DoNotPay Explains the Basics of the Delaware Sex Offender Registry
The good news is you don’t have to search all over the web and read complicated legal jargon because DoNotPay has got you covered. Our guide will explain everything you need to know about restrictions for sex offenders and how you can search the Delaware sex offender registry to map out the ones near you.
We will also show you how to stay alert using our quick and easy sex offender search tool, which gives you results in seconds and an option to receive weekly automated alerts.
Sexual offenders in Delaware who have been convicted for sex offenses are required to register with the State Bureau of Identification. Those who are arrested but not convicted are not required to register.
Both adult and juvenile sex offenders in Delaware need to register and are classified into tiers based on the risk of them committing the sex offense again:
Delaware sex offenders need to register the following:
- Legal name and previously used names
- Social Security number
- Physical description
- Offense history
- Address of residence, employment, and/or study
- Vehicle registration details
- Work/business license
- Copies of the offender’s passport
- Email address
The frequency of updates and duration of the registration period differ for sex offenders in Delaware depending on their tier:
|I||15 years||Once a year|
|II||25 years||Six months|
According to Megan’s Law, information about sex offenders in Delaware should be publically available to prevent further crimes. The Delaware state police state that the privacy of the sex offender is less important than the safety of other citizens.
The official Delaware sex offender registry website only includes information about Tier II and Tier III offenders.
Sex offenders cannot reside within 2,500 feet of any school, park, or child care facility. If the offender establishes residence before the school, park, or child care facility is built, they do not have to move.
With every change of address, the sex offender needs to update their registration within three days of establishing a new residence.
There are no interstate travel restrictions for sex offenders in Delaware.
If a sex offender wants to travel out of the country, they need to inform the local authorities 21 days before the intended date of travel.
To search for sex offenders in Delaware, you can use the state registry by doing the following:
- Open the Delaware Sex Offender Central Registry website
- Use the search criteria that you know
- Hit Search
You can also search by using a map in the Neighborhood Search tab or pull out lists of homeless and wanted offenders.
You may sign up to receive email alerts whenever there is a change or addition to the registry. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Delaware Information Subscription Service website
- Sign up
- Opt for the Sex Offender Notification
The Delaware Sex Offender Central Registry is far from perfect, and the search criteria can be confusing. DoNotPay can run searches on sex offenders, provide fast results, and give you organized up-to-date reports. To use DoNotPay to search for Delaware sex offenders in your vicinity, here’s what you need to do:
- Sign in to DoNotPay
- Key in Sex Offender in the search box
- Type in your address and specify the radius
- Select the weekly check option
DoNotPay will automatically search for sex offenders and generate a full report. You can also receive weekly updates with information about newly registered sex offenders near you.
Yes. Although convicted of a crime, any sex offender is still protected by the State of Delaware and possesses civil rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution. If you harass, threaten, or perform any act of violence against the offender, you can be prosecuted.
To prevent the danger that may come from Delaware sex offenders, you should:
- Be up to date with how you can find sex offenders who live near you in the most efficient way
- Understand the laws they need to abide by
- Have a game plan on how to handle having a sex offender living next to you
DoNotPay has an insane number of features that keeps growing. Our platform can help you:
- Request refunds and get your money back fast and easy
- Create legal documents crafted to suit your needs
- Reduce property taxes and apply for tax exemptions
- Claim any money you might have under your name
- Cancel any service or subscription
- Appeal parking tickets in any city
- Demand compensation from airlines without the hassle
- File insurance claims the easy way
DoNotPay has designed a feature that will put a stop to the flood of junk and spam mail into your inbox! We can help you join a class action against a spammer or take any person or company that’s wronged you to small claims court!
Need a virtual credit card number or a fake phone number to protect yourself from scammers? We’ve got you covered! We can help you fight text spam or even assist you in sending mail without any chance of error.
Our users’ safety is our number one concern, so we’ve developed a feature that will protect you from cyber stalking or harassment!