Learn How To Reach IKEA Customer Service With Zero Effort!
IKEA is a Swedish furniture retailer and one of the world’s largest ones, with stores in 54 countries worldwide. It offers three product categories (Furniture, Lighting & Home décor, and Kitchen Appliances). In 2015, IKEA’s revenue stood at 1.3 trillion SEK ($137 billion).
Since the first IKEA store was opened in Kungens Kurva, Sweden, in 1943, it has become one of the world’s largest furniture retailers.
IKEA was founded by Ingvar Kamprad. It employs over 200,000 people in countries around the world. It’s known for its modern and affordable Scandinavian-inspired designs. The company has been operating for over 70 years, and it makes more than 10,000 products, including sofas, lamps, rugs, desks, armchairs, and more.
Customers often complain that the furniture and items they buy at IKEA are difficult to put together and that the instructions they receive are unclear. If you made a purchase at IKEA and you aren’t satisfied with the products or you have other questions, getting in touch with IKEA customer service should be your next step. A customer service rep can explain how to put the furniture together and provide you with other info you may need.
Reaching customer service, in general, can be challenging and time-consuming. That’s where we jump in!
To make contacting IKEA—and any other—customer service department a smooth-sailing experience, we developed a product that helps you skip the phone queue whenever you want to! All you need to do is sign up for DoNotPay and use our Skip Waiting on Hold product to reach IKEA customer service in a snap!
You can avoid dealing with unresponsive support reps by checking IKEA’s website first. Chances are you’ll find the info you need that way and resolve the issues easily. Here are some of the questions IKEA’s FAQ page offers the answers to:
- Where can I get an IKEA catalog?
- Does IKEA offer finance options or interest-free credit?
- How can I check stock availability?
- Can I track my delivery?
- Can I return items?
- How do I shop at IKEA?
- Can I order online and collect (click and collect) from a store?
- What services does IKEA offer to help me save time?
- Do you deliver?
- How can I make a payment on the website?
- What payment methods does IKEA accept?
- Are there any online tools to help me plan what I want to order?
- When am I entitled to claim a VAT refund, and what do I need to do to obtain one?
- What should I do if my card is declined?
- Does IKEA offer any guarantees on products?
If you still need to get in touch with a support rep, here’s how you can contact IKEA customer service:
- By phone
- Through live chat
- In person
To speak directly to an IKEA customer service rep, dial 1-888-888-4532 and ask to be provided with the necessary assistance. IKEA’s customer service hours of operation are Sunday–Saturday, 9 a.m.–10 p.m. Check out the table below to see IKEA’s customer support working hours for other departments:
|Kitchen Sales||Sunday–Saturday, 9 a.m.–8 p.m.|
|IKEA for Business Sales||Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–7 p.m.|
DoNotPay provides you with a convenient way to cut in line and reach support reps with ease, so don’t shy away from using our Skip Waiting on Hold product!
We don’t stop there! You can complete other IKEA-related tasks with our app’s assistance, including:
If you don’t want to speak to an agent over the phone and you would rather chat with customer service instead, you can do it by following the next steps:
- Go to IKEA’s Contact Us page
- Click on Chat Now
- Select one of the provided options
IKEA’s virtual assistant won’t be able to help you with every type of request—only the basic ones. For more complex inquiries, the virtual assistant will connect you with a live agent.
Finding an IKEA store and going there in person to acquire the info and assistance you need is also an option. It will take more time and effort than calling customer service would, but it’s a valid option.
You will need to locate the nearest IKEA store first using the company’s online locator. Here’s what you should do:
- Choose your city from the drop-down menu
- Use the contact info to schedule a meeting
- Go there at the agreed time and follow the instructions you’re provided with
Nobody likes waiting on hold, but when you have a pressing issue with [company] and want it resolved as quickly as possible, it doesn’t seem like there’s a better choice. Writing an email is definitely less time-consuming, but you’d often have to wait several days for a response.
That’s why we came up with a way to connect with customer service representatives without ever having to wait on hold. That’s right—DoNotPay lets you completely bypass the phone queue!
The app can call any company’s customer service for you and will notify you as soon as a support agent takes your call. This way, you can take care of other business while the app takes over this tedious task, and only pick up the phone once you’re connected to a live person.
Here’s how you can skip the phone queue with DoNotPay:
- Sign up for DoNotPay in your web browser
- Choose the Skip Waiting on Hold product
- Type the name on the company
- Click on the name and select Call Now
The average waiting time will be displayed on your screen. The app will notify you when a support agent takes your call, so there’s no risk of missing the window and having to call back again.
Having trouble with companies that don’t honor their policies and refuse chargebacks and refunds? If a company has wronged you, DoNotPay can help you sue them in small claims court, without having to waste thousands on lawyers.
Our award-winning app can help with a variety of other issues, such as:
- Filing warranty claims
- Cashing out used gift cards
- Reducing property taxes
- Lowering your bills
- Appealing your parking tickets
- Requesting refunds from airline companies
- Filing FOIA requests
- Drafting legal documents
- Submitting insurance claims
If you’re strapped for time, DoNotPay can help you complete tedious tasks with a few simple clicks.
Here are just a few activities you can complete with DoNotPay in minutes instead of hours:
- Schedule DMV appointments
- File FOIA requests
- Create perfect passport photos without having to leave your apartment
- Create child travel consent forms
- Draft powers of attorney and other legal documents
- Contact embassies and consulates