DoNotPay Makes You Stunned With an Audible Refund
Audible is an Amazon-owned subscription service that produces and sells audio information, entertainment, and education content. It offers products ranging from digital audiobooks to audio newspapers, and everything in between.
The most expensive Audible title at the moment is Charles Dickens’ “Our Mutual Friend,” priced at $107.09. So, how do you get a refund if you realize you are not a Dickens fan only after you have purchased the book?
What Is the Audible Cancelation Refund Policy?
Audible’s Conditions of Use state that should you cancel your subscription or membership, you won’t get a refund of any paid fees. Audible will terminate your member benefits when your membership is canceled, but you will still have your license and access to purchased content.
Even though Audible is pretty adamant regarding the no-refund cancelation policy, there is an exception to this rule. At their discretion, Audible reserves the right to terminate anyone’s membership without notice. They will allow you a prorated refund for the remaining membership days that you won’t use on condition that you do not infringe the Terms or any applicable laws, commit fraud, or use the Service to the detriment of the company or other users.
What Makes Me Eligible for an Audible Refund?
According to Audible Exchange Policy, you can return or exchange your book and request a refund within 12 months of purchase. That said, each active member is eligible for a refund for a limited number of times.
At their discretion, Audible reserves the right to limit the number of returns and refunds allowed to each member if they suspect that the member is abusing the benefits ensured by the Exchange Policy.
They can also revoke the member’s right to return a book altogether.
Eligibility for a book refund ends immediately after the membership cancelation or due to the inability to maintain membership in good standing.
Non-members can return and refund two titles every six months by contacting Audible here.
For more information about the Audible refund, you can check the Audible Help Center.
Why Is My Title Labeled Not eligible for return?
Audiobooks can be returned only a certain number of times using the online tool. Should you see Not eligible for return indication next to your title, you can contact Customer Service to process your return or find substitute titles for you to listen to.
Can I Get a Refund on My Audible Credits?
Credits are valid for 12 months after they are issued, but as they have no cash value, they are non-refundable.
DoNotPay Puts the Money Back Into Your Pocket
If you believe that Audible mistreated you and wrongfully denied your refund request, do not despair! We understand your anger, but there is a way for you to right the wrong. DoNotPay can help you cancel your Audible subscription or request a refund in no time.
- Click Chargeback Instantly
- Provide information about your payment method and the bank
- When prompted to add the merchant, type in Audible
- Answer other questions regarding your case with as many details as possible
- Verify your signature and submit the request
Once we’ve collected all the necessary information from you, our DoNotPay team will reach out to your bank and request your money back. We will provide all relevant citations of VISA and Mastercard codes and regulations to bolster your case.
Should you rather sidestep the bank, we can contact Audible directly on your behalf, which will serve as evidence if you decide to assert your claims in small claims court.
Note that Audible aims to settle all disputes by binding arbitration, rather than in court. It means that the matter is handled without the actual trial.
How to Request an Audible Refund on My Own?
Audible has automated a refund request process for customers. First, you have to request a return, and then your refund will be automatically processed according to the payment method you used for purchase. Regrettably, there is no way to request an Audible refund via the application. You can only access the Audible webpage from a browser on any of your devices. There are three ways you can return it yourself:
- Desktop site
- Mobile site
- Email, chat, or phone (facilitated through the Customer Support Service at Audible.com)
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
Desktop-Site Return and Refund
- Go for Purchase History on the left-hand side of the page
- Click Return Title next to the title you want to return
- Tick the reason for returning the title
- Confirm by clicking Return Title
Once you have returned your book, you will receive a confirmation on the screen indicating the return was successful.
Mobile-Site Return and Refund
- Go to www.audible.com on your device and log on to your account
- Click Menu and then My Account
- Go for Purchase History
- Tap on the book you want to return
- Click Return
- Select the reason for returning the book
- Confirm by tapping Return
You will receive a confirmation that the return was successful.
Return and Refund via Email, Phone, or Chat
- Contact Customer Support Service
- Provide your credentials (when prompted)
- Ask the customer representative for a return
You will get a notification regarding the status of your request via email.
How Long Will It Take to Get My Audible Refund?
If you qualify for a refund, the time window to get one depends on the payment method.
Audible has a strict policy—you will be refunded to the same payment method you used to purchase the title:
- Titles paid with credits are refunded with credits
- Titles purchased with coupons are refunded with coupons
- Titles bought with a credit card are refunded with cash credited back to your bank account
|Refund Time Window|
Immediately upon return
|7–10 business days|
|Other Payment Methods|
7–10 business days
Note that if you want to return multiple audiobooks purchased with a credit card, each title returned is treated as a separate transaction. It means that you will get an individual refund for each title within the allotted time window.
DoNotPay Prompts Your Hooray
Are you being harassed by a stalker? Do you want to learn how to stop them? Are you considering getting a restraining order against them? Do you have problems getting a refund for flight tickets with Delta, Southwest, or American Airlines? Or maybe you need some help with getting your money back from Xbox, eBay, or Amazon?
- Cancel subscriptions and memberships for you
- Fix credit card problems
- Safeguard from stalking and harassment
- Procure refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Bring down fraudulent robocalls
- Manage bills you cannot pay
- Get refunds from other companies
- Contest parking tickets
- Fight people and companies in small claims court
- Fix a DMV appointment quickly and easily
- Fight traffic tickets
- Skip the customer service phone queue
- Challenge speeding tickets