Hang Up on Bad Deals—Cancel MetroPCS/Metro by T-Mobile With DoNotPay!
Metro by T-Mobile, formerly known as MetroPCS, is a prepaid cell phone service offering a variety of phones and prepaid plans.
With Metro by T-Mobile, you can get a new device combined with phone plans that must be paid in advance. If you are not happy with your device and service, we can help you cancel it quickly.
Cancel Your MetroPCS/Metro by T-Mobile Account With DoNotPay!
DoNotPay is a virtual assistant app that can help you cancel your Metro by T-mobile account without having to spend hours on the phone with customer service.
Here is how to cancel MetroPCS:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Click on Find Hidden Money
- Enter Metro by T-Mobile as the name of the subscription service
DoNotPay will send you a notification when we cancel your account.
We can also help out if you tend to forget about your subscriptions until you see the charges on your credit card. Connect your email or bank account to our app, and we will find all services that you signed up for. You can then use the app to unsubscribe from the unnecessary ones.
Alternative Methods of Canceling Metro by T-Mobile
You can cancel your Metro by T-Mobile using a few different methods. Take note that regardless of which method you use, you may need to return your device as well.
Can You Cancel With
|Yes / No|
Your Payment Method
Canceling MetroPCS by Not Paying Your Bills
You are not under contract as this is a prepaid service, so to cancel your subscription you only need to stop paying for it.
Some factors to consider are:
- You still need to return the device if it’s eligible for a refund
- If you have Auto-Pay enabled, you need to cancel it first
Canceling MetroPCS by Visiting Your Local T-Mobile Store
If you purchased your device and plan in a T-Mobile store, you need to cancel the package the same way. When visiting your local store make sure to bring:
- The payment receipt
- The device in its original packaging
- All accessories that were included when you made the purchase
Canceling MetroPCS Over the Phone
If you are not sure whether you need to return the device and where, whether you are eligible for a refund, or if your Auto-Payment option is turned on, you could call T-Mobile and process your cancellation over the phone.
You should also use this option if you want to keep your T-Mobile phone number and port it to a new carrier. To cancel the MetroPCS service over the phone, call 1 -888-863-8768.
Can I Get a Refund if I Cancel MetroPCS?
You cannot get your money back for the monthly payments. You sign up as a month-to-month user and pay in advance. Once you stop paying, there are no refunds available.
You also cannot get a refund if you have Auto-Payment turned on and T-Mobile charges you for another month before you cancel the service.
If you purchase a device together with your plan, you may be eligible for a refund for the device. Some factors you should take note of are:
- If you purchased a device in a store, you have to return it within seven days of purchase to the same store
- If you purchased your device online, you have thirty days from the purchase to send the device to the Returns Center per the instructions included in the shipping package
- The device has to be in “like-new condition”
- You have to return the device in its original packaging
- You need to provide the payment receipt
- The device must have less than one hour of talk time and/or 200MB of data usage
If the process of getting your money back for this purchase seems overwhelming, DoNotPay can help you get a MetroPCS refund in no time.
Does Metro by T-Mobile Auto-Renew?
The subscription doesn’t renew since you are paying in advance. Your card may get charged automatically if you have an Auto-Pay option turned on. Auto-Pay can be switched on or off from Your Account settings.
How Will MetroPCS/Metro by T-Mobile Charges Look Like on a Credit Card Statement?
Here are some examples of the charges:
|METROPCS TEL 888-863-8768 WA||METROPCS WEB 888-863-8768 WA||METROPCS IVR 888-863-8768 WA|
|METROPCS TEXT2PAY 888-863-8768 WA||METROPCS MOBILE 888-863-8768 WA||METROPCS 888-863-8768 TX|
|DEBIT CARD PURCHASE – METROPCS WEB xxx-xxx-8768 WA||METROPCS MOBILE WEB||METROPCS AUTO PAY|
|METROPCS WEB XXX-XXX-8768 WA||METROPCS AUTO PAY 888-863-8768 WA||Debit Purchase -visa Metropcs Mobile 888-863-8768wa|
|METROPCS AUTOPAY||METROPCS MOBILE||METROPCS MOBILE 888-863-8768WA|
|METROPCS WEB||METROPCS MOBILE WEB 425-383-6529 WA||METROPCS MOBILE WEB 888-863-8768 WA|
All Money-Saving Tricks Up DoNotPay’s Sleeve!
With DoNotPay, you can save time and money in numerous ways.
Check out other amazing options DoNotPay has to offer by opening the app in your web browser.
Some of the tasks we can help you tackle are:
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Dropping other subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Avoiding the phone queue when calling customer service
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Booking a DMV appointment
- Securing compensation and refunds from airlines
- Handling credit card issues
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with challenging bills
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds for poor shopping choices
- Stopping spam
- Signing up for free trials without risk