Want To Search the Tennessee Sex Offender Registry Fast? We Got You!
Staying safe from sex offenders isn’t easy when you aren’t aware of their whereabouts. That’s why we can help you locate them and provide you with all the info about the Tennessee sex offender registry laws! Sign up for DoNotPay, and search the TN sex offender registry without breaking a sweat!
Under Tennessee sexual offender registration laws, every person convicted of a sex crime needs to place themselves on a sex offender registry. They need to provide identifying info for their physical and online personas, including the following:
- Names or aliases
- Home, work, and school addresses
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
In case any of the above-listed information changes, the offender is obliged to update their registration within 48 hours of the change.
Registered sex offenders in Tennessee are divided into three categories based on the threat they pose. The table below contains details about the categories (tiers) and the severity of offenders’ crimes:
The rules for registering in TN are different for each tier. Check out the list below for details:
- Tier 1 offenders need to register annually (seven days prior to or after their birthday)
- Tier 2 offenders have to register every six months
- Tier 3 offenders must report four times a year (in March, June, September, and December)
Violent sex offenders stay on the registry for life, while other sex offenders can file for termination of registration after ten years.
Consult the table below to see what restrictions TN sex offenders face in detail:
|Residential restrictions||Registered sex offenders in TN aren’t allowed to reside within 1000 feet of the property line of public schools, licensed daycare centers, other child care facilities, public parks, or playgrounds|
|Travel restrictions||TN sex offenders can travel to another state, but they need to register no later than five days upon arrival|
So far, 21,024 people have been registered as sex offenders in Tennessee. Since the passing of Megan’s Law, the information about registered sex offenders has been made public, and everyone has the right to search for sex offenders in their area.
You can search the sex offender registry in TN by doing the following:
- Go to the TN Bureau of Investigation website
- Click on Tennessee Sex Offender Registry Search
- Choose whether you want to search by last name or do a secondary residential search
- Provide the required info
- Click on the Begin Offender Search/Begin Secondary Search
Once you get the search results, you’ll be able to see the offender’s name, addresses, photos, and a description of their offense.
Searching for sex offenders near you using the TN Bureau of Investigation website is a valid option, but you don’t have to bother following confusing instructions!
DoNotPay offers a perfect alternative that will get you a full sex offender report in no time! You can look up a specific person or search your area in a one, two, or three-mile radius for sex offenders located there. All you need to do to get started is:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay
- Pick the Sex Offender Search feature
- Say whether you’re looking for a specific offender or a list of all the registered ones nearby
- Enter the proximity you want to check, and tell us whether you want to enroll in the weekly check option
DoNotPay will conduct a sex offender search, find all the registered sex offenders near your address, and keep you in the loop with weekly reports.
You can share the information you find during your sex offender registry search, but you have to be careful how you share it.
You cannot inflict retribution or additional punishment on offenders. Acts like harassment, stalking, or threats against offenders or their family members are strictly prohibited and can violate Tennessee criminal and civil laws.
If you want to inform your loved ones about the offenders in an attempt to keep them safe, you can tell them what you’ve found. Make sure to inform them about the consequences of the above-listed prohibited acts as well.
If you discovered that there is a registered sex offender in your vicinity, you’re probably worried. The good news is that you can take precautions to keep yourself and your loved ones safe! Here are some helpful tips on what to do in such scenarios:
- Have a safety plan in place—A well-thought-out plan can prove quite beneficial in case you run into a sex offender. Think about whom to call, where to find the nearest exit, and what to do in case the offender approaches you
- Inform your family—Tell your loved ones about the sex offender and explain what precautions they could take in case they run into them
- Voice your concerns to a police officer—It’s important to inform the authorities if you notice any suspicious activity since it can help prevent future offenses
Tedious administrative tasks are always headache-inducing, but they don’t have to be if you use DoNotPay. With our AI-powered app, you will be able to:
- File insurance and warranty claims easily
- Get compensation from airline companies
- Appeal parking tickets anywhere in the U.S.
- Get refunds and chargebacks from various companies
- Schedule appointments at the DMV
- File FOIA requests
- Fight discrimination at your workplace
DoNotPay is an AI assistant that is able to solve almost all issues you’re facing. Whether that be your noisy neighbors, the annoying text and email spam you’re receiving, or the frustrating robocalls that won’t leave you alone. We’ll even cancel your unneeded subscriptions and get you a few extra bucks you’ve been cheated out of.
The world’s first robot lawyer app can help you get:
- Compensation if you’re a victim of crime
- In touch with your locked-up relatives
- Your documents notarized from the comfort of your home
- A temporary phone number to ensure your privacy
- Unclaimed money
- College fee waivers
- Virtual credit cards for avoiding scams
- Tailor-made divorce settlement agreements