How to Report a Hotel for Unsanitary Conditions
There's nothing worse than paying for a hotel room only to find it dirty. There are several ways to report the hotel for unsanitary conditions, so it can get a little complex. This is especially true when every hotel and resort, whether Hilton or Motel 6, all have their own way of filing and acknowledging complaints.
In some cases, you might decide to take legal action and need to know how to write a formal letter of complaint or if you can sue a hotel for bed bugs. And your complaints deserve to be heard whether you're complaining about noise or poor service.
Luckily, DoNotPay can help by explaining hotel refund laws and helping you make corporate complaints to places like Choice Hotels. Whether the hotel is a Sheraton Hotel or a Hyatt Hotel, DoNotPay believes your complaints need to be taken seriously.
This guide will explain how to contact a hotel's customer service, ask for a refund from a hotel, and how DoNotPay can help you do it easier and with less frustration.
How to File a Complaint about Unsanitary Conditions and Request Compensation
There are various methods for filing a complaint about unsanitary conditions. These include:
File a complaint with the local health department
Consider searching the internet for the contact information of the health department in the city or state in which you are staying.
Contact the Better Business Bureau
Contacting the BBB and leaving a report is an excellent way to make sure the business is dinged for their poor practices.
Share on social media
Whether you’re a Tripadvisor or Yelp user, there’s no better way to help ensure that other travelers aren’t subjected to unsanitary conditions.
|File a complaint on the premises
|Your first step should be to contact the hotel manager, immediately. Describe the state of the room and provide pictures to support your story.
Why It's Hard Filing a Complaint about Unsanitary Hotel Rooms on Your Own
It's difficult to file a complaint against large resorts and hotel chains because they know that you'll get frustrated and give up in most instances. Each method mentioned above has its own set of problems.
- Contacting the hotel manager doesn't always work. Often they don't have any real power.
- You can complain to the local health department, and the hotel may get a citation, but that will not get you the proper compensation.
- You can always complain on Social Media, but most of these complaints are ignored unless you have a considerable following.
- Writing a letter to the Better Business Bureau not only takes a long time but usually gets no response.
There has to be a better way!
How to Sue a Hotel Easily with DoNotPay
If you don't get the attention you deserve, DoNotPay makes it incredibly easy to threaten a hotel with small claims court. Don’t let the big business of hotels ignore you.
How to File a Report about an Unsanitary Hotel Room with the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay can get your complaint the attention it deserves quickly and with no frustration.
How to file a complaint about an unsanitary hotel room using DoNotPay:
If you want to file a complaint about an unsanitary hotel room but don't know where to start, has you covered in 5 easy steps:
- Go to the Hotel Bill Complaints & Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Tell us the details of your experience and complaint, including how it negatively impacted your stay, and provide photographic evidence if available.
- Enter the details of your reservation, including the check-in/check-out dates and hotel room number.
- Tell us whether this is for a past reservation or you're still at the hotel (this helps us decide whether negotiation or chargeback is a better option for your case).
- Choose whether you want us to contact the front desk or general manager (if you've already tried contacting the front desk already).
DoNotPay Works Across Many Entities with the Click of a Button
can help you with a variety of issues such as:
- DoNotPay can help with filing complaints with Hilton the same way it can with Sheraton, Marriott, and Motel 6
- Or it can help you file an ADA complaint in Kentucky the same way it could for California.
- DoNotPay can help contact animal control centers all over the country and in any city.
- It can also help you sue in small claims court for personal injury claims in any town.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Turn to DoNotPay to handle all your day-to-day inconveniences. Here are just a few of the ways we’ve helped our subscribers overcome traffic tickets, recover suspended accounts, and more:
- File official customer service complaints
- We can help you with scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Help you find lost items
- Help you get airline flight compensation.
Get the compensation that you deserve! Use DoNotPay to file a complaint today!