Complete Your Nebraska Car Registration Renewal Within Minutes
All motor vehicles driven on Nebraska roads must be registered by the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles. The validity period for a Nebraska car registration license is one year, after which it is subject to renewal.
Driving without a car registration or expired registration license is an offense, punishable by fines. To renew your Nebraska car registration takes time. It's important to start the process early enough before your current registration expires to avoid penalties. DoNotPay can help you renew your car registration within minutes, so you don't have to wait for a drawn-out processing time.
What Do I Need to Renew My Car Registration in Nebraska?
To renew your motor vehicle registration in Nebraska, you need to provide the following documents:
- Current registration certificate
- Original copy of a valid insurance certificate
- Payment receipt/check/money order payable to DMV
- Copy of lease agreement (for leased vehicles)
- Valid US identification document (ID, driver's license, passport)
- Proof of power of attorney (if you're applying for someone else)
How to Renew a Car Registration in Nebraska
If you own a vehicle in Nebraska, a personal, shared, company vehicle, or public service, you need to renew your registration license before it expires. There are three options for renewing your vehicle registration in Nebraska:
1. Online Registration
Visit the Nebraska DMV website to renew your vehicle registration online. Fill out the following information on the online form:
- Your name
- Vehicle registration number
- Mailing address
- Proof of payment
Once your information is verified, your registration certificate will be mailed to you. Processing time can take up to 2 weeks and an additional 5-7 business days for shipping.
2. Via Mail
Before your current registration expires, you'll receive a vehicle registration renewal notice. To renew your registration via mail, fill out the renewal notice and attach the required documents including proof of payment. Mail the documents to the address indicated at the bottom of your renewal notice.
Visit a DMV office near you to renew your Nebraska vehicle registration. Provide an identification document and all required registration renewal documents and make the payment.
Acceptable payment methods at the Nebraska DMV offices include:
- Debit cards- $2.95 convenience fee
- Credit cards- 2.49% service fee
- Mail order
What’s the Cost of Renewing a Car Registration in Nebraska?
Vehicle registration renewal fees in Nebraska are as follows:
- Registration fee- $20
- Motor vehicle tax- Valued at initial registration based on manufacturer's retail price and expires after 14 years
- Motor vehicle fee- Calculated based on your vehicle's value, weight, and use
- Alternative fuel fee- Applicable of your vehicle is powered by energy sources other than those listed in motor fuel laws
What’s the Penalty for Driving With an Expired Registration License in Nebraska?
Nebraska vehicle registration certificates are valid for 12 months. Apply for your license registration renewal before your certificate expires.
Driving with an expired vehicle registration license attracts the following fines:
- $25- Up to 20 days overdue
- $35- 21 to 30 days overdue
- $50- 31 to 40 days overdue
- $100- 41 to 50 days overdue
- $200- over 51 days overdue
Renew your Nebraska vehicle registration license with DoNotPay to avoid late processing and fines associated with driving with an expired license.
How to Renew Your Nebraska Car Registration With the Help of DoNotPay
Renewing your Nebraska car registration has never been easier. You don't have to wait for hours to get your license processed. DoNotPay can help you process your license within minutes.
If you want to renew your car registration but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 5 easy steps:
- Go to the Renew Car Registrations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your current vehicle, including the license plate number, vehicle identification number, make and model, etc.
- Verify your identity with a state driver's license and registration documents.
- Decide how long you want to extend the renewal for (if your state offers multiple options).
- Pay the registration fee (or let us automatically calculate it if you aren't sure).
DoNotPay can help you get your car registration renewed across all 50 states below:
Why Use DoNotPay to Renew Your Car Registration in Nebraska?
Renewing your motor vehicle license registration is a long and tedious process that can take several days and up to weeks to get processed. DoNotPay works with all companies, entities, and government institutions to grant you access to all documentation within one platform. Save yourself precious time and sign up with DoNotPay to renew your registration license within minutes.