File IHG Holiday Inn Express Complaints and Get Refunded
You saved up money and vacation time, stayed at the IHG Holiday Inn Express, and now you need to file a complaint. You may have tried to resolve the problem, without success. If you want to file an , read on.
InterContinental Hotels Group, known as IHG Hotels & Resorts, is a British multinational hospitality company, with approximately 842,759 guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. Holiday Inn Express is one of their brands. It is a mid-priced hotel chain that largely caters to business travelers and short-term stays. Originally conceived as a no-frills express hotel with limited amenities, the newer properties feature more amenities such as conference rooms and a swimming pool. They are typically found in suburbs and near freeways. According to recent statistics, there are 2,826 Holiday Inn Express hotels featuring over 292,000 rooms worldwide.
With that many locations, you’re bound to have encounters with Holiday Inn Express. Learn more about how to file a complaint on your own or let DoNotPay take care of the problem for you.
Concerns Worth Complaining About
Everyone who travels, whether for business or pleasure, has certain basic expectations. These typically include:
- Clean rooms and bathrooms: This also means there should be no surprises such as bed bugs or other unwelcome insects or rodents.
- Comfortable beds with clean linens and enough pillows.
- Safety: People staying in hotels are away from home, in a strange city, so security is especially important. Hallways should be well-lit and doors and windows should lock securely.
- Amenities: This means different things to different people, but it often means a quiet room, a free selection of coffee and tea, or a pool, if one was promised. Access to food.
- Communication: These days, free, accessible internet service is basic, especially for a business-oriented hotel. People also need sufficient electrical outlets to charge their devices.
- Respectful, responsive customer service.
When these expectations are not met, the disappointed customer needs to file a complaint.
Holiday Inn Express Complaints Contacts
One of the hardest parts of making an effective is locating the right person or entity to complain to. There are many ways to contact Holiday Inn Express regarding a complaint. These include:
- Visit Customer Care
- Call Customer Care at 1-800-621-0555
- Visit Customer Care Contact Form
- Email IHG Rewards Club Customer Care
- Tweet Holiday Inn Express
- Follow InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) Customer Care
- Follow IHG Rewards Club
- Tweet InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
- Watch InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
Other Places to File a Complaint
- Report your complaint to the Better Business Bureau.
- File a complaint with Consumer Reports.
- Notify the appropriate regulatory agency, such as the local health department.
How to File a Complaint With IHG Holiday Inn Express on Your Own
Filing your complaint should be so simple, but often it isn't. You can call, fax, email, fill out a form, and report the issue at the corporate level or on social media. All of these methods take time and often lead to more aggravation for you. Typically, it is best to start with an in-person complaint at the time of your stay.
Do your best to document the problem and keep a record of all conversations with the hotel staff, including names, dates, and what solution was offered.
|A complaint letter allows you to identify the problem and state your purpose in writing the letter. Be as clear, concise, and calm as possible. Include copies of documentation, such as receipts, emails, and pictures. If you need help writing your complaint letter, DoNotPay can help you. Also, if the hotel or resort does not solve your problem to your satisfaction, you can also use DoNotPay's Sue Now to pursue legal action.
Next Steps for Filing a Complaint Against IHG Holiday Inn Express if You Can’t Do It Yourself
Regardless of the purpose of your trip, you look to your hotel to provide a clean, safe, relaxing environment while you are away from home. Trying to solve the problem on your own probably means a series of lengthy phone calls, frustrating emails, or other confrontations which sap your time and energy. However, there is another choice. You can turn to DoNotPay for help. It is an easy and efficient way to make your complaint. DoNotPay can file a complaint on your behalf in 5 quick steps:
- Go to the Hotel Bill Complaints & Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Tell us the details of your experience and complaint, including how it negatively impacted your stay, and provide photographic evidence if available.
- Enter the details of your reservation, including the check-in/check-out dates and hotel room number.
- Tell us whether this is for a past reservation or you're still at the hotel (this helps us decide whether negotiation or chargeback is a better option for your case).
- Choose whether you want us to contact the front desk or general manager (if you've already tried contacting the front desk already).
DoNotPay Works to Resolve Many Types of Complaints
Complaints and issues crop up in all kinds of hotels and resorts, such as Choice Hotels, Sheraton, Hyatt, and Hilton. You may choose to stay someplace familiar, such as a Motel 6, and then find it suddenly does not meet your standards.
Sometimes life feels like one battle after another. You may need help with filing a case in small claims court, a persistent customer service problem, or finding a lost item. Whatever problem may be complicating your life, DoNotPay probably has the solution.