Arizona Car Registration Renewal Guidelines
Renewing your Arizona car registration can be a bit frustrating if you're not quite sure what you're doing. If you do know what you're doing, then the most frustrating part will be waiting for what could be hours in a long line at the DMV. So, how can you make the process easier?
DoNotPay is one of the fastest and easiest ways to handle renewing your car registration in Arizona. There aren't any hidden fees associated with it as there may be with others who tell you they'll handle the process for you; DoNotPay genuinely is only there to help.
How to Renew Your Car Registration in Arizona
While the process may not seem hard at first glance, don't forget about all the work that you'll actually be putting into it. Arizona does a few methods of renewing your car registration, though, including:
- Over the phone at 1-888-713-3031 (automated system)
- Paying cash at one of Arizona's CheckFreePay Locations
- Authorized third-party office
The easiest way to renew your car registration in Arizona is online, of course, but not everyone has the option to do that. Not to mention, the website can be confusing to navigate, as most government-regulated websites are.
To renew your Arizona car registration online, follow these steps:
- Complete an emissions check if needed
- Go to the renewal page of the MVD
- Enter the number located on your current registration (or renewal notice)
- Enter the last 2 numbers of your VIN
- Confirm the information
- Pay the renewal fee
- Print your receipt (optional, but recommended)
For the other three methods of Arizona car registration renewal:
After completing the emissions check (if needed), call the number provided above. You'll be prompted to enter your information and then pay the renewal fee.
Follow the instructions on your renewal notice and return the paperwork.
Have your MVD renewal notice, proof of car insurance, and payment method ready.
You have to ask yourself which method will best fit your needs, but all of them can be nearly as frustrating as the next. When it comes to renewing by phone, it's harder to confirm the information given to the automated system. Renewing your registration by mail comes with the possibility of your form getting lost or stolen, and renewing it in person could mean standing in line for a very long time. And, if you don't know the website too well, you could spend a large amount of time just trying to navigate it in order to pay your fees. Is all of that trouble really worth it to you?
How Much Does It Cost to Renew Your Car Registration in Arizona?
As with most states, the cost of car registration renewal depends on the vehicle and what it's used for. Here is a breakdown of the fees associated with vehicle registration:
- Initial Vehicle Registration Fee: Between $4.50 - $9.00 for a passenger vehicle
- Late Fee (if applicable): $4 for each month past due
- Public Safety Fee: $32.00 for each annual renewal
- Air Quality Fee: $1.50 plus an addition $0.25 depending on your location
- Third-Party Registration Fee: $12.00
What Do I Need to Renew My Car Registration
To renew your car registration in Arizona, you'll typically only need the following:
- Driver's license
- Last two-four digits on your vehicle's VIN number
- Current emission reading
How Often Do You Need to Renew Your Car Registration in Arizona
Arizona allows you to choose between renewing your car registration for one, two, or five years at a time.
Residents who are already registered to drive in Arizona must renew their registration once a year; certain registrations must be renewed by the end of the month in which they were issued, while others have a deadline of the 15th. In Arizona, car registration is valid for one or two years; check your registration to see which applies to your vehicle.
Renew Your Arizona Car Registration With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is a website that essentially functions as your personal online lawyer. It's the easiest way to renew your car registration in Arizona without having to leave the comfort of your home or putting in too much extra work. It even works across all 50 states in America!
How to renew your car registration using DoNotPay:
If you want to renew your car registration but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 5 easy steps:
- Go to the Renew Car Registrations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your current vehicle, including the license plate number, vehicle identification number, make and model, etc.
- Verify your identity with a state driver's license and registration documents.
- Decide how long you want to extend the renewal for (if your state offers multiple options).
- Pay the registration fee (or let us automatically calculate it if you aren't sure).
DoNotPay can help you get your car registration renewed across all 50 states below:
Why Use DoNotPay to Renew Your Arizona Car Registration
Why wouldn't you want to take the easy route and have someone do it for you? You could save so much extra time by utilizing this fast, easy, and successful service for almost any of your problems, including renewing your .
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do almost anything for you. From canceling free trials to retrieving your birth certificate, DoNotPay is the perfect service to use in your daily life for all your issues. Aside from renewing your Arizona car registration, DoNotPay can also help with parking tickets, disputing seatbelt tickets, and notarizing any document. Don't miss out on the opportunity to take advantage of this service.