How to File Extended Stay America Complaints and Get Refunded
Extended Stay America Hotels operates 682 hotels in the US and Canada. As of early 2022, they operate a total of 76,600 rooms, and employ roughly 10,000 people in its hotels and corporate offices.
The company owns and operates hotels under the Extended Stay America® and other brands, which cater to the mid-priced extended stay category.
If you had a bad experience at an Extended Stay America property, you can You can do this on your own, or you can turn to DoNotPay for help.
This article covers four primary points:
- How to reach Extended Stay America customer service to file a complaint
- Information about Extended Stay America’s poor reputation for customer service
- How to using DoNotPay
- And other ways you could use DoNotPay if you travel often
Right now, you’re fed up with a bad experience at Extended Stay America. Let’s talk about how to contact them.
How to Contact Extended Stay America to File Complaints
The table below provides the contact information you seek.
|Organization name||Extended Stay America|
|Customer service phone number||1-800-804-3724|
|Mailing address||Extended Stay America Headquarters
11525 N. Community House Road
Charlotte, NC 28277
|CEO name||Gerardo I. Lopez|
|Corporate headquarters local landline||980-345-1600|
Before we get any further, know that Extended Stay America is notorious for terrible customer service.
Extended Stay America is Known for Poor Service and Many Complaints
Check out these facts:
- From early 2019 to early 2022, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) heard 989 formal complaints from Extended Stay America customers.
- This is a huge number of complaints filed, especially when you remember that COVID-19 shut down the hospitality industry for most of 2020 and 2021.
- Compared to other hotel chains, the BBB hears about ten times more complaints from unsatisfied Extended Stay America customers.
- BBB gives them an extremely poor rating of 1 / 5.
Most of the complaints people make about Extended Stay America revolve around:
- Pricing problems, overcharges and fees
- Pests, like cockroaches or bedbugs
- Missing property or stolen goods
- Slow response time from staff
- And noise complaints
Next, let’s think about what to say when making your complaint to Extended Stay America.
What to Say when Making Extended Stay America Complaints
It’s important to remain calm, polite and professional when making hotel complaints. Even if you’re disgusted by cockroaches or bed bugs, remember that the customer service rep wasn’t personally responsible for the issue. And like that old saying goes “you’ll catch more flies with honey.”
Gather all your information, and contact Extended Stay America hotels. They’ll need to know:
- The date of your stay
- The hotel location number and the address
- The amount of money you paid
- All the details about your problem
- The name of anyone you spoke to at the property about your problems
You can also suggest a way to fix the problem. If noisy parties kept you up all night, maybe you deserve a refund. If your entire wardrobe was stolen out of the closet, maybe you need to be compensated to replace it. (Or, maybe you need to go to small claims court, and we can help with that, too.)
But remember, many complaints at Extended Stay America properties go unsolved. By the time a complaint goes to BBB, usually a consumer has attempted to resolve their situation and gotten nowhere. If you’re not getting anywhere with your , DoNotPay is here to help.
File Extended Stay America Complaints and Get Results with DoNotPay
If you want to file a complaint with Extended Stay America, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in five steps.
- Go to the Hotel Bill Complaints & Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Tell us the details of your experience and complaint, including how it negatively impacted your stay, and provide photographic evidence if available.
- Enter the details of your reservation, including the check-in/check-out dates and hotel room number.
- Tell us whether this is for a past reservation or you're still at the hotel (this helps us decide whether negotiation or chargeback is a better option for your case).
- Choose whether you want us to contact the front desk or general manager (if you've already tried contacting the front desk already).
Is so easy! You don’t need to wait on hold for customer service reps. You don’t need to write long letters, pay for postage, and wait months for a response. You don’t need to take it up with your credit card company and cope with all that hassle.
DoNotPay makes it easy to deal with Extended Stay America hotels. You’ll get results, and if you don’t get the results you want, escalate the issue with our Sue Now product.
And remember, the world’s first robot lawyer can help you deal with any other hotel complaints. It works for:
- Holiday Inn resorts
- Las Vegas hotels and casinos
- Choice hotels
- Hilton hotels
- Motel 6
- Hyatt hotels
Join DoNotPay today and get the compensation you deserve!