How To Get A Virtual Number For WhatsApp In A Breeze
WhatsApp is the number 1 messaging app worldwide, with over 2 billion active users each month. Needless to say, it’s a great way outside of Facebook and Instagram for businesses to communicate with customers.
But suppose you plan to create two accounts on WhatsApp — one for you and one for customer support, but only have one phone number to work with? How is that possible?
DoNotPay has a simple solution to this! Proceed onwards to learn how to get a virtual number for WhatsApp.
Why Do I Need A Virtual Phone Number For WhatsApp?
WhatsApp requires each user to sign up with their phone number. The company claims that a phone number is required to limit the number of bots or dummy accounts, and the number serves as a unique identifier to other users. For example, if you have two people in your contact list named “James Smith”, they can be discerned by their phone numbers.
Here’s how phone verification for WhatsApp works:
- You enter your phone number during the account creation process.
- WhatsApp gives you a text message containing a registration code.
- You enter the registration code during the account creation process and are verified to use the app.
WhatsApp currently prohibits the use of one phone number to create multiple accounts, so if you already are using a landline or VoIP phone number for WhatsApp, you can’t use that number unless you delete that account.
How Do I Get A WhatsApp VoIP Number?
If you’re running a business, a VoIP phone service is something you’ll often get recommended. A VoIP service places calls with an internet connection as opposed to a traditional landline, and that also includes an additional phone number that can send and receive text messages as well as work on phones, computers, or tablets.
Fortunately, you won’t need a machine, phone, or other piece of equipment just to obtain a VoIP number. You just need to pay a subscription from a VoIP provider.
However if you’re looking to simply get a VoIP service just to obtain a WhatsApp virtual phone number, there are some things you need to know beforehand:
- A VoIP phone number costs at least $10 per month, which may not be worth it for just a one-time task like phone verification.
- Certain phone numbers from VoIP providers can come with security issues, meaning your calls and texts may be more prone to hacking than less prone.
What Other Ways Can I Obtain A WhatsApp Virtual Number?
If getting a VoIP number is too demanding or too risky for you to try, there are multiple other alternatives to create a second account on WhatsApp. They are as follows:
|Cheap Costs||100% Working/Unused Number||Fast SMS Response Time||Additional AI Services|
|Borrow a friend, family member, or employee’s number.||✓|
|Buy a burner phone.||✓||✓|
|Download a fake phone number app.||✓|
|Sign up with .||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Does DoNotPay Live Up To The Hype?
offers working WhatsApp numbers any time you need them. Simply pay a cheap, fixed rate per month and nothing more!
Here’s how to sign up with WhatsApp using a DoNotPay number:
- Register your DoNotPay account and click on the “Burner Phone product”.
- Type WhatsApp in the field and click on “Create a temporary number.”
- Copy and paste the number in the field on the WhatsApp registration page.
- Check your phone for a text message containing the WhatsApp registration code.
- Copy and paste the code in the field on the WhatsApp registration page.
And you’re done! You can now start filling out your address book and send and receive messages, either on your phone or with the web browser client.
Can I Unlink My WhatsApp Number?
Unfortunately, there is no way as of this writing to unlink your primary phone number or switch it with a fake phone number on WhatsApp.
There are many services that allow you to do this, and strongly recommends doing so wherever and whenever you can so that corporations don’t have the chance to sell your data.
The only way you can make your primary phone number vacant is by deleting the WhatsApp account associated with it. You can do this by opening your WhatsApp app or web client, then going to “Settings”, then “Account”, then “Delete My Account”. If you do decide to delete your account to free up your number, there are many ways you can save and import your chat history and contacts before you wipe it clean.
What Else Can DoNotPay Provide For My Business?
Apart from providing your business with a temporary phone number, DoNotPay has various tools and resources that aren’t available from other competitors.
Sign up with DoNotPay and let our tailored AI technology help your business with:
- Protecting your work from copyright infringement
- Making money on Amazon
- Suing other companies in small claims court
- Signing up for Amazon Associates
- Applying for small business loans
- Recovering a hacked account
- Getting help with paying bills online
- Removing negative reviews and pictures