How to Easily Contact Verizon Customer Service
When you are having with your cell phone and need to contact Verizon customer service, you really don't want to sit around listening to hold music.
Getting through the customer service prompts and on the phone with a real human is annoying at best. When you are having problems with your cell service or ready to order a brand new phone, you really don't want to waste your time sitting around on hold all day. Do you get tired of hearing that there is "higher than normal call volume" every time you call? You are not alone. Hold times for customer service is one of the top complaints from Verizon customers.
Consumers now estimate that they are on hold for an average of 45 minutes to an hour every single time they call Verizon customer service. If they ask to speak to a supervisor, that time usually increases by another hour. Studies show that the average call center has a 13 minute hold time. Human nature makes us start becoming frustrated after about 3 minutes. Verizon does not have an email option, so limited access to their customer service exasperates the problem. Unfortunately, Verizon customer service is rated among the worst in the industry. Fortunately, there is help out there when you absolutely need to contact Verizon customer service.
DoNotPay has come up with a solution to help you escape the long hold times for Verizon customer service. If you are ready to learn how to contact Verizon customer service the easy way, keep reading.
Verizon Support Contact Number and Email
The main number for customer service for Verizon is 1-800-VERIZON.
Other ways to contact Verizon customer care are:
|Customer Service: 1-800-910-4366||Customer service call center hours are:
|Facebook Messenger||Verizon has representatives available through Facebook messenger 24/7. It does not offer email support at this time.|
|You can also access Verizon chat through their residential services support page.|
Where to Find Quick Help with Verizon Issues
Some Verizon issues can be handled without a long phone call to their department. Verizon has a Device Troubleshooting Assistant that can help you with most of your needs. This assistant can be found at https://verizon.com/support/troubleshooting. They supply troubleshooting tips to answer common questions in the form of videos.
Verizon Corporate Address
The Verizon Corporate offices are located in New York. There are two addresses for corporate headquarters:
Verizon New York Corporate Headquarters
1095 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036 USA
Verizon Basking Ridge Operational Headquarters
One Verizon Way
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920 USA
Verizon Executive Team
The Verizon Executive Team is led by:
Common Reasons People Contact Verizon Customer Service
The most common reasons that people contact Verizon are:
- Wanting more information before buying a new phone or another service
- Having issues with current service.
- Billing questions.
- Having issues with products.
- Canceling one of their services.
- Adding a new service.
- Upgrading an existing service
- Canceling their account.
- Transferring service to a new carrier
- Changing your phone number
- Porting in a number to a new service plan.
- Complain about a former customer service issue.
If Verizon refuses to help me, can I sue the company?
If you feel that you've been wronged and Verizon is refusing to own up to their mistake and pay what they owe you, you can sue them in small claims court. Here's how DoNotPay helps with the process:
- DoNotPay generates a demand letter you can send to Verizon to try to settle things out of court.
- If your letter goes unanswered, you will then fill out the court forms. DoNotPay helps you with this and provides you with enough copies.
- After that, you can file an official complaint with the court. DoNotPay will guide you through the process step by step.
- You will then serve Verizon, which will tell them that they are being sued. You should also specify a reason for which you are suing them.
- Finally, show up in court. DoNotPay will provide a script you can use before the judge.
Get In Touch with Verizon with the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay has found a better way to with Verizon Customer Service without having to wait on hold. That's why DoNotPay has developed the Skip Waiting on Hold product. With DoNotPay, you won't have to waste time waiting on hold ever again.
DoNotPay can call any customer service phone number for you and wait on hold in your place. As soon as a support agent takes your call, DoNotPay will notify you, so you can explain the issue and get the answers you're looking for.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to skip Verizon's phone queue:
- Open your web browser and sign up for DoNotPay.
- Type in Skip Waiting on Hold and select the product.
- Search for the company you'd like to call.
- Click on the name of the company and have DoNotPay do the work for you.
That's it. DoNotPay will let you know the instant someone picks up so you can talk to a customer support representative without having to spend a second waiting on hold.
DoNotPay Can Help Resolve Customer Service Issues With Any Company
DoNotPay can help you resolve your customer service issues with any company, such as:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You
DoNotPay can help you solve almost any problems anywhere, across all areas. Here are a few of the things DoNotPay can do for you:
- File a claim in small claims court.
- Get free trials.
- Subscription and membership cancellation.
- Get help with bills.
- File a complaint anywhere.
- Analyze terms of service.
- Get a DMV appointment.
- Find missing money.
- Get chargebacks and refunds.
- Receive airline flight compensation.
To see just how many ways DoNotPay can help you, visit them today at DoNotPay.com and start clicking your way through your to-do list.