Want to Cancel Your Shell Energy Account? DoNotPay Can Help!
If you're into using renewable energy, chances are, you've got Shell Energy. What if you need to change, like because of a move or change service provider? You'll need to cancel your Shell Energy account and that can be a tedious process. No problem! DoNotPay can help you cancel your Shell Energy account with minimal fuss.
No one ever said taking care of all the little details that you have to do daily is easy. You can mark off cancelling your Shell Energy account with the help of DoNotPay. We make it faster, more convenient, and much less frustrating. That's because we handle all those little details, like following up. All we need is some information. Read on to find out more about how DoNotPay can help you cancel your Shell Energy account.
What Are Shell Energy’s Cancellation Policies?
The cancellation policy is pretty simple. Assuming that you're switching providers, you can change your mind within 14 days. You're also protected by Shell Energy's Switch Guarantee. You may be charged an exit fee, but it all depends on your specific contract and situation.
How Do You Cancel a Shell Energy Account?
|Can You Cancel Shell Energy Via||Yes/No|
|Company Website/ Support Form (or another alternative method)||Yes|
Here's how you cancel a Shell Energy account:
- Chances are, you can't just cancel it. This is because of the need for electricity in homes for daily life activities. So, if there's a reason that you need it completely cancelled, like if you're taking care of final affairs for someone after a death, you'll have to call the company. Otherwise, once you decide on a new provider, let them know you want to join them.
- The new provider will be in contact with you and your old provider.
- You may have to provide meter readings to the new provider to ensure your billing is done correctly.
- Finally, you'll have to pay your final bill from your old provider.
- When the switch is all done, you'll get a confirmation.
If you want to talk to Shell Energy about your options for cancelling, you can chat with a representative, e-mail the company, or call at 0330 094 5800. Hours are 8 AM to 6:30 PM Monday through Friday and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday.
How Do You Cancel a Shell Energy Account Within or After the Cooling-off Period?
Consumers have the right to cancel services within 14 working days of signing a contract under the Consumer Contracts Regulation. While not all contracts are covered, Shell Energy services are. You need to know that the cooling-off period starts when you begin receiving services from Shell Energy. If you cancel within this period, you won't have to pay an exit fee.
To cancel a Shell Energy account within or after the cooling-off period, you'll need to follow the same steps listed above. Essentially, e-mail or call the company. In this case, you've likely decided on a new provider and, if so, talk to your new provider and let them handle the legwork.
What Are the Potential Problems With Cancelling a Shell Energy Account?
Chances are, there won't be any problems with cancelling your Shell Energy account. Both providers will be in contact with you and will handle all of the details for you. This should give you a seamless transfer.
Does Shell Energy Charge Any Cancellation Fees?
If you cancel a Shell Energy account within the 14-day cooling-off period, there are no exit fees. Otherwise, it's based on your tariff and shown on your contract. It can range from £30.00 to £75.00 per fuel.
Have DoNotPay Cancel Your Shell Energy Account
You don't have to go it alone. DoNotPay has a great option to help you cancel your Shell Energy account. How to cancel in 3 steps:
- Log in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
Once you submit the details, we'll work on cancelling your subscription! We'll even try to get a refund on your behalf.
We handle all the little details for you in cancelling subscriptions and many other things, making it an easy process. Less stress for you. What's not to love?
What Else Does DoNotPay Do?
At DoNotPay, our goal is to make it easier for you to go about your daily life. We know it's sometimes hard to find time to take care of all the million little details, including cancelling subscriptions. You need help and we've got options. Here are a few:
- Use DoNotPay to get a burner phone.
- Use DoNotPay for help with credit cards.
- Use DoNotPay to get a free trial for a subscription.
- Use DoNotPay to contact customer service for any company.
- Use DoNotPay to file or respond to a small claims court case.
- Use DoNotPay to negotiate a hotel bill.
- Use DoNot pay to get help with unpaid bills.
This list isn't comprehensive and there are many other ways DoNotPay can help you. Take some time out of your busy day and head over to the DoNotPay website to see what else we can help you with.