Keep Your Inbox Clean With an Anti-Spam Email Filter
The increasing popularity of email advertising is making it more and more difficult to maintain control over your inbox. If you add the potentially dangerous spam emails to the bunch, your inbox turns into a veritable mishmash difficult to wade through.
One of the long-term solutions for this growing problem is an anti-spam filter.
Many email providers, such as Gmail or Yahoo!, have built-in filters, but despite those measures, spam can still end up in your primary inbox. An additional layer of protection comes in the form of anti-spam software.
If you would like to learn more about what it is and what to do in case you are barraged with spam, read on.
What Is an Email Anti-Spam Filter?
An anti-spam filter is software designed to block spam from entering your inbox. It applies a set of protocols that separate the unsolicited emails from the ones you are supposed to receive.
These filters scan the content, language, header, attachments, the sender’s email address, and anything suspicious that may mark an email as spam.
Most anti-spam filter solutions are customizable to suit your needs and allow only the emails you approve.
What Are the Most Popular Anti-Spam Email Software Solutions?
You can find some of the most popular anti-spam email filters in the table below.
Anti-Spam Filter Solution
Windows, Mac, Web and Cloud-based, Saas
|Yes||Web and Cloud-based, Saas|
Windows, Web and Cloud-based, Saas
|Yes||Web and Cloud-based, Saas|
|MailWasher||Yes, and a free version||
Suitable for all types of businesses, Spam Titan is an email spam solution designed to block spam, phishing, viruses, and malware. It helps control mail flow by performing both inbound and outbound email scanning to prevent your IP from being blacklisted.
The service is affordable, with customizable prices depending on the number of email inboxes that need protection.
Some of its advertised features are:
- Double antivirus protection
- Data leak prevention
- Spam quarantine
Spambrella is a cloud-based service providing spam-filtering solutions across various sectors. Its advanced email-security service offers protection against spoofing, phishing, ransomware, and malware as well as email continuity, archiving, and encryption. It works well with Zoho, Office 365, G Suite, and Microsoft Exchange Online.
Its characteristics include:
- URL anti-phishing filters
- Email attachment filtering
- Email recovery
Excellent for small to mid-sized businesses, Security Gateway protects various email platforms, including Office 365 and Windows Exchange Online, from spam, viruses, data leaks, and other threats.
Some of its features are:
- Audit log
- Email recovery
- Spam filter
MailCleaner seems to be a suitable solution for governments and any other company or organization. It offers protection against viruses, phishing, malware, and other threats. The filter is notable for eliminating 99% of spam.
This software offers:
- Email archiving and routing
- Fraud detection
- Reporting and statistics
Owned by Firetrust, MailWasher is an on-premise filter solution that has a free version as well as a Pro one. It works well with Gmail, Yahoo!, Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, and others. The software allows you to preview your emails and delete the unwanted messages before they reach your inbox.
Its well-known features are:
- Spam filter
- Unlimited number of accounts
Get Rid of Spammers With DoNotPay
- Access your DoNotPay account from a web browser
- Select the Spam Collector option
- Provide your email address to link it to our app
- Next time you get a spam email, just pass it on to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will take you off that mailing list instantly. Your robot lawyer will check if there’s a class action against the sender. You will get a notification in the Spam Collector tab if there is one.
If the spam email turns out to be illegal, you can join the lawsuit and get compensation in the event of a successful settlement.
Note that an email is deemed illegal if:
- You did not agree to get it
- There is no unsubscribe button
Sweep Your Physical Mailbox Clean With DoNotMail
Besides helping you get rid of unwelcome emails, DoNotPay offers another related functionality—DoNotMail.
DoNotMail sweeps physical spam and flyers away from your mailbox. All you need to do is take a snapshot of the junk mail that found its way to your mailbox and forward it to us. Here are the steps:
- Scroll down the DoNotPay homepage to the DoNotMail option and click on it
- Select Enroll Now
- Upload your photos
The perks of the DoNotMail feature are:
- You can take control of the mail you get
- We commit ourselves to remove your junk mail
- You help us promote environmental sustainability
- We protect you from potential scams
But that’s not all! If you qualify to join a class-action lawsuit against the sender, you can look forward to getting compensation!
What Should I Do if I Get a Spam Email?
Besides obtaining an anti-spam email filter or resorting to DoNotPay’s Spam Collector, there are a few other steps you should take to secure your device and online privacy.
- Not reply—to avoid compromising your privacy and online activity
- Scan your device—to pick up any threats and quarantine them
- Not open links or attachments—some of them may carry malware or lead you to malicious websites
- Check your account’s password—especially if you get an email containing your current or former password
- Report spam—either to your email provider or the Federal Trade Commission
Wonder What Else DoNotPay Has in Store?
Your virtual lawyer has one purpose—to help you fight for your customer rights and claim your due.
You can check the crucial perks of DoNotPay in the table below.
|We are affordable||
It can be pricey
We save your time
|It can be time-consuming and exhausting|
|We offer money-saving features galore||
It is not DoNotPay
You can ally with your DoNotPay virtual assistant by accessing your account from any web browser. We can help you:
- Free yourself from spam mail for good
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Get rid of spam text messages
- Manage credit card issues
- Terminate subscriptions or memberships
- Contest traffic tickets
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Fix a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Procure refunds or compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Skip the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Dispute speeding tickets
- Get revenge on robocalls
- Obtain refunds from other companies
- Fight parking tickets
- Deal with bills you are unable to pay
- Shield yourself from stalking and harassment