Try SketchUp Free Trial Without Risking Your Money
SketchUp is a computer program for 3D modeling applicable in architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, engineering, film, and video game design. It was developed in 2000 by a startup company Last Software and soon bought by Google. SketchUp is now owned by Trimble Inc.
There are three versions of SketchUp software currently available as subscription-based purchases for Windows and macOS:
- SketchUp Shop
- SketchUp Pro
- SketchUp Studio
Trimble offers SketchUp Free as a web-only service for personal use and a chance to try SketchUp Studio for free.
What You Need To Know About the SketchUp Pro Free Trial
SketchUp free trial can be a bit confusing at first because it’s advertised as SketchUp Studio, but you will need to download SketchUp Pro to use it. SketchUp Studio includes everything that the Pro package offers, but with access to the building performance analysis software, Sefaira.
SketchUp free trial lasts for 30 days from the moment you sign up. During that period, you will have a chance to check out features like:
- Trimble Connect for Business subscription
- Desktop applications such as SketchUp Pro for Desktop, LayOut, and Style Builder
- Augmented reality viewing on SketchUp Viewer for iOS and Android
- Viewing on the following Mixed Reality (XR) applications: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Hololens, and HP Windows Mixed Reality
- Access to the premium, web-based online modeler SketchUp Shop
You can check which software is available for use during your free trial on My Apps page in your Trimble account.
Before You Download the SketchUp Pro Trial Version
3D modeling programs usually need machines with strong specifications, especially if you plan to use them for business. You won’t be able to use the SketchUp free trial unless your computer meets the minimum system requirements listed in the table below:
Even though SketchUp will run on computers with these configurations, it is advised to try it on computers that meet the recommended hardware and software requirements for the best experience. You can check the list of recommended specifications for Windows and macOS on the Hardware and Software Requirements page.
How To Start the SketchUp Free Trial
Getting your hands on SketchUp free of charge for 30 days involves the following steps:
- Open SketchUp’s homepage in any web browser
- Click on Try SketchUp in the upper right corner
- Select the option that best describes your needs from the I use SketchUp for drop-down menu
- Log in or create your Trimble account
- Download the SketchUp Pro installation file
- Open the folder with downloaded files and install the program
- Start SketchUp on your computer and log in to your Trimble account when prompted
- Hit Begin Trial
Will I Be Charged After the SketchUp Free Trial Expires?
Since you’re not requested to leave payment information when starting a free trial, SketchUp won’t automatically charge you upon expiration. After the initial 30-day period, you will be locked out of the SketchUp Pro desktop app, but you will be able to continue using SketchUp Free on the web.
All of your files created in SketchUp Pro during the free trial will be available afterward, but they will contain the SketchUp Free watermark, like other SketchUp Free files.
How Much Does SketchUp Cost After the Free Trial?
It is still possible to buy the SketchUp Classic license as a one-time purchase for $695 which allows access to the basic 3D modeler for desktop. After November 4, 2020, SketchUp will turn to recurring subscriptions only. The available plans are listed below:
If you need more than ten licenses for your business, you’re encouraged to contact their sales department and negotiate better pricing.
While there’s no special SketchUp student free trial, you can still benefit from your status. All the U.S. and Canada-based students and educators in higher education institutions can get SketchUp Studio for $55 per year. They have to provide adequate proof of academic engagement before acquiring the license.
SketchUp for Schools is available for free with a G Suite or Microsoft education account, and it’s designed for primary and secondary school students.
Can I Get a Refund for My SketchUp Paid Subscription?
If you subscribe to one of the available SketchUp plans after the free trial expires, you will be entitled to a full refund in case you change your mind and decide to cancel your subscription. You have 14 days to submit your refund request after the purchase date by contacting customer support.
Refund requests submitted after 14 days will not be honored for subscription cancellations. You will be able to turn off the auto-renewal in your account and use SketchUp for the remainder of your subscription period.
Avoid Automatic Subscriptions After Free Trials With DoNotPay
SketchUp doesn’t ask you for credit card details if you want to try their software, but many other companies do. Anyone who subscribed to Netflix knows that those 30 days of free streaming can be started only by presenting payment information upfront.
That might not be a problem if you set up a bunch of reminders for each service you want to try out and then cancel the free trials one by one, but who has the time and energy for that? With DoNotPay’s Free Trial Card, elaborate reminder systems won’t be necessary at all.
Whenever a company asks you to put down your credit card number to access their free trial, you can turn to our app and generate a virtual credit card with a valid 16-digit number, expiration date, and CVV code. Unless there are authorization holds, our card will work like a charm.
When the trial ends and the company tries to charge you for the first term of service, they will hit a wall since the Free Trial Card is not connected to any bank accounts. Your account will be terminated without consequences even if you forget about it.
Your virtual credit card awaits when you sign up for DoNotPay in a .
DoNotPay Is a Real Champion of Customer Advocacy
Did you know that DoNotPay’s virtual credit cards can be used to fight robocalls, spam emails, and unsolicited text messages? There’s so much more that the world’s first robot lawyer can assist you with.
Wondering how to go about requesting compensation for an overbooked flight? Your plans fell through and now you need to ask for a refund from Expedia? We will guide you through the process step by step.
Create your DoNotPay account and have all these solutions at your fingertips:
- Taking care of annoying spam mail
- Handling speeding tickets
- Appealing parking tickets
- Dealing with traffic tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Canceling various memberships and subscriptions
- Getting appointments at the DMV in an instant
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Solving credit card issues
- Demanding compensation and refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Managing bills you are unable to pay
- Skipping the queue when you're calling customer support representatives
- Serving payback to robocalls
- Requesting refunds or chargebacks from companies
- Stopping spam text messages
- Applying for clinical trials
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
- Filing a claim for any warranty
- Waiving college application fees
DoNotPay can be accessed from any .