Find Out What the Best Inmate Call App Is and Contact Your Loved One in Prison
Apps for calling inmates would make communication easier for both the incarcerated people and the ones contacting them from the outside, but they are yet to be perfected. Because inmates are the ones who can make calls, the easiest way to schedule a call is to write a letter. This way, everything will be on paper, and the chances that anyone forgets about the call will be slim.
How To Talk to Inmates for Free—Contacting Inmates by Yourself
Unfortunately, there’s no way of making a free phone call, and this includes inmate calling. The three ways of talking to your loved one on the phone are via:
- Collect call option
- Inmate debit call option
- Prepaid telephone account
You can receive collect calls only to your landline, and they cost approximately 25 cents a minute. Before you start chatting, you will be asked whether you want to receive a collect call from jail. If you accept, the call will be charged to your monthly phone bill.
Inmate Debit Calls
With debit calling, inmates have control over who they call, as long as the numbers are approved by the facility. They can buy credit from the commissary and use it to call family and friends.
A prepaid account enables you to control your loved one’s calls. When you set up a prepaid account, you need to choose a number to which the inmate can make phone calls. It can be your cell, landline, or work number.
What’s the Best Inmate Call App?
Apps for getting in touch with prisoners revolutionize communication between inmates and the ones waiting for them outside. You can now use your smartphone to send messages and photos to your loved ones in prison. With today’s technology, you can even have video visitations if your inmate’s correctional facility allows them.
It seems that any kind of contact with the outside world works wonders for the rehabilitation of prisoners. These apps—developed by ex-convicts—serve their purpose by making people behind bars feel less lonely. Here are some of the apps you can download to your smartphone or use online:
|Pigeonly||Start at $14.99/month||
|Flikshop||Start at $0.79/photo||
|InmateAid||Start at $0.06/minute||
What’s the Best Prison Connect Service?
There are a variety of communications services that enable inmates to contact their loved ones on the outside. The most popular services for receiving phone calls from prisoners are:
You Can Have Inmate Video Calls With ICSolutions
ICSolutions offers a variety of products for contacting inmates. You can even schedule a video visitation if the correctional facility’s rules and regulations allow it. With ICSolutions, you can get both a prepaid and debit telephone account.
Cheap Phone Calls for Inmates With Securus Technologies
Securus interstate prepaid and debit calling rate is $0.21. With this service provider, you can purchase the following products:
- Advance Connect—With this option, you can control how much you spend on inmate calling
- Inmate Debit—This option allows you to deposit funds to your inmate’s account. They can use the funds to buy credit for the calls
- Direct Bill—Your account will be charged monthly if you opt for this option.
Global Tel Link Lets You Leave Voicemails to Your Loved ones
It may not be possible for you to call an inmate, but they can still hear your voice. Global Tel Link (GTL) lets you leave a voicemail that can give hope and support to your imprisoned friend or family member. Keep in mind that prison officials listen to your voice messages, so be careful not to incriminate your loved one—anything you say can be used against them in court.
DoNotPay Will Help You Get in Touch With Inmates
Getting in touch with your loved ones in prison isn’t easy. You have no way of calling them—the only way to have a voice or video call with them is to receive one. You can write them a letter and schedule your next call or video visitation. If you don’t know where the inmate is located—don’t worry—DoNotPay will find them.
With DoNotPay’s Connect With an Inmate feature, you won’t have to go through the trouble of queuing at the post office. We will make sure your incarcerated loved one gets your personalized letter even if you don’t know their prisoner ID.
- Send a digitized version of your letter
- Find the inmate for you
Sending a Letter to Your Inmate With DoNotPay
DoNotPay enables you to personalize your letter—you can choose from various styles like birthday, holiday, seasonal, and more. To create your letter, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your DoNotPay account in any web browser
- Tap on Connect With an Inmate
- Select the Send a Personalized Letter option
- Enter the required information—inmate’s name, correctional facility, prisoner ID, etc.
- Write the letter
- Hit Enter
You can opt for another DoNotPay feature—Virtual Mailbox—if you want to receive the inmate’s response through our app.
Locate Your Incarcerated Loved One With the Help of DoNotPay
Aside from helping you create perfect letters of encouragement for inmates, DoNotPay can also assist you in locating them. Don’t worry if you don’t know where your loved one is—follow these simple steps to find them:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account
- Click on Connect With an Inmate
- Select the Locate Someone option
- Type in the prisoner’s full name
- Provide the rest of the required information
- Tap on Proceed
In under five minutes, you’ll find your loved one and be able to write them a letter and schedule a phone call.
Free Yourself From Administrative Chores With the Help of DoNotPay
Sending books or pictures to inmates can be complicated, especially if you’re not familiar with inmate mail rules and regulations, but DoNotPay has a variety of useful articles that will help you learn everything there is to know.
Apart from helping you get in touch with inmates, DoNotPay has an array of features created to make your life easier. Get access to them all by opening DoNotPay in any web browser.
DoNotPay enables you to:
- Apply for various clinical trials
- Fight speeding citations
- Contact your friends or family in prison
- Find your missing money
- Postpone bills you’re unable to pay
- Protect yourself from copyright infringement
- Keep your inbox spick and span from spam emails
- Fill out and file claims in small claims court
- Dispute parking citations in any city
- Report stalking and harassment
- Cancel any subscription or membership
- Make a DMV appointment in the blink of an eye
- Use burner phones to bypass verification
- Request a refund from any company
- Get in touch with a customer service agent quickly
- Sign up for a variety of free trials without leaving credit card info
- Report robocalls and get compensation
- Get refunds or compensation from airline companies
- Block spam text messages and report illegal ones
- Appeal traffic citations
- Deal with your credit card problems