Dispute Transactions With SunTrust Fast
SunTrust is the sixth-largest bank that provides financial services to individuals and corporations. It has over 5 million customers and operates about 1,500 branches and offices in the United States.
SunTrust provides customers with several services, including credit cards and checking accounts. Unfortunately, there are times when cardmembers have a dispute with a merchant and may request a chargeback from the bank.
If you are in a situation where you need to dispute a transaction with SunTrust, DoNotPay will be your ally. We will help you file a complaint quickly to dispute a SunTrust transaction.
How to Dispute a SunTrust Transaction with DoNotPay
DoNotPay is easy to use and does not require any special skills or knowledge because it's an automated system that works for you. In fact, if you have ever made a complaint before, DoNotPay might be able to take over the entire process, so you don't have to lift a finger. All you have to do is follow the following prompts:
- Look for your bank and choose the payment method. Select either debit or credit card transactions. You should then indicate that you want to dispute a SunTrust transaction.
- Follow the prompts requested about the transaction. When was the disputed transaction? Where did it occur? You should also confirm the amounts in dispute.
- Share any relevant facts. As DoNotPay requires evidence to dispute SunTrust transactions, you need to provide evidence to support your matter. For example, you can confirm that no one else was authorized to undertake the transaction, and you weren't at the scene.
- Confirm who to handle the dispute. Finally, you have to verify your information and select whether you want to file the claim on your own or if you want DoNotPay to do it. With your signature, you hand over the instructions to DoNotPay.
With the help of DoNotPay, you will be able to file a chargeback with SunTrust within 5 minutes, and rest assured your complaint will be expedited.
How to Dispute a Charge With SunTrust On Your Own
If you do not wish to use DoNotPay to file your claim with SunTrust, you should know how to dispute SunTrust transactions on your own. You can follow these instructions:
- Log in to the SunTrust online banking portal and dispute the relevant SunTrust dispute transaction.
- Alternatively, you can call 1-800-447-8994.
- If you can, you can also visit a local branch to dispute the transaction.
- When disputing the transaction, be ready to identify the fraudulent transaction.
- Once the claim is opened, a provisional chargeback will be placed in the account, which will be made permanent if the fraud is confirmed after investigations.
SunTrust Fraud Protection Policy
SunTrust acknowledges that its banking system isn't impregnable to cybercriminals. Therefore, it cautions its users to have strong passwords that can't be easily hacked. They also urge their customers to change their passwords regularly and avoid under-secured networks.
SunTrust's chargeback policy has also been made clear to all its users, so they know the rules before disputing any SunTrust transaction. The bank will help you out if you are an innocent victim of unauthorized use of your card. However, if you deliberately seek to defraud the bank and its customers, SunTrust reserves the right to take legal action against you.
SunTrust’s dispute process time generally varies from 1 to 6 months. Once a transaction has been filed, you aren't supposed to make any more charges on the account. If you do, these transactions might be declined by the bank's security measures and can lead to lengthy investigations and disputes. Therefore, SunTrust requires you to close the account and open another.
How Long Does It Take to Receive a Chargeback from SunTrust?
If you file a chargeback with SunTrust, the process usually takes 1 to 6 months. The duration varies based on the complexity of the dispute. You can always check on the status of your claim by calling their customer care or 1-800-447-8994 or logging into SunTrust online.
What Challenges Are You Likely to Face?
When you file a chargeback on your own, the waiting period can be pretty frustrating. Other challenges faced can include:
|Unresponsive customer care||It is inevitable that before the chargeback is effected, you will keep calling to check the status of your claim. However, some customer care representatives would generally be rude or unresponsive to your plight.|
|Time-consuming process||You have to wait for a long time to receive your refund from SunTrust. This is because SunTrust tries to justify the transaction and its validity before they can initiate a refund.|
|SunTrust rejecting your claims||You might be turned down by SunTrust if the claim is too weak to sustain. If this happens, you have to file a lawsuit against them to seek justice, which again is time-consuming. The rejection can be premised on you inadvertently forgetting to include relevant evidence to help with your chargeback.|
Luckily, if you decide to use DoNotPay's services to file your complaint, your case will be expedited as DoNotPay will file all the requisite information needed to dispute the transaction.
What Else Does DoNotPay Offer?
If a company declines to issue a refund, use DoNotPay to get a chargeback on the transaction. We can help with chargebacks such as:
- Zelle chargeback
- Cash app refund
- Vanilla gift card refund
- Amazon refund without return
- Doordash refund
- Lyft refund
- PayPal friends and family refund
DoNotPay also offers services such as:
- Virtual credit cards
- Getting refunds for plane tickets
- Providing burner phone numbers
- And many more services
Use DoNotPay now and discover how easy problem solving can be.