How To Resolve Regions Bank Transaction Disputes The Quick and Easy Way
Regions Bank offers a full menu of banking services from savings & checking accounts to credit cards and auto loans. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Regions locations primarily operate in the Southeastern United States.
Whether it's a debit card linked to your checking or a major credit card, you're always vigilant about checking the charges on your Regions card. There may come a time when you see a fraudulent charge and need to dispute it. With the DoNotPay app, you have a partner who is ready to file a dispute on your behalf and get cash back in your pocket.
How To Dispute a Regions Transaction on Your Own
Regions bank allows you to file a dispute yourself after the transaction has been posted. You can still opt to use the DoNotPay app to file a dispute. Otherwise, use one of these methods:
|Online||After logging into your Regions Online Banking, select the "I Want to" menu and Dispute Card Transaction. The online system helps you navigate the process of answering questions as you go.|
|In-Person||You can visit your local Regions branch to file a dispute against a fraudulent transaction. Don't forget to bring your identification and pertinent information about your account and the transaction. An account manager will take all your info and start the process.|
|By Phone||You can dispute a Regions card transaction over the phone. Start by calling the customer service center at 1-800-REGIONS (734-4667). One of the account reps will walk you through the process and gather all the essential information about your account and the transaction.|
Regions Refund Policy
If you use a Life, Premium, Prestige, Explore, Business, and Business Enhanced card through Regions bank, you aren't responsible for any unauthorized charges made on your card as long as you took reasonable care with the card. You do need to report any fraudulent charges in a timely manner.
With the Business and Business Enhanced cards, you need to report the charge within 60 days of the statement date. Also, you need to always take responsible steps for safeguarding your card to ensure the bank refunds your money. Here are some steps you can take to get a refund:
- Cancel or freeze your card to avoid further unauthorized charges.
- File your dispute as soon as the transaction posts.
- Contact the police to see if you need to file a report.
- Make sure you have enough money in your accounts to cover all your transactions.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Refund Through Regions?
Regions bank needs to investigate the charge, and this means contacting the vendor, which can take time. Generally, you get a refund in three to 10 business days, but it might be provisional until the bank hears back from the merchant.
Common Issues When You Dispute a Regions Transaction
After filing a dispute for a Regions transaction, there are a few common issues you might face. These include:
- As part of their investigation, Regions might ask for evidence you can't easily provide.
- The vendor may delay the process by not responding.
- The vendor argues the charges were legitimate.
With DoNotPay, you can save yourself some time and hassle when you file a dispute with Regions for an unauthorized transaction.
How To Dispute a Regions Transaction With DoNotPay
It's stressful when you see a transaction that isn't yours, but DoNotPay walks you through the . With the app open and on the "File a Chargeback" screen, follow these steps:
- Choose Regions bank and the account type: The first screen helps you choose between checking and savings account while the second screen asks you for the name of your bank.
- Outline the details of the disputed Regions transaction: Provide the merchant's name and confirm when you're prompted. You'll follow these steps through both the date and manner of the transaction with prompts to keep you on task.
- Recall additional information about the transaction: The DoNotPay app navigates your dispute with a series of prompts concerning the transaction, such as asking if you've ever ordered from the vendor before or authorized someone else to use your card.
- Decide who submits your Regions transaction dispute: The final step is to decide if you want to submit your dispute yourself or let DoNotPay handle it. If you opt to let DoNotPay submit it, you'll sign and verify your information before the app faxes your dispute to Regions bank.
DoNotPay partners with you filing your dispute with Regions on your behalf.
How Can You Check the Status of Your Refund Request?
When you file a dispute for a transaction through Regions, you receive a 10-digit Claim ID. To check on the refund status of your claim, you'll need to call Regions or visit your local branch and provide the 10-digit Claim ID to get an update.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay provides many services to help simplify your daily life and to help you keep your finances in order. Here's a look at a few things you do with the app:
- Use a virtual credit card to add a layer of protection for your real one.
- Receive compensation or a refund for a canceled or delayed flight
DoNotPay’s “File a Chargeback” product can also streamline the disputes process with these businesses: