Complete Guide for Alabama Car Registration Renewal
Alabama Car registration renewal before the expiration date is mandatory for car owners in the state. Renewing your car registration is essential. It acts as proof of ownership and makes it easier to transfer ownership should you decide to dispose of the vehicle on the market. Although car registration in Alabama can be done online, not every county in the state offers online registration, while some counties will charge additional fees to renew online. You may thus find yourself queuing up at the Motor Vehicle Division, which is time- consuming and frustrating.
However, there are avenues to resolve this issue, and it entails signing up for DoNotPay's car registration renewal product.
How to Renew Your Car Registration in Alabama
To renew your vehicle registration in Alabama, you must first determine the month the car registration expires. Most counties in the state send renewal notices before the due date. The notice contains details about the vehicle, such as the PIN for online renewal and the amount charged in the renewal fee.
You can renew your vehicle registration in Alabama in the following ways:
- By mail
Renew Your Car Registration Online
- Visit the Alabama e-services page to the Motor Vehicle Online Tag registration.
- Select your county from the list
- Click the "Renew an Automobile button."
- Enter your renewal service number
- Type in your license plate number
- Pay the registration fee
- Print the receipt for record-keeping.
Renew Your Vehicle in Person
Visit your local title office with the required registration documents, the driver's license, and payment for the renewal.
Renew Alabama Car Registration by Mail
- Complete all the required documents
- Include a check payable to your local county treasurer
- Mail your documents and payment to the address of your local county treasurer's office
Queuing to renew your vehicle registration makes the simple process time-consuming. To undertake the process by mail, you will need to contact your local tag and title office to obtain their address, which means spending time on the phone and a trip to the post office. The state's online registration service is also not as straightforward.
Through its car registration renewal product, DoNotPay seeks to ensure that you can conduct the whole process without having to leave your house.
How Much Does It Cost to Renew Your Car Registration?
Renewing a vehicle registration in Alabama will require you to pay different types of fees, such as a penalty fee is applicable and an agency fee if renewed through an agency. It usually costs between $ 65 and $ 73 to register a passenger vehicle, pickup truck, or motorcycle. However, depending on your county and other factors, the state fee can range between $20 and $ 500. A fee of $ 15 and 12% annualized interest also applies for late payments.
What Do I Need to Renew My Car Registration in Alabama?
You need the following documents to renew a car license in Alabama.
- An Alabama driver's license
- Your vehicle's plate number
- Your vehicle's identification number
- Renewal fees
- Form MV 40-12-265-1.
How Often Do You Need to Renew Your Car Registration in Alabama?
Vehicle registration must be renewed annually in Alabama. A remainder is mailed to the last known address at the beginning of the scheduled renewal month. You should notify your local Tag and Title office if you have changed your address since your last renewal. If you have not been notified, the first letter of your last name determines your scheduled renewal month, as shown below.
- January: A and D
- February: B
- March: C and E
- April: F, G, and N
- May: H and O
- June: M and I
- July: P and L
- August: J, K, and R
- September: Q, S, and T
- October: U through Z
- November : All commercial, fleet, and leased vehicles.
Alabama Vehicle Registration Renewal Using DoNotPay
In-person registration renewal trips to the DMV are not an occasion that excites anyone, nor is resetting a password you have forgotten because you have not used the site in a while, something you look forward to.
However, DoNotPay can resolve your car renewal registration issues by following these steps:
- Go to the Renew Car Registrations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your current vehicle, including the license plate number, vehicle identification number, make and model, etc.
- Verify your identity with a state driver's license and registration documents.
- Decide how long you want to extend the renewal for (if your state offers multiple options).
- Pay the registration fee (or let us automatically calculate it if you aren't sure).
DoNotPay Works Across All States
DoNotPay's car registration works not only in Alabama but also in the rest of 49 states.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Other than the car registration renewal, DoNotPay can also do the following for you.
- Appeal parking tickets in any city
- Dispute seatbelt tickets
- Schedule appointments with the DMV
- Standardized legal document
Have any of the above issues or others? Sign up with DoNotPay to get fast, easy, and successful services.