Get a New York Fake Phone Number With a DoNotPay Burner Phone Number
These days, tons of apps require phone number verification, but there are only so many numbers to go around. Whether you're trying to create multiple accounts for the same service or just don't want to give out your number to a site you don't fully trust, you need a reliable way to get around this problem. Lucky for you, DoNotPay has the perfect solution - a fake phone number. New York fake phone numbers are an excellent way to keep yourself secure in the Big Apple.
Why Do People Use Fake Phone Numbers in New York?
There are a lot of services out there that want your number before they let you use them. It's a frustrating process for many reasons, so more and more people are turning to burner phones and fake phone number apps to get around this.
Once again, causes vary, but some of the more common examples include:
- Dating Apps - Harassment is sometimes a big problem on these apps (especially somewhere as wacky as New York), so a fake number means you can easily ignore someone without tying your actual phone back to you.
- Other Apps - We've seen firsthand how companies use our data, as well as how irresponsible they are with it. Keeping your real information a secret protects you from spam, robocalls, and data breaches.
- Vacations - When you're on vacation, there might come a time when you need to give out your number for things like signing up for a tour, as a way to get a discount on something, or just to be polite to someone you’ve met but rather not stay in contact with. By keeping a fake phone number with you in New York while on vacation, you can avoid being stuck with all of this back home.
- Privacy - Sometimes, you don't need a particular reason; you just want your , and you deserve it.
Why Do Companies Ask For Phone Verification in New York?
Companies have a lot of reasons for asking for your phone number. For starters, it gives them more data to collect and sell to other people. Beyond that, there are a few significant points for collecting phone numbers, like:
- Phone numbers help verify you're not a bot and can be used to verify your identity.
- Phone numbers are an easy method of account recovery.
- If someone from the company needs to contact you, they can contact you over the phone.
No matter how altruistic a company may seem when collecting your information, many don't have the necessary security features to prevent spammers or other unscrupulous people from using your number for something terrible. Depending on the app or site in question, the risks of giving them your actual phone number might heavily outweigh the rewards.
How Else Can You Avoid Phone Verification With a Fake Phone Number in New York?
When it comes to avoiding phone verification in , people usually take one of a few common solutions. None are perfect, and all come up short in some capacity. Here are some of the options to avoid phone verification:
|Buying an actual burner phone is one way to avoid using your number for verification, but it isn't perfect. While it's easy enough to head down to Walmart and snag a prepaid cell phone, expect to pay upwards of $50 for the privilege. One phone only means one number, too, so you might need multiple phones in some cases. Not only that, but you're also left carrying around another piece of technology that can get lost, stolen, or broken.
|Free Fake Numbers Online
|If you Google something like "fake phone numbers," you'll probably find results. However, there's no guarantee these results will be good. For every working number you can find, at least a dozen more are straight-up busted.
|Unlike one of the fake numbers you find in a random search, Google Voice does provide you with an actual, working phone number. That doesn't mean there aren't still complications, though. For one, you need a Google account to use it, which means you're inadvertently still showing your personal information wherever you're using this number. For another, certain sites block Google Voice numbers just like other online phones.
|A Friend's Phone
|Similar to a burner, just using someone else's phone will get the job done without hassle. When you think about it, however, it's a pretty bad plan. If you're going through all this trouble to avoid using your phone number to sign up for something, why would your friend let someone use theirs instead?
Potential Issues With a Fake Phone Number in New York
There are other potential problems with more traditional fake phone number techniques.
- Many popular websites, Twitter being one of them, have filters that ban most fake numbers.
- Your fake number might not work, and you can't get the verification code.
- If you're using a backup phone, you're dependent on having that phone with you (which means you can't let it get lost or stolen, both common occurrences in New York).
DoNotPay built our temporary phone number app with these considerations in mind, which is why we're the best in the business for bypassing pesky phone number verification.
DoNotPay Can Help You Sign Up for Anything You Need in New York With a Fake Phone Number
Start using a fake phone number in New York today with these five easy steps:
- Open the DoNotPay Burner Phone app or visit the DoNotPay website.
- Choose what you want to use a phone number for.
- Click the "create phone number" option to generate a working disposable phone number.
- Use the number you created with the service like any other, then wait for your verification code or confirmation.
- Input the verification code you just got. It's that simple!
Be aware, however, that every number generated by DoNotPay's service is one-time-use. That means you've only got 10 minutes to use your number before it goes away. You can still generate other numbers without issue, but each one is under the same restriction.
Try a Virtual Credit Card for Extra Security
Even more important than your phone number is your credit card number. Don't put your finances at risk, especially if you're out and about in New York for work or a vacation. Instead, check out DoNotPay's virtual credit card service. With this, you can pay for things without revealing your actual credit card number to merchants. It's also great for trying out subscription services since it acts as an extra buffer against forgetting to end those free trial periods before you get charged.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay has a ton of services that can help you out when you're in a pinch. Here's just a sample of what we offer:
- Canceling subscription services
- Finding unclaimed money in your name
- Getting back at robocalls
- Making it easier to contact customer service
- Fighting parking tickets
- Scheduling a DMV appointment
- Protecting yourself from stalkers
- Applying for clinical trials