A Step-By-Step Guide to Requesting a MetroPCS Refund (Metro by T-Mobile Refund)
MetroPCS is the former name of the Metro by T-Mobile company—one of America’s largest and most popular prepaid wireless service providers. The company offers various smartphone models and four prepaid data plans.
If the device you purchased from Metro by T-Mobile hasn’t met your expectations, you will want to know how to request a refund. Continue reading this article to find out the details about the MetroPCS refund policy and how to get your money back.
How to Request MetroPCS Refunds on Your Own
It’s possible to request your MetroPCS refund in a few ways:
Can You Request a Refund Via
|Yes / No|
How to Return a Device and Get a Refund Through Metro by T-Mobile?
You can return your device to the Metro by T-Mobile store in two ways:
- Bring the product to the store you bought it from
- Send the device by mail if you purchased it online
If you’re going to the store to return the device, make sure to bring the original packaging and accessories included, as well as the payment receipt. The device, packaging, and accessories need to be in “like new” condition.
Did you purchase a MetroPCS device online, and now you have to send it back via mail? Make sure the product is in the original packaging and that you include the return shipping label provided by the company so that you don’t have to pay for the shipping.
Address the package to:
MPCS OLS Returns
1401 Lakeway Drive
Lewisville, TX 75057
A Less Stressful Way of Requesting a MetroPCS Refund Is With DoNotPay
In search of a fast and easy solution to requesting your MetroPCS refund? Rely on DoNotPay’s help and do the following:
- Open your DoNotPay account from a web browser or your iOS device
- Go to the “Chargeback Instantly” option
- Click “Get Protected”
- Verify your account info
- Respond to all of the questions
- Insert “Metro by T-Mobile” as the name of the merchant
- Click on “Submit”
After you confirm your request, DoNotPay will:
- Fax the request to your bank automatically
- Send a letter that contains Visa or Mastercard codes
- Contact the merchant to create evidence, as requested by the Fair Credit Billing Act
Key Details to Know About the MetroPCS Return and Refund Policy
Once you receive a device or accessory that you’re not satisfied with, you can return it and request a refund if:
- You return it in the first seven days from purchase for store-bought products, or within 30 days of purchase for products bought online
- The reason for returning is outside of warranty issues
- The device has less than one hour of talk time or 200MB of data usage
It’s important that the device is in “like new” condition and that you return it in the original packaging with the payment receipt.
Your service bill is non-refundable. Even if you decide to cancel the Metro by T-Mobile service at the beginning of the billing period, you won’t get a refund.
The “Bring your own device” program is not eligible for a refund.
Avoid Wasting Your Money—Cancel MetroPCS With DoNotPay
Since Metro by T-Mobile services are non-refundable, you can cancel MetroPCS easily with DoNotPay and save money. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open your DoNotPay account from a web browser or an iOS device
- Click “Find Hidden Money”
- Enter “Metro by T-Mobile”
You’ll be notified as soon as we cancel.
Cancel a lot of different services with our help, including:
How to Check My Metro by T-Mobile Refund Request Status?
If you returned your device by mail, you can check your MetroPCS refund status by contacting their customer support at 1-888-8metro8.
Need help navigating the phone tree? DoNotPay will assist you in getting in touch with Metro by T-Mobile’s customer service agents in no time. We will hold the line and let you know as soon as one of the representatives picks up the phone.
Requesting a MetroPCS Refund Isn’t Always Easy—Here Are Some Issues You Might Encounter
The most frequent problem that customers have with Metro by T-Mobile is the fact that they request the original packaging and the receipt to issue a refund. That’s why you should save everything that comes with the device until you determine that there’s nothing wrong with the product and that you won’t have to return it.
When it comes to the prepaid services and rate plans, the Metro by T-Mobile company has the right to change the prices in the middle of your contract, but they will have to notify you at least ten days prior to the changes. It means that, if you want to terminate your service because you’re not happy with the changes, you will have only ten days from being notified to do so. In case you don’t inform them during that period, the company will suppose that you accept the changes. You won’t be eligible for a refund afterward.
How Long Will I Wait for My MetroPCS Refund?
You’ll receive your refund right away when you bring the device to the store. If you send it by mail, you’ll be credited a refund once the package arrives at the destination, and the company decides that your request is legit.
Pay Your MetroPCS Bill With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can also help by offering a variety of solutions to paying your bills. If you want to take advantage of this practical feature and learn how to pay your MetroPCS bills, open your DoNotPay account on the iOS app, and do the following:
- Enter “MetroPCS bills”
- Provide us with your personal info—name, email, phone, home address, etc.
- Tell us how we can help
Double-check all of the details you provide so that the entire process is as fast as possible.
Did Metro by T-Mobile Do You Dirty? Sue Them With DoNotPay
Do you feel like the MetroPCS company has wronged you or rejected to issue a refund even if you deserved it? Allow us to help you sue them in small claims court.
You’ll be asked a series of questions regarding your case and the compensation you expect. Once we establish that your case is eligible for small claims court, we will assist you in:
- Composing an ideal demand letter
- Completing all the forms
- Collecting the necessary documentation
- Writing your court statement
Even though we can help with the majority of steps, you will have to go and file the complaint by yourself. You will also need to appear in court to state your case. DoNotPay’s instructions will be of great help, and you’ll know what to do or say according to every outcome.
When Everyday Issues Are Too Complicated to Solve, Rely on DoNotPay
Imagine taking care of all your administrative issues in a matter of minutes and hassle-free. Sounds wonderful, right? DoNotPay can make it possible! Log in to your account either from a web browser or the iOS app and count on your robot lawyer to assist you in:
- Setting up DMV appointments
- Dealing with credit card problems
- Getting refunds from any company
- Unsubscribing from memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Signing up for free trials without being billed
- Contesting parking tickets
- Calling customer service reps and navigating the phone tree
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Stopping spam mail for good
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Getting refunds and compensation from airlines
- Dealing with unpaid bills
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment