How to Quickly Cancel Your Vodafone Contract Within 14 Days
You just got a contract with , but you aren't happy. Maybe there's a dead zone with no service around your house or the phone isn't as advertised.
Unfortunately, phone companies like to lock you into contracts. Unless you have a pay-as-you-go phone, you need to get your service cancelled and/or transferred to your new provider. DoNotPay can help. We can also help you cancel all kinds of other subscriptions.
What Is Vodafone’s Cancellation Policy?
policy is, sadly, fairly typical of phone services. Here are some salient details.
- You must be the account owner to cancel or get a PAC or STAC code. These are the codes you use to transfer your number (or not) to a new provider. They have specific rules for cancelling the account of somebody who has died.
- If you cancel before your contract is up there will be an early termination fee (ETF). And this isn't a token amount. They will charge you the remaining fees as a lump sum, minus VAT and 2% for "early receipt of payment." It is unclear whether they will waive this fee if the account owner died, but you should still ask.
- Don't cancel the direct debit before cancelling the account. Apparently, people have been doing that to try and, you know, avoid the fees. They will just keep billing you.
- If you request a PAC or STAC they won't cancel your account until you use it. (This is not necessarily a bad thing as it ensures continuity of service).
Oh, and charmingly, they even say on the cancellation policy that you might want to get an upgrade. This is a red flag for cancelling being difficult. Many companies will try to get you to stay by offering a better deal, and while sometimes it is a better deal, they can get extremely persistent.
However, they have a cooling-off period. If you have had the service for 14 days or fewer, U.K. law allows you to cancel without penalty. This is essentially a return period. If you bought a phone or router, you will have to return it to them.
How to Cancel Vodafone Within 14 Days
Here's how to go about cancelling your Vodafone service within 14 days:
- Either call them on 191 from your Vodafone mobile, 033 330 40191 from any other phone or print out the cancellation form and send it to Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN.
- Return any hardware. Anything but broadband routers can be returned, with proof of purchase, to your nearest Vodafone retail store. Broadband routers should be posted to Ingram Micro, Communications House, Vulcan Road North, Norwich NR6 6AQ at your expense. Vodafone does not provide merchandise return labels.
You will get your money back of your cancellation unless you are returning products, in which case it is 14 days after they receive the product. You can also provide them with evidence that you returned the products. Returning to a store is thus the better option if you can. Reimbursement will be made using the same card, with no fees.
However, you may be liable for the "diminished value of the products." This means they may decide to charge you for normal handling of the phone if they think it's damaged. Also, you will not receive a refund for costs of non-standard delivery, such as expedited shipping.
Vodafone Contact Details and Information:
|Website||How to cancel your account and leave Vodafone|
|Contact Us Chat Bot||Get in touch with Vodafone|
|14 Days Cancellation Form||Vodafone Policy Cancel Form PDF|
|Contact Number||191 (From Your Vodafone Mobile)|
|033 330 40191 (Standard Rates Apply)|
Potential Problems When Cancelling Vodafone
Cancelling within 14 days without penalty is a legal right, so if Vodafone gives you any hassle about cancelling your service, you may have legal recourse. You might be able to resolve the situation just by mentioning this. As they reserve the right to charge you for damage to the phone or other equipment, take photos of the phone before returning it, especially if you intend to post it. This can serve as evidence that you did not damage the equipment.
- Customer service agents hanging up on people.
- Cancellations not going through.
- Not being able to talk to a person at all.
Unfortunately, the 14 days cancellation service is typically done over the phone, making it hard to provide evidence you did cancel it.
This is one way in which DoNotPay can help by keeping a good record of your cancellation attempts.
Have DoNotPay Cancel Your Vodafone Subscription Within 14 Days
By having DoNotPay cancel your service for you, you don't have to spend hours on the phone with customer service agents that then hang up on you, or risk posting in a cancellation form, which might get lost. It would be best to get a receipt from the post office.
Instead, just follow these three simple steps:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
DoNotPay makes the entire process super easy.
What Other Subscriptions Can DoNotPay Help Me Cancel?
DoNotPay can help you cancel all kinds of other subscriptions, including:
- Planet Fitness
- CVS Carepass
- Now TV
- Xbox Live
- Virgin Media
- Just Eat
- Beer 52
- BT Sport
If your subscription is not on this list, you may search it on our website.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay was designed to handle all of the tedious things you don't want to do yourself. In addition to cancelling subscriptions, we can help you:
Let our robot lawyer help you avoid spending hours on the phone listening to dreary hold music and, instead, get on with your life.