How to Handle a Vehicle Registration Renewal in McAllen, TX
When it comes to running errands, no one enjoys making time for trips to the DMV. Not only do you often have to take hours out of your day to handle business at the DMV, but it can be frustrating to make it to the end of the line only to realize that you don't have all the paperwork that you need - or worse, that the DMV is now closed for the day. Still, it is a legal requirement to complete your McAllen, TX vehicle registration renewal on time.
Fortunately, DoNotPay has made it easy to do your McAllen, TX vehicle registration renewal from the comfort of your home. With our easy AI, you can answer a few simple questions, submit a form, and get your registration done in a snap.
How to Renew Your McAllen Vehicle Registration on Your Own
There are a few ways you can renew your vehicle registration on your own. Here are three of the most common methods:
Renew Your Vehicle Registration In-Person
If you want to renew your McAllen, TX vehicle registration in person at the DMV, you will need to prepare ahead of time. Make sure that you have your renewal registration notice and proof of current insurance, as well as a method of payment. You will need to schedule a time to visit the DMV that won't conflict with work or other scheduled projects, since it can take several hours or more if you choose to renew your registration via this method.
It is much faster to renew your registration online than in-person. To renew online, visit this website and enter the requested information. You will receive a $1 discount for renewing your McAllen vehicle registration online. You can renew up to 90 days before the expiration date, but you should allow up to three weeks for processing and delivery of your renewal sticker.
Renew Your Car Registration by Mail
Finally, you can renew your vehicle registration by mail. To register by mail, send the following items to the address listed on the paper renewal form that you received in the mail:
- Renewal notice
- Copy of your Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR)
- Proof of current liability insurance
- And payment for the fees listed on the renewal notice
You should allow several weeks for processing, and some additional time before you will be receiving the new registration sticker in the mail.
How Much Does it Cost to Renew Your Vehicle Registration?
- Cars and light trucks - $50.75
- Pickup trucks - $54 base fee
- Heavy vehicles - based on weight classification
- Trailers - $45 for a trailer up to 6,000 pounds
- Motorcycles and mopeds - $30
Other Fees to Know About:
- Registration fee (dependent on vehicle type) - $51. 75
- Local fee - $10
- Inspection fee - $7.50
- Processing and handling fee - $4.75
Additional fees might apply to any vehicle renewal registration fee. If you have any doubts about a fee that is listed on your registration renewal notice, you can reach out directly to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles at 1-888-368-4689. Be prepared to sit on hold for a while, since the Texas DMV deals with a high number of calls daily.
Use DoNotPay to Easily Renew Your McAllen, TX Vehicle Registration
Renewing your vehicle registration in McAllen on your own can be exhausting and time-consuming, to say the least. If you want some help with the process of renewing your vehicle registration while avoiding pesky late fees as well as lengthy DMV lines, turn to DoNotPay. Our system is the easiest way to renew vehicle registrations without all the hassle.
If you want to renew your car registration but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in just 5 easy steps:
- Go to the Renew Car Registrations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your current vehicle, including the license plate number, vehicle identification number, make and model, etc.
- Verify your identity with a state driver's license and registration documents.
- Decide how long you want to extend the renewal for (if your state offers multiple options)
- Pay the registration fee (or let us automatically calculate it if you aren't sure).
DoNotPay can help you get your car registration renewed across all 50 states below:
It's that simple. DoNotPay understands that you have a busy life and that standing in line at the DMV isn't always realistic for everyone. By renewing your registration with DoNotPay, you are saving yourself time and money.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You With?
Have questions about what else DoNotPay can help you with? Check out these topics and solutions and learn about all the ways that DoNotPay can make your life easier:
- How much is a vehicle registration fee?
- Learn about vehicle registration renewal
- Car registration renewal information
Join DoNotPay today and let us handle the work for you!