How to Dispute BBVA Compass Transactions After the PNC Acquisition
Do you need to dispute a transaction with BBVA USA (formerly BBVA Compass) after Pittsburgh-based PNC Financial Service (stylized as PNC) acquired it? If you are seeking a refund on a fraudulent transaction, wish to return a purchased item, or cancel service after October 8, 2021, you'll need to contact PNC Financial Services.
PNC announced in November 2020 that it would acquire BBVA USA. On June 1, 2021, PNC finally completed the acquisition of BBVA USA for $11.6 billion, making it the fifth-largest bank in the United States. On October 8, 2021, BBVA USA was fully converted to PNC. In an article published by NBC affiliate Click2Houston, the negative side of this merger has been reports of customer service issues. If you have a pending transaction dispute with BBVA Compass, the online banking application, you may be wondering when or even if you 'll receive a refund.
How to Dispute a BBVA Compass Transaction With PNC?
If you have decided that you would rather handle your BBVA USA transaction dispute yourself, you'll likely have to follow PNC's policies. According to the PNC FAQs page, both debit and credit card chargeback disputes should be initiated via your online banking account. The website's instructions are as such:
|Debit Card Transaction Disputes||
|Credit Card Transaction Disputes||
Transaction Disputes Are Enforced Under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act?
Debit cards, credit cards, and E-banking are designed to be user-oriented, making it very convenient to make electronic payments. Thanks to digital technology, we're able to make online purchases, pay utility bills, and order services from anywhere at any time. However, that convenience comes with some risks, such as unwittingly signing up for recurring payments, purchasing something based on false advertisement, being outright scammed, or falling victim to financial fraud. On rare occasions, clerical errors can occur at our bank.
The federal government has enacted a law called the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA) to protect consumers. According to the National Consumer Law Center, there are two separate protections under EFTA for debit and credit cardholders:
- The first safeguard applies when your debit card or its number is used to make a purchase that you did not make.
- The second safeguard provides you with the right to dispute errors affecting debit cards and other electronic transactions.
In addition to that, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) states that prepaid and virtual credit cards are also covered under EFTA. The CFPB advises customers who either haven't gotten a response from their bank or who are unsatisfied with how a chargeback dispute was handled to file a complaint.
How to Dispute a BBVA Compass Transaction with DoNotPay?
DoNotPay simplifies the refund process, whether it's turned into a dispute or not. If you have a DoNotPay account, simply log in and navigate to the "Chargeback Instantly" screen. From there, simply follow the on-screen prompts to
- Select the Payment Method and the Name of the Financial Institution. Select the method of payment used to make the purchase. On the next page, enter either BBVA Compass or BBVA USA to indicate that you want to request a chargeback with this particular bank.
- Provide the Details Concerning the Transaction. If the transaction was made by someone else without your consent, provide that information here. After entering the individual's details, you'll be prompted to confirm the information you've provided. Subsequently, you'll be prompted to next, you'll be asked to verify the date of the transaction and the amount.
- Provide Any Pertinent Evidence that Strengthens Your Dispute. Present relevant evidence about the transaction that justifies your dispute. For example, was your debit or credit card used in another state? If so, do you have strong proof that you were nowhere near the location? Did you authorize someone to use your bank account once but they used it twice? However, those are merely examples -- just answer questions that appear on your screen as honestly as possible.
- Finalize the Chargeback Claim. To conclude your chargeback claim, verify your personal information. After that, choose how you want to go about handling the chargeback: do you want DoNotPay to have it sent on your behalf, or do you prefer sending it to PNC yourself? After completing the required fields, provide DoNotPay with your digital signature and the process is complete. Now, instead of running yourself ragged trying to resolve the issue, allow DoNotPay to resolve your chargeback dispute. All the information you initially provided will be automatically faxed to PNC along with other relevant information that will help you win your dispute.
Can DoNotPay Resolve Your BBVA Compass Dispute Faster?
If a company declines to issue a refund, use DoNotPay to get a chargeback on the transaction. We can help with chargebacks such as
- Zelle chargeback
- Cash app refund
- Vanilla gift card refund
- Amazon refund without return
- Doordash refund
- Lyft refund
- PayPal friends and family refund
There are also a ton of other great features to help you. DoNotPay can show you
- How to use virtual credit cards for free trials
- How to dispute credit card charge online scam
- How to file a dispute with your bank debit card information stolen
DoNotPay can also help answer some difficult questions, such as
- Can I dispute a bank transaction I approved initially?
- What are my rights when I report fraud for a purchase I made, but the bank denied my chargeback?
- Can Visa chargeback an online transaction when a stolen card was used?
We at DoNotPay have made it our mission to help protect the rights of others. That means cutting clean through the bureaucracy, challenging unfair corporate practices, and ensuring easy access to quality legal help. Whether you want to refund a plane ticket, beat a traffic ticket, simplify the insurance claims process, or even find something you lost, you can get it done with the press of a button.
With that said, we can help you resolve your chargeback dispute faster than most other avenues. DoNotPay employs the assistance of artificial intelligence (AI) to make legal information and self-help accessible to consumers like yourself. We hope to show others that, armed with the right knowledge and information, they can get more things achieved than they ever imagined -- and mortgaging a home to pay someone else to do it is unnecessary.