Get a Udemy Refund in the Blink of an Eye
Udemy is an American on-demand online learning platform that offers courses from a broad scope of disciplines. Even though it is not accredited, it aims to help students develop skills and knowledge that will be an asset in their workplace or further studies.
But, what should you do if you paid a great deal of money for a course you are not pleased with? Should you make your peace with it or request a refund? Read on and see what we suggest.
What Is the Udemy Refund Policy?
If the company decides to compensate you with credits, they will be automatically directed towards your next purchase on the website. The credits won’t be eligible for purchases made on the phone or TV applications.
Should you decide to request a refund of a course for whatever reason, the following rules apply:
- You can ask for a refund within 30 days of your purchase
- You can’t get a refund if you exceed the 30-day limit unless the purchased course is disabled for policy and legal reasons
- In cases of suspected or confirmed fraud, the company reserves the right to refund students beyond the 30-day window
If you are abusing the refund policy in any way, Udemy reserves the right to deny your refund, suspend your account, or restrict your future use of the Services. You will not be eligible for a refund if your account is banned or access to a course is disabled due to violations of the terms laid out in Trust & Safety Guidelines.
The examples of policy abuse are:
- Requesting a refund for a course that you have already consumed
- Claiming a refund for a course that you have already gotten a refund for
DoNotPay Can Help You Get Your Udemy Refund
You are not getting your refund back? Let DoNotPay, the first robot lawyer in the world, settle the matter for you.
If you have already requested a refund for your courses, but Udemy has denied it or made you wait for too long, we will be happy to jump in and help.
All you should do is follow these steps:
- Open DoNotPay in your
- Tap Get Protected under File a Chargeback
- Enter the details pertaining to your bank and the company you are requesting a refund from
- Decide whether you want a dispute letter to be sent on your behalf
- Verify your request and submit
As soon as you submit your request to DoNotPay, we will contact your financial institution and enclose all the relevant VISA and Mastercard codes and regulations to make your case ironclad. If you’d rather have us contact Udemy first, we will oblige.
How to Request a Udemy Course Refund on My Own?
If you decide to request a course refund on your own, you can either contact their support team or do it directly via the course player.
Can You Request a Refund Via
|Yes / No|
Open the course player or the support team page, select Request a refund, and follow the instructions. You are expected to provide:
- The course URL
- Your email
- The reason you are requesting a refund
You should be patient as it may take up to ten business days (sometimes even more) to process the request.
How Long Will I Have to Wait for My Udemy Refund?
Once Udemy has received and processed your refund request, they will send your funds back, though it could take some time.
On average, it should take five to ten business days for the funds to show in your bank account. Depending on your financial institution, it can sometimes take up to 30 days.
If it’s been more than ten days since your refund request was processed, you should inquire about your refund status with your bank. In case the money still doesn’t show on your bank statement, you should contact the Udemy support service.
Should the refund payment take more than 30 days to be processed and show in your bank account, contact the Udemy support service directly.
What Is the Udemy Refund Payment Method?
According to Udemy’s Refund Policy, the original payment method you used to pay for the courses applies to refunds as well.
In case your purchase transaction is not eligible for a cash refund, the company will grant you Udemy credits as long as you meet the 30-day refund policy.
Note that some purchase transactions are only eligible for credit refunds.
The following are credit-only transactions:
- Bank and cash transfer purchases
- iOS purchases
- Boleto Bancário purchases
- Alfamart or Indomaret purchases
Why Was My Udemy Refund Request Denied?
Udemy reserves the right to deny your refund request. To protect the instructors from fraud and provide them with payment 30 days after the instruction, they will not process any refund request beyond the refund window.
The following are the reasons for a refund rejection:
- Violation of the 30-day request window
- Complete course content was downloaded
- Abuse of the refund policy
What About My Third-Party Vendor Purchases?
If you buy a course through a third-party vendor, Udemy won’t be able to process your request as they don’t have the original transaction on file.
Should this be the case, contact your third-party vendor directly or reach out to DoNotPay for help.
A Money-Saving Hack: Never Buy Through Udemy App
Yes, you can buy Udemy courses on their website and through their applications.
But, have you noticed that the prices of the courses are different across platforms? If not, feel free to check.
Most of the time, your chosen course will be less expensive if you buy it on the website when the web browser is in incognito mode.
The bottom line is that you should keep your eyes wide open and never buy Udemy courses at the list price.
Get Your Way With DoNotPay
The sole purpose of DoNotPay is to make your daily life easier and less stressful. Worrying about getting a refund for the Audible titles you find unsatisfactory, the delayed flights with United Airlines, or DoorDash bad service is now the thing of the past.
If you see your money streamed towards services you don’t want to subscribe to after a free trial period, be it Chegg or Avast, we will help you get it back and offer you our virtual credit card, so that you can enjoy free trials without the fear of unwanted subscriptions.
Just sit back and chillax, and we will do the following for you:
- Shield you from stalking and harassment
- Challenge speeding tickets
- Dispute traffic tickets
- Contest parking tickets
- Manage bills you are unable to pay
- Help you sue companies and individuals in small claims court
- Resolve issues with credit cards
- Schedule a DMV appointment efficiently
- Cancel subscriptions and memberships
- Get reimbursement for delayed or canceled flights
- Get compensation for robocalls
- Skip the phone queue when calling customer service
- Get refunds from other companies
You can register a DoNotPay account via your anytime.