How to cancel Starz subscription the easy way
Starz is a premium American cable and streaming channel, broadcasting Lionsgate’s movie library and original programming. As of last year, Starz has a total of 26.5 million subscribers, both internationally and domestically.
Cancel Starz subscription manually
If you want to cancel your Starz subscription, you can do it in several ways—online, email, and phone. Depending on how you subscribed for the service in the first place, you can cancel the subscription directly through Starz or through a third party company.
Canceling Starz online
Here is how to cancel Starz from the website in your web browser:
- Open the Starz website in your web browser.
- Choose “Have Starz.”
- Choose “Starz streaming.”
- Log in to your account.
- In the upper-right corner, select Settings.
- Click on “Subscription.”
- Click on “Cancel my subscription.”
- Follow the steps to finish your cancelation.
Canceling Starz from a smart device
- Go to the Starz website from a web browser on your smartphone or tablet.
- If you use an Android device: go to the three dots in the upper-right corner of the browser and tap on “Request desktop.”
- If you’re using an Apple device: in the address bar, hold the refresh icon and then tap on the option “Request desktop site.”
- When the desktop website opens, go to the three lines on the left side and tap on “Log In.”
- Enter the email address linked to your Starz account.
- Tap on “Log in with Starz.”
- Type in your password and select “Log In.”
- In your primary profile, go to Settings on the upper-right side.
- Select “Subscription.”
- Select “Cancel” located at the bottom.
- Follow the steps to complete canceling your account.
Canceling Starz through a third-party company
If you are wondering how to cancel Starz on Amazon, Google, Apple, Roku, cable provider, and other distributors, you will have to do it directly from your accounts on these platforms or contact their customer service reps. You can also consult the Starz FAQ section for help.
Canceling Starz over the phone
Starz offers live phone support available 24/7 at 1-855-247-9175.
Canceling Starz by email
If you want to cancel the Starz subscription by email, you will have to fill out the form on the “Contact us” page on the website. You can also try writing directly to email@example.com.
Cancel a Starz subscription with the DoNotPay app
Canceling Starz manually can take a while, so why not make things easier for you? Let DoNotPay help you cancel Starz or any other subscription service. It will take less than two minutes and only the following three steps:
- Load DoNotPay in your web browser or install a free iOS app on your Apple device.
- Go to “Find Hidden Money.”
- Enter “Starz” as the service you want to cancel.
You will receive an email when your Starz subscription is canceled.
|Can you cancel with||Yes / No|
Will Starz let you pause your subscription instead of canceling?
No. You can only cancel your Starz subscription and then re-apply if you want to use it again.
Is Starz free trial going to auto-renew into a paid subscription?
Yes, it will. Unless you cancel Starz before the free trial is over, your credit card will be charged for the monthly subscription.
DoNotPay’s virtual credit card stops a service from charging you after the free trial
With so many subscription services out there, it’s easy to forget about some of them. Because of this, you can end up paying for unwanted services for months before you notice. This expensive mishap is easily taken care of with DoNotPay’s virtual credit card. Instead of entering your credit card number, you will leave the DNP virtual credit card with the subscription services. They won’t know the difference, and when the free trial is over, a subscription service won’t be able to charge you.
DoNotPay can monitor all your subscriptions
An average American household spends over $200 on monthly subscriptions without even knowing what exactly that money is for. With so many subscription services, it’s easy to forget what free trial you applied for and where. The DoNotPay app is an excellent budget tracking tool, helping you identify subscriptions you don’t use, but still pay for. Link our app to your email or bank account, and it will find the subscriptions silently draining your budget and help you cancel them.
Does Starz prorate their cancelations?
The best alternatives to Starz
|HBO Go||$14.99 per month||
|Epix||$5.99 per month||
Potential problems when canceling a Starz subscription
The most common complaints by the customers pertained to charges on the credit card after the subscription was canceled. Starz is offering several options to get in touch with their customer support, Twitter being the most popular, but that sometimes takes too long. Contacting the company over the phone is even worse, as waiting to talk to the customer service rep alone can take up to 40 minutes! To avoid this inconvenience, the DoNotPay app can call customer service for you and save you the trouble of being put on hold.
Is Starz causing you problems? DoNotPay can help you sue them
If Starz continued to charge you even after you canceled the subscription or breached your contract in any other way, you have options to resolve this unfortunate situation. After trying to reason with the customer service raps fails, it’s time to go for a different approach. The DoNotPay app can help you take the issue to a small claims court and prepare your case against Starz. Our robot lawyer is the first of its kind in the world and recipient of the ABA Louis M. Brown Award. You don’t need to pay for expensive legal services when you have DoNotPay on your side.
What else can DoNotPay help me with?
Canceling Starz subscription is only one of the things the DoNotPay app can do for you. Take a look at what else DoNotPay can help you with:
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Suing individuals or companies in small claims court
- Contesting parking tickets
- Scheduling an appointment with the DMV faster
- Obtaining compensation for delayed and canceled flights
- Speaking to customer service reps without waiting on the line
- Canceling any other service or membership
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Signing up for the free trials with virtual credit cards