How To Cancel Origin in a Split Second
Origin is an online gaming platform established to enable users to play and purchase the latest games from the Electronic Arts (EA) editions. It was founded in 2011 as a part of EA and has gained more than 50 million users worldwide.
What Types of Memberships Does Origin Offer?
EA offer includes two types of memberships within the Origin platform:
- EA Play
- EA Play Pro
Users can choose if they want to pay monthly or annually, and both plans include a 10% discount for all purchases on the platform. Here’s a brief overview of the plans:
|Membership||Monthly fee||Annual fee|
|EA Play Pro||$14.99||$99.99|
How Can DoNotPay Help Me Cancel My Origin Membership?
Whether the reason for membership cancellation are bugs in purchased games, lack of technical support, or mediocre content, we’re here to assist you.
DoNotPay boasts a specific feature that can detect all your active memberships and cancel any of them whenever your heart desires.
You can activate this functionality by linking your bank account and email address to DoNotPay. This way, our app can track all unused, unwanted, or forgotten subscriptions and end them upon your request.
To cancel Origin with DoNotPay, follow these steps:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Select the Find Hidden Money section
- Enter Origin as the name of the subscription you wish to terminate
Upon completing the steps, DoNotPay begins the cancellation process in your stead, sparing you the time-consuming correspondence with the company. You will get a confirmation email once the cancellation is completed.
How Can I Cancel Origin Membership By Myself?
Apart from DoNotPay, there are two more cancellation methods. You can:
- Request a membership termination on your EA account
- End your subscription via EA’s help center
How Can I Cancel Origin Membership From My EA Profile?
An official way to terminate your membership is from your EA profile. To do this, follow the instructions from the list below:
- Sign in to your EA/Origin account
- Choose EA Play from the sidebar
- Click on Manage My Membership
- Choose the Cancel My Membership link
How Can I Cancel Origin Membership via the EA Help Center?
One of the biggest flaws of EA customer support is that the company’s contact details aren’t shown anywhere on their website. Their live chat, phone number, or email address are accessible only after completing a form that directs you to the specific support option.
This might be rather confusing, but it’s still one of the available although complicated options. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Sign in to your EA/Origin account
- Go to the help center homepage
- Click on Contact Us
- Pick the EA Play icon
- Choose the platform you’re using
- Select Manage my memberships
- Click on Cancel membership and hit the Select contact option
- Choose the most convenient method —live chat, phone, or email
Here’s an overview of the available methods.
|Can You Cancel With||Yes/No|
|Your EA Account||Yes|
Can I Keep Using My Membership Privileges Until the Current Billing Period Ends?
Yes, you can. Origin allows you to keep playing the games from your list or take advantage of the perks you are entitled to as a member. These benefits will last until the billing period ends.
I’m Not Sure if I Want To Cancel My Membership Right Away—Will Origin Let Me Pause It?
It’s not possible to pause your membership, but there’s an option to renew it. Note that you can use this feature only if you have canceled the subscription recently.
Are There Any Alternatives to Origin?
Since the gaming world is flourishing, you can find platforms that offer the same or even better features. You can check out some of them in the table below:
|Steam||Free—you only pay for the games you choose to purchase||
|Good Old Games (GOG)||Free—you only pay for the games you purchase||
Discover Other Gaming-Friendly Features and Much More With DoNotPay
Tired of Origin and thinking about trying WoW Classic or Minecraft Realms with zero risk or fees? Your wish is our command! Start numerous free trial tips with our virtual credit cards to avoid membership auto-renewals!
If you access DNP from your web browser, you’ll learn that we don’t come in handy only for gamers. We provide other useful features and offer help with:
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Applying for clinical trials
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Getting refunds from companies
- Canceling other subscriptions or memberships
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Stopping text spam
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment