Disassembling the IKEA Refund Policy
IKEA is a combo of modern furniture and low prices. This multinational company introduces over 2000 new products each year, and they range from furniture items, home accessories, kitchen appliances, and gadgets.
The furniture is generally sold in a flat-packed form, ready to be assembled by the buyer.
IKEA’s unique one-way system, created to lead the customer through the store in a natural way, is also an excellent method to help you notice a bunch of stuff you may want to buy.
If you went overboard with a purchase and the items are not as fantastic as you thought, keep reading to learn how to return it and get a refund fast.
Understanding the IKEA USA Refund Policy
In case you are not happy with your IKEA item, the company offers a 365-day return policy. You can return even the products you assembled and request a refund for them. Returned or damaged products are also eligible for a refund or an exchange.
IKEA has generous practices when it comes to refunds, and here are some of the conditions to qualify for one:
- The product has to be unused
- The returned item has to be in a resellable condition (cannot be dirty, stained, damaged by you, or abused)
- The item should be returned with its original packaging
If one of the criteria above is not fully met, the company may refuse to issue you a refund. You may be offered an exchange or a store credit instead.
If your refund request is approved, the funds will be sent to the original payment method.
What Is IKEA Mattress Refund Policy?
If you bought a mattress and you are not satisfied, you can exchange it for another one within 365 days from the purchase date. There are no refunds available for mattress returns.
What Is IKEA Refund Policy for No-Receipt Returns?
According to the IKEA refund policy, you need to provide your receipt to return a product and be eligible for a refund.
IKEA is known to be flexible and might provide assistance in case you don’t have your receipt.
You could ask IKEA employees to locate your purchase using your credit card or an order number.
If those are not applicable, you may be allowed to return an item and get store credit for the lowest selling price within the past 365 calendar days.
What Is IKEA Recall Refund?
Sometimes, IKEA products get recalled because they pose a danger to the customers. In case the item you purchased is listed on the Product Recalls page, you might be entitled to the IKEA recall refund.
Can I Get an IKEA Delivery Refund?
No, unfortunately, delivery fees are not refundable.
Possible Methods To Get an IKEA Refund
Here are the common tactics to get a refund from IKEA
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
Get an IKEA Refund in Your Local Store
In case your item is damaged, has missing parts, or you are not happy with it, you can return it to your local IKEA store.
Take note to bring:
- A valid photo ID
- Receipt, order confirmation, or other proof of purchase
- Your item and its packaging
To find the closest IKEA store, go to the company’s website and click on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner. Search for the Find Your IKEA store option in the menu and click on it. You can search by location on the page that loads.
Get an IKEA Refund Over the Phone
Another option is to contact IKEA agents over the phone. You can call them at 1-888-888-4532. Make sure to have your order confirmation and item details prepared.
Get an IKEA Refund Via Contact Form
You can access the online form on the IKEA website, but this option is not always available, so you should not count on it.
Follow these steps to get the form:
- Go to the IKEA website
- Scroll down until you reach the footer
- Look for the Help column
- Click on the Contact us link
- Click on the Email button
- Select the Order Cancellation form on the next page
- Fill in your first name, last name, phone number, and address
- Enter your order number
- Type in that you want a refund and describe the damage in the Reason for Cancellation field
- Click on the Submit button
You will get an email from IKEA, in which you might be asked to provide proof of purchase.
How To Get an IKEA Refund With DoNotPay
DoNotPay is a virtual assistant app created to help you get your IKEA refund easier. You still need to return your items, but in case the company fails to issue you a refund, you can file for a chargeback with your bank.
A chargeback is done by excluding the merchant from the process, allowing you to dispute a transaction on your credit card.
Here is how DoNotPay can help you get your money back from IKEA:
- Access DoNotPay from your web browser
- Click on the Chargeback Instantly feature
- Give your bank credentials to our chatbot
- Type in IKEA as the name of the merchant
Keep up with the chatbot’s instructions to finish the process and receive crucial Visa and Mastercard codes to support your case. DoNotPay will help by faxing a dispute letter to your bank and contacting IKEA to request a refund.
Take note that the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA) sets the 60-day deadline to dispute credit card charges, and the rule applies to any transaction over $50. If any other company has cut you short, use the 60-day window to get your money back on time with our app.
Here are some popular companies you can request a refund from with DoNotPay:
What’s IKEA Refund Time?
If you return the item to your local store, your refund will be issued immediately.
In case you use another method, it will take from three to ten business days for your refund request to be processed. In either case, refunds are issued to the original payment methods, which means that the waiting time also depends on your bank.
How Do I Check the Status of My IKEA Refund Request?
Depending on the method you choose to return the item and ask for a refund, there are several options to check the status of your request.
- For in-store returns—You will know if you are eligible for a refund immediately. If you paid with your credit card, check with your bank about upcoming payments
- For other methods—You can check your email or the My order page on the IKEA website
Explore Other DoNotPay’s Features
DoNotPay can help you work through various daily challenges.
Open DoNotPay in your web browser and check out how we can help you with:
- Appealing parking tickets
- Managing challenging bills
- Stopping stalking and harassment
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Signing up for free trials with no risk
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Fighting email spam
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Contacting customer service reps faster
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Scheduling a DMV appointment anywhere
- Dealing with credit card problems
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Safeguarding your work against copyright infringement
- Blocking spam text messages
- Requesting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Getting revenge on robocall scammers
- Applying for clinical trials