How to Cancel Your AIG Life Insurance the Easy Way
AIG has an excellent reputation for paying out life insurance according to their policies, with the Better Business Bureau rating it at A-. As a policyholder, you can easily cancel your policy for different reasons and stop paying the monthly premium.
Whether you found a cheaper rate for your life insurance, you no longer need the coverage, or you can no longer afford the coverage premium, AIG allows you to cancel your life insurance payments at any time. It's as easy as contacting the company and making your request.
If you have tried to contact the company to no avail or are wondering how to do it, DoNotPay can help you. DoNotPay has a Cancel Subscriptions UK product that will help you contact AIG on your behalf and on your life insurance policy.
What are AIG Life Insurance Cancellation Policies?
If you are planning to , here's what you should know.
- You are free to cancel your insurance at any time.
- If you cancel the insurance within the first 30 days of buying it, AIG will refund you all the payments you made. But if you had already received payment for a claim within that time, you'll not get a refund.
- If you choose to end your insurance on the day before the next payment due date, any funds paid on that day will not be refunded.
- If your subscription is annual and you want to cancel the insurance, the company will end it on the monthly anniversary of when you started making payments.
- AG will retain the funds paid before the termination date and refund any balance for the remaining months in the annual payment.
How to Cancel AIG Life Insurance
AIG doesn't have a 'Cancel Subscription' button where you can easily click and get it done. Instead, you'll need to contact customer service to initiate a cancellation process. You can do it in two ways – on the phone and the website.
Cancel AIG Life Insurance on the Phone
Here’s what to do:
- Call AIG Life Insurance's toll-free number to talk to an agent. Those in the UK can call 0345 600 6820, and those calling from the outside UK can call +44 330 390 0510.
- Provide the representative with your customer information, including your name and policy number.
- Let the representative or agent know that you want to cancel your AIG Life
- Insurance, and then provide the rest of the information as they ask.
- Request that they send you a confirmation message in your email once the insurance is cancelled.
Cancel AIG Life Insurance Online
Here’s what to do:
- Go to AIG's official website and log in using your ID and password.
- From your logged-in page, contact customer support by sending a message.
- Your message should include details of your request to cancel your insurance policy and mention the date you'd like it to end. You can also request a confirmation message in your email with the details.
- A representative should get back to you with other questions or information about your request.
This table shows customer service contact information in case you have questions before cancelling your life insurance policy.
|AIG Life Insurance Contact Information|
|Phone number||0345 600 6820|
|Postal Address||Customer Services Team,
AIG Life Limited,
PO Box 12010,
Does AIG Life Insurance Charge Any Cancellation Fees?
No. AIG insurance does not charge any cancellation fees. However, all the payments made up to the day of cancellation remain with the company and are not refunded.
Refunds happen when you cancel the policy within the first 30 days or if you have paid for an annual subscription, but you stop the insurance before it expires.
What AIG Life Insurance Subscription Looks Like on Bank Statements
AIG Life may show up on your statement as:
- AIG LIFE LTD
- AIG LIFE LTD P157493025-B
- AIG LIFE LTD P144726152-A
- AIG LIFE LTD P160490159-B
- AIG LIFE LTD P167247974-B
- AIG LIFE LTD, P112579975-A
- AIG LIFE LTD, P112579977-A
- AIG LIFE LIMITED
- AIG LIFE UK
- AIG LIFE LTD P094312120-D
- AIG LIFE LTD, INITIAL PAYMENT
- AIG LIFE LTD P094312120-B
- AIG LIFE LTD FIRST PAYMENT
- AIG LIFE LTD, FIRST PAYMENT
- AIG LIFE LTD P167247974
How to Cancel AIG Life Insurance with the Help of DoNotPay
Through DoNotPay's Cancel Subscriptions UK product, you can easily cancel your AIG Life Insurance without the hassle of contacting the customer and holding on the line before you are attended. You'll only need to tell DoNotPay the details of your subscription and when you want it to end, and that's it.
Here's how DoNotPay works:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and search for the product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
Once you submit the details, we'll work on canceling your subscription! We'll even try to get a refund on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can also help you cancel the following subscriptions.
- Planet Fitness
- CVS CarePass
- Xbox Live
- NOW TV
- Virgin Media
- BT Sport
- Vodafone Contract
- Just eat order
- Admiral Renewal
- RAC membership
- Beer 52
- AA Membership
Join DoNotPay today to cancel your AIG Life Insurance policy hassle-free!