How to Challenge Private Parking Tickets In Scotland?
Being able to park your vehicle in a car park in the UK usually comes with some form of regulation. If you violate these regulations, you could be issued a parking charge notice. This is true for private car parks in Scotland. You may come out to your car and find the parking charge notice or receive it in the mail a few days after you allegedly committed the offence.
If you believe you were wrongly cited and have some proof, DoNotPay can assist you with challenging the private parking tickets in Scotland.
Getting a Parking Charge Notice in Scotland
No matter where you are visiting in Scotland it is important to know where you are parking, what the rules are for time and car park requirements. If you do not meet the posted criteria of one of the following, you could be receiving a parking charge notice
- Stayed beyond the allowable time.
- Not having a valid parking permit.
- Parking in a "no park" zone.
- Any other laws that may be posted.
Before a citation can be issued, these car park owners must have parking terms listed.
Is it Public or Private?
The type of PCN you received in Scotland can determine the differences in consequences. For public notices, there could be legal implications with your license or be taken to jail. However, you could find yourself in civil court if you ignore the fine. It will also continue to go higher in pounds until you pay.
You can check if the car park that issued the private parking ticket in Scotland is a member of the British Parking Association, and you can reach them through
|Phone Number||01444 447300|
|Post||British Parking Association
8-14 The Broadway
West Sussex RH16 3AH
|British Parking Association|
How Long Before You Are Charged For The Offence?
If you are not cited on-site at the time of the offence, the parking company will be using cameras to issue the citations. You should receive the PCN within 14-28 days at the longest through the post, as they will confirm the Registered Keeper of the vehicle and mail the citation to you. Keep in mind that they are not looking to see if you were driving, they are looking at the vehicle and its illegal parking.
Are There Other Places You Can Get a Parking Ticket?
Being issued a PCN in Scotland is not something that is found only there. You can get a PCN in the councils of the UK and countries around the world. Some of the areas that write the post parking tickets are listed below
If you are in one of these areas in the future, make sure you are parking properly to avoid a fine.
Should I Challenge A Private Parking Ticket in Scotland?
There are times when you may be issued a private parking ticket that you believe is not correct. If any of the following apply to your situation, then you have grounds to appeal the PCN.
- Missing or incorrect information. If the PCN you received does not have the right name or has any errors at all, then it could be grounds for dismissal.
- If you were not in the right vehicle and were parking appropriately. Make sure you have some form of evidence to support your case.
- No potential violations or current parking regulations are displayed for those in the car park.
These are grounds for many parking tickets to be dismissed once the case is evaluated. This is why it is important to make sure the appeal gets to the right place in time.
How Do I Pay My Scotland PCN?
If you are looking for ways to pay your PCN, you should be provided several options for payment before the due date of the notice. Since there are multiple parties issuing citations privately, you will need to use the information found on the notice that gives a phone number, postal address, or a link to pay online.
What Happens If I Don't Pay the Notice?
If you choose not to pay the private car park, you can expect the following to happen
- The cost of the PCN will increase with a late fee because it was not paid by the original deadline.
- You could be summoned into civil court by the party who issued the PCN.
- Your parking permit may be suspended.
If the PCN you received is for an offence in a car park where you work or live, then you want to make sure you are taking care of it properly and on time.
Can DoNotPay Help Me With Challenging This Ticket?
Evening Standard featured DoNotPay as the robo-lawyer that helped and won over 160,000 parking ticket cases in London and New York. Yours could be the next success story.
Follow the steps below and allow DoNotPay to help you with your appeal (don’t forget to mail your letter!)
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the Parking Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains the best argument to win your case.
It's really that simple! You can use the carefully crafted appeal letter to serve as your argument when you challenge your ticket.
How Else Is DoNotPay Able to Help Me?
If you had DoNotPay help you with a parking offence for a private parking ticket in a Scotland car park, then you are in luck. There is much more that DoNotPay can do to help you.
- Make sure to meet the registration deadline for your annual car renewal.
- If you are missing compensation from your airline, get assistance.
- If you need to make a complaint with a council or business, they can help.
DoNotPay wants to make sure that the tasks you need to do are easy to complete and convenient so that you are not missing out on helping yourself.