How To Find an Inmate in California—A Complete Guide to Locating Prisoners in California Hassle-Free
Visiting and writing letters to inmates are two main reasons why one would want to locate prisoners and find out the address of the correctional facility they’re held in.
Most records are available to the public, including the location of offenders, their charges, and similar. While you have a variety of options to locate someone in California prisons, DoNotPay can make this process fast and effortless.
Why You Might Want To Know How To Find a Prisoner in California
Knowing a facility’s address is crucial if you want to write a prisoner because you need to know how to address a letter to an inmate correctly. This is not the only reason why you’d want to find an inmate in California, Texas, or any other state in the U.S.
Sending books, magazines, and care packages can be another occasion in which you’d need to know the precise location of the offender in question.
Having access to California county jail listings can be beneficial if you don’t know where your loved ones are and want to check if they were arrested.
Besides being able to find an array of websites dedicated to locating inmates based on their full name or ID, people also have online access to criminal records and listings such as:
|Types of Criminal Records and Documents||What They Include|
Jail and inmate records
Sex offender listings
If you are suspicious about a certain neighbor, colleague, or even a new friend, you can look them up and find out whether or not they have a criminal record, which can help keep you and your family safe.
How To Find Out Inmate Charges in California
Numerous websites enable you to find out if a certain person has a criminal record.
You will need to provide info such as name, surname, and current and previous state(s) of living. Some websites even ask about the potential relatives of the person in question to make the search more precise.
These are the most popular websites you can check out:
Some prisons might even allow you to give them a call or access the physical records inside the facility, which can be useful if you aren’t tech-savvy.
How To Locate an Inmate in California On Your Own
Depending on whether the offender in question is in state or federal prison, you can choose from a few websites to find an inmate by yourself.
Besides enabling you to search for criminal records, the Inmate Search Info website also offers the possibility of locating inmates in both state and federal prisons as well as county jails.
Other available websites usually concentrate on only one type of correctional facility.
How To Locate Inmates in California Federal Prison
Is your incarcerated loved one held in federal prison in California? You can locate them through the Federal Bureau of Prisons website like this:
- Visit the website
- Click on Find an Inmate in the Inmates tab
- Choose between the Find By Number and Find By Name option
- Type in the info accordingly
- Click on Search
How To Find Someone in California State Prison
If you know that your incarcerated friends, family members, or prison pen pals are held in state prison in California, but you’re not sure in which facility, you can try and find them through the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR).
You can either find them on the website or over the phone by dialing (916) 445-6713. If you decide to find an inmate online, follow these steps:
- Visit the website
- Click on Inmate Locator in the Offender Info tab
- Click on Agree and Proceed to Search
- Type in the inmate’s CDCR number or last name
- Enter the first and middle name for a more precise search
- Click on Search for Inmate
How To Locate an Inmate in California County Jail
Can’t find your incarcerated loved one in any state or federal facility? Try looking them up on the Write a Prisoner website by following these steps:
- Visit the website
- Click on Inmate Locator in the Home tab
- Select California Inmate Locator on the left side of the dashboard
You’ll see the list of all county jails in the area. Check each website until you find your loved one.
How To Find Someone In Prison in California With DoNotPay
DoNotPay offers a tool that can save you a lot of time when looking for an inmate’s location. Our Connect With an Inmate tool will locate any prisoner in the U.S. within minutes.
You need to type in the prisoner’s name and state—in this case, California—and we will provide you with the last known address. You can take advantage of this feature by:
- Logging in to your account from a
- Clicking on the Connect With an Inmate tool
- Picking the Locate Someone option
DoNotPay Can Make Your Correspondence With California Inmates Efficient and Stress-Free
Helping you locate inmates isn’t the only thing our tool can do for you. The main purpose of the Connect With an Inmate feature is to simplify the process of sending letters to offenders.
Remembering all the inmate mail rules a certain correctional facility has—such as choosing the right envelope or picking appropriate photos, to name a few—can be challenging. Whether you want to send a love letter, words of encouragement, or share some news with an inmate, DoNotPay is here to ensure everything runs smoothly.
You won’t have to worry about addressing the letter, using the right pen, and similar—DoNotPay will take care of everything for you. As soon as you finish your letter, we will print it and send it to the correctional facility in question.
These are the steps you should follow to send a letter to a prisoner through our app:
- Open your account in a
- Click on Connect With an Inmate and pick the Send a Personalized Letter option
- Write your letter directly in the app or upload a file
- Attach a few photos
- Pick one of the letter templates you like
DoNotPay’s app also enables you to receive mail in digital form through the app by receiving letters on your behalf, scanning them, and sending them to your virtual mailbox.
If you like that option, make sure to click on Create My Mailbox in the Virtual Mailbox feature of the tool.
DoNotPay Has a Feature for All Your Everyday Issues
Other than ensuring your letter is approved by the facility and handed over to your incarcerated loved one—which will make your correspondence easier and more enjoyable—we can also help you deal with other problems life throws at you.
Once you sign in to your account from a , you’ll be able to use our app whenever you need assistance with:
- Dealing with stalkers and harassment successfully
- Managing credit card conundrums
- Making DMV appointments in less than two minutes
- Canceling unused subscriptions or memberships
- Registering for services without phone verification
- Bringing anyone to small claims court and serving them justice
- Contesting traffic tickets
- Reporting robocalls
- Getting in touch with customer care reps over the phone without wasting time on-hold
- Blocking text message spam
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Asking airlines for refunds and compensation
- Finding any unclaimed assets under your name and claiming them
- Getting rid of spam emails in no time
- Registering for free trials without your credit card
- Finding medical studies in your area
- Asking any company for a refund
- Protecting your work against copyright violation
- Handle issues with unpaid bills
- Corresponding with your incarcerated friends and family
- Appealing parking tickets