Buy a Phone Number for SMS Verification That Works
From online banking to subscription services, loads of companies are requiring SMS verification these days. While the goal is to protect you, not everyone feels comfortable sharing their cell phone information online. With DoNotPay, it 's possible to enjoy your privacy and have account security all at the same time. We're a safe, cost-effective way to buy a phone number for SMS verification. Here's what you need to know.
Why People Use Burner Phones for SMS Verification
SMS verification has become more common, but so have the issues surrounding it. Allowing to means you must trust the other party enough to provide your personal contact information. This can leave you vulnerable in several ways.
|Personal Information||Other users could extract your personal information and begin stalking or harassing you|
|Data Breach||Companies might sell your data to others, leaving you to deal with spam or robocalls. A data breach could allow your info to fall into the wrong hands.|
When it comes to online privacy, you can never be too careful. So how can you be sure the SMS verifications that are designed to protect you do not wind up hurting you instead? Some people resort to using burner phones, which is a rather expensive way to buy a phone number for SMS verification. Here at DoNotPay, we believe we have a better solution.
Why Do Companies Insist on SMS Verification?
Companies these days are largely concerned with data breaches. Data breaches are costly, and can virtually ruin a business's reputation. Most companies would rather not risk data breaches, and have implemented SMS verification as an extra measure of protection.
SMS Verification Is Not Foolproof
Just because a company uses SMS verification does not mean information cannot be hacked. But it does provide organizations with a legal defense in the event sensitive data does wind up being breached.
Can You Get Around Doing SMS Verification?
Unfortunately, the majority of companies out there will not let you "opt out" of SMS verification. Accordingly, you have two options:
- Continue using your cell phone number and hope for the best.
- Allow DoNotPay to provide you with a secure, temporary phone number instead.
Avoid Using Your Phone for SMS Verification
Businesses may feel good about using SMS verification, but that doesn 't mean their customers always do. People will often go out of their way to avoid disclosing their personal telephone numbers. There are several ways in which individuals do so, such as:
- Buying a burner or throwaway phone
- Using a friend or family member's device
- Searching the Internet for "fake phone numbers to verify SMS"
- Using Google Voice
Potential Issues With SMS Verification
Several things can go wrong when you are attempting SMS verification with a service other than DoNotPay. For example:
- Certain sites such as Twitter have banned free phone number websites (but DoNotPay still works!)
- It's impossible to receive an SMS code if your phone is lost or stolen
- You may not receive the code if you have activated the Do Not Disturb feature or do not have an internet connection
- Some services may not send the verification code as promised
- Some fake phone number apps are not secure or may collect and sell your private information
Use DoNotPay to Verify SMS Without a Phone
With DoNotPay, you can use our burner phone feature to sign up for new services or even . Just follow these steps:
- Go to the DoNotPay burner phone product and open it up.
- Select the company you would like to receive a message from.
- Click "create a temporary number." This prompts DoNotPay to generate a new burner number that is good for one-time use only.
- Receive a text message with the fake phone number you requested.
- Use your new temporary phone number right away. The text message is deleted after ten minutes, at which time the number will also be deactivated.
About DoNotPay 's Virtual Credit Card
If you're concerned about giving out your phone number online, you probably have reservations about using your credit card also. Our virtual credit card resolves many of the same issues while safeguarding your financial resources. With a virtual credit card you can:
- Sign up for free trials and never have to worry about canceling
- Ensure no one gains access to your banking or credit card information
- Set maximum charge limits for even greater control
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
As the world 's first robot lawyer, DoNotPay aims to level the playing field between the average citizen and big government or corporations. Aside from letting you buy a phone number for SMS verification, a few other things we can help you do include:
- Clinical trial applications
- Fighting parking tickets
- Handling bills you can't pay
- Discovering any unclaimed funds in your name
- Obtaining refunds and/or compensation for flight cancellations or delays
- Reaching loved ones in prison
- Obtaining refunds
- Getting even with robocallers
- Permanently stopping spam emails
- Taking your case to small claims court
You no longer have to choose between privacy and account security. Buy a phone number for SMS verification from DoNotPay and enjoy both.