, such as the local health department.
- File a complaint with Consumer Reports.
- Contact the Better Business Bureau.
If your efforts do not produce a satisfactory result, you may be forced to sue the hotel. DoNotPay can facilitate this process for you.
Resolve Your Silverleaf Resort Complaints With the Help of DoNotPay
If this whole situation is making you angry, anxious, or frustrated, you can get help by using DoNotPay. They can relieve you of this stressful burden in 5 easy steps:
- Go to the Hotel Bill Complaints & Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Tell us the details of your experience and complaint, including how it negatively impacted your stay, and provide photographic evidence if available.
- Enter the details of your reservation, including the check-in/check-out dates and hotel room number.
- Tell us whether this is for a past reservation or you're still at the hotel (this helps us decide whether negotiation or chargeback is a better option for your case).
- Choose whether you want us to contact the front desk or general manager (if you've already tried contacting the front desk already).
Why Turn to DoNotPay to Solve Your Silverleaf Resort Complaint
Silverleaf Resorts does not have a good reputation for customer service. Therefore, you should probably expect them to evade, stall, or do anything possible to sidestep the problem. DoNotPay is quick, easy to do, and has a track record of success.
Join us today to get the compensation you deserve!