West Virginia Packages for Inmates—All the Info in One Place
Sometimes sending letters to inmates or visiting them isn’t enough to show your incarcerated loved ones how much you care about them. Inmate packages with some familiar products they normally don’t have access to can make them feel better.
There are rules and regulations about prison packages that have to be followed, and they depend on the facility and state where the inmate is housed. You can check out the specifics for the following states here:
Prisons in West Virginia have their own set of requirements that must be met when you want to surprise a convict with a care package.
Important Facts About West Virginia Packages for Inmates
You can’t put a bunch of products and items in a box and ship it to a correctional facility. Even though you know an inmate would love getting certain brands of food, cosmetics, or clothing items, they have to be on the pre-approved list to be delivered.
The West Virginia Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation has a list of approved vendors that can make and deliver packages to inmates.
If you wish to send a care package to a convict serving their sentence in West Virginia, you can choose between:
What You Should Know About Sending Packages to Inmates in WV via Union Supply
Union Supply offers seasonal package programs for inmates in West Virginia. You may place one order per inmate, and there is no weight limit for packages. The price of packages goes from $15 to $150, and you will have to add $5 for shipping.
All products you can find on Union Supply’s website are approved by the West Virginia Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation, so you won’t have to worry about your package getting returned or confiscated.
Union Supply allows you to browse for care packages according to categories, such as:
When the package arrives, the convict needs to check the items for any damages caused by shipping. If they realize something is wrong with the order, they should let the unit manager know to enable the exchange of products.
Union Supply won’t refund, return, or exchange items that were used and thus damaged.
If you have any questions about an order you’d like to place, you may contact Union Supply in two ways:
- Via email at email@example.com
- Via mail at Union Supply Direct, Attention: Customer Service, Dept 104, P.O. Box 9018 Rancho Dominguez, CA 90224-9018
What You Should Know About Sending Packages to Inmates in WV via Access Securepak
If you opt to send a care package to an inmate in West Virginia via Securepak, you can place your orders in three ways:
- Over the phone by calling 1-800-546-6283
- Via mail at Access Securepak (VA), 10880 Linpage Place, St. Louis, MO 63132
You may send more packages at once and spend as much as $125 per inmate. You will also need to add $2.95 for the processing fee.
The inmate has to check the items in the package and notify the facility administration if anything is damaged or missing. Access Securepak will grant refunds only if the jail staff reports any discrepancy. Anything the inmate’s friends or family report won’t be taken into account. The staff will have to send the damaged package within 30 days for Access Securepak to exchange it.
Securepak also allows you to track the status of the order in the following ways:
- Online by entering the inmate’s number or the confirmation number
- Via live chat
- By calling 1-800-546-6283
- By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Live chat customer service reps are available from Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 11:59 p.m., and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. You may call them at any time of the day if you wish to reach their automated system.
How Can You Pay for Your WV Inmate Package Orders From Access Securepak and Union Supply?
If you decide to place an order for a West Virginia inmate care package from these two vendors, you won’t be able to pay in cash. What types of payment are allowed for Union Supply and Access Securepak? Take a look at the table below:
|Type of Payment||Can You Use It for Union Supply Orders?||Can You Use It for Access Securepak Orders?|
If you decide to pay for your order with a credit card, you will need to provide the vendors with the following info:
- Card number
- Expiration date
- CVV code
- Card holder’s name
- Phone number
Find an Inmate in a Matter of Minutes With DoNotPay
In case you want to send a package to an inmate but are not sure what correctional facility they are held in, you can count on DoNotPay to find them. Knowing the exact address of the convict is also necessary if you want to write to them.
Follow these simple steps to locate your imprisoned friend:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Find and open the Connect With an Inmate option
- Click on the Locate Someone feature
- Type the convict’s full name
- Enter the state where the inmate is being held
- Click on Proceed
DoNotPay will give you their location, so you can enjoy convos with your prison pen pal.
Send a Personalized Letter to a Convict With DoNotPay
DoNotPay has a way of delivering inmate mail that doesn’t include stressing about tedious and complicated steps like addressing the letter properly. Sending messages to convicts has never been easier. All you need to do is:
- Access DoNotPay
- Select the Connect With an Inmate category
- Pick the Send a Personalized Letter option
- Type in the inmate’s name and ID number
- Draft your message
- Upload and attach photos
If you like, you may also choose a neat template for your letter. In case you’d like to receive letters from the inmate in addition to sending them, you should:
- Go to the Connect With an Inmate section
- Click on Create a Virtual Mailbox
Those two steps will ensure you find mail from your incarcerated loved ones in your Virtual Mailbox. This is how it works:
- The convict needs to send a letter to our address
- We make the letter digital when we receive it
- We send the digital message to your Virtual Mailbox
Other Administrative Tasks DoNotPay Can Help You Tackle
DoNotPay’s field of expertise is vast, and we can solve your administrative problems in no time. Access DoNotPay from a web browser and explore the features we offer. You can count on us if you want to:
- Get revenge on annoying robocalls
- Find unclaimed money under your name
- Try new services without phone verification
- Overturn your traffic tickets
- Request refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Fight your parking tickets
- Get refunds and chargebacks from companies
- Block text spam forever
- Terminate any subscription or membership
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Appeal your speeding tickets
- Manage bills you are unable to pay
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Protect yourself and your loved ones from stalking and harassment
- Find and apply for clinical trials
- Jump the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Deal with credit card issues
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Get rid of spam emails once and for all
- Schedule a DMV appointment in no time
- Get in touch with your incarcerated loved ones