How To Add Email to Spam List and Keep Your Inbox Tidy
Spam emails are one of the major hindrances of today’s life. They clutter our inboxes and prevent us from viewing valid and important emails. They often carry malicious software or scam offers that may damage our budget if not handled with care.
If you are sick of being a victim of a cluttered mailbox, here is how to remediate the situation and even earn in the process.
How To Add Email Contact to Spam List Manually
There are multiple email providers on the market today. Each one has its own approach to stopping spam. Hence, we have multiple ways of marking an email as spam.
We will cover the easiest ways to mark email senders as spammers. We will focus on major email providers:
- iCloud and iMessage
- Yahoo Mail
How Do You Report Spam Emails on Gmail?
To block a sender on Gmail and have their email go straight to the spam folder, follow the steps below:
- Open Gmail
- Log in to your Google account
- Open a message from the sender you want to mark as spam
- Click on More in the top right corner of your screen
- Hit Block
You can unsubscribe from mass emails by executing the first two steps listed above. After that, select Unsubscribe or Change Preferences next to the sender’s name. Keep in mind that it may take up to a few days to stop receiving messages from this sender.
Alternatively, you can follow the steps below to mark emails as spam:
- Log in to your Google account
- Select one or more emails
- Click on Report Spam
How Do You Report Spam Emails on Outlook?
If you’re an Outlook user, you need to learn how to block and report spam emails to keep yourself safe from any malicious software pieces or potential fraud.
To block an email or mark it as junk mail in Outlook, all you need to do is:
- Log in to your Outlook account
- Select the email from the sender you want to block
- Hover over the top toolbar and click Junk
- Click Block to block the user or Spam to move the message to the spam or junk folder
- Confirm by clicking Ok
Report Spam or Other Suspicious Emails on Apple
If you are an Apple user, to report spam or other shady emails, you should either:
- Forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or hit Report Junk beneath the message for the ones you are viewing through iMessage
Report Spam or Suspicious Emails on Yahoo Mail
To report an email as spam on Yahoo, you need to:
- Sign in to your Yahoo account
- Select an email
- Select Mark This as Spam
Unfortunately, you will need to repeat the process for each and every unsolicited sender. This process can get tiring after repeating it twice unless you have nerves of steel. We all know how annoying repetitive tasks are, which is why DoNotPay helps people eliminate all of them.
If you want to avoid this tedious process, you should use our robust app. DoNotPay can save you both time and money, and none of our features require you to make more than a few clicks to resolve whatever issue you might have.
How To Add Email to Spam List With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you clean up the clutter in your inbox. By using our app, you will not risk missing an important message due to it being buried inside a sea of useless junk. We will ensure that you are protected from scam offers and viruses that spam emails may contain.
An additional advantage of the DoNotPay way is the fact that you follow the same process of stopping spam emails for all email clients.
To add report an email as spam using our handy app, all you need to do is:
- Log into your DoNotPay account via a web browser
- Select the Spam Collector option
- Enter your email address to link it with DoNotPay
- Forward the scam email to email@example.com next time you receive a spam email
If there’s a class action lawsuit against the sender, you will receive a notification so that you can join the suit. In case of illegal spam—if the unsubscribe button is missing or you didn't agree to receive messages from that sender—you can get compensated by pressing charges through a class action lawsuit.
If you join a class action settlement, it will show under the My Disputes section.
DoNotPay will not press charges or join the suit for you. For further info on how to take action against spam emailing services, check out how to report spam email.
DoNotPay can help you report both spam email and email abuse.
Are There Any Other Ways To Stop Spam Emails?
If you’re sick and tired of receiving spam emails, you’re not alone. Since we’re all aware of how big this issue is, several methods have been introduced, using which you can report spam email. Check them out:
|Can You Report Spam Via||Yes/No|
Reporting emails that are as seriously damaging as scam or phishing ones should become a common practice. Many people decide to escalate the situation and get the government involved because information and identity thefts are dangerous.
If you ever come across an email scam, don’t hesitate to report it immediately. DoNotPay will help you handle everything from moving the email to the spam folder to suing the person who sent it in small claims court.
Get Rid of Physical Junk Mail With DoNotPay
If your physical mail is also cluttered with unwanted flyers and letters containing offers or advertisements, DoNotPay can help you with that too. We can notify you if there is a class action lawsuit against a specific sender so that you can join it to earn in the process.
Our new and revolutionary feature—DoNotMail—allows you to upload a photo of your physical junk mail from your phone and forward it to us. Once you do that, we will unsubscribe you promptly.
Other Areas Where DoNotPay Can Save Your Time and Money
DoNotPay is a service offering so much more than spam email protection. Our mission is to help you fight corporations, beat bureaucracy, and sue anyone effortlessly. Find DoNotPay in any web browser and check out our impressive pool of features!
We can help you:
- Deal with credit card issues
- Cancel subscriptions or memberships
- Dispute traffic tickets
- Jump the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fight speeding tickets
- Get revenge on robocalls
- Apply for clinical trials all over the world
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Get refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Contest parking tickets
- Deal with bills you are unable to pay
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Get refunds from companies
- Free yourself from spam mail forever
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Get rid of spam texts