Challenge Leeds City Council Penalty Charge Notice Without a Lawyer
Driving on a restricted bus lane, parking without payment, or parking beyond your permitted hours are some of the reasons Leeds City Council would issue a penalty charge notice. While you can simply pay the charges and move on, 56% of the people who challenge the PCNs win and get their charges dismissed.
The process of is easy. However, you'll need enough reason and evidence to show why the PCN should be dismissed. This could be difficult because there are CCTV cameras throughout the city, and the footage is used to prove your case.
If you are stuck on finding the right reasons to challenge a PCN, DoNotPay is here to help you. DoNotPay has a Parking Tickets UK product that can help you draft a suitable letter for your appeal. You'll only need to provide all the details concerning the PCN and let DoNotPay guide you through the appeal process.
Receiving a Parking Charge Notice in Leeds City
is responsible for enforcing traffic laws and ensuring that all drivers adhere to them. Those who fail to adhere to the stipulated guidelines on the road are slapped with a penalty charge notice and expected to pay it without fail.
Some of the reasons to give a PCN include:
- Parking without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket.
- Driving in a bus lane during restricted hours.
- Parking for longer than permitted.
- Parking without payment of the parking charge.
Bus Lane PCNs attract a £90 charge, while parking charges are £70 for high-level violations and £50 for low-level violations. Penalty charge notices in Leeds City always show a reference number starting with 'LS' and then followed by eight digits.
After receiving a PCN, you may want to contact Leeds City Council for more information on your case or to request to view the evidence they have on you. To contact the council, you can use the contact information in the table below.
|Leeds City Council Contact Information
|Business Support Centre
|0300 456 0484
How to Pay a Parking Fine in Leeds City
If you decide to pay the parking fine and move on from it, you can use the following methods to pay.
- Online through a payment portal. Ensure that you have your vehicle registration number, a debit/credit card, and your PCN ticket number.
- Through online banking. The details for online banking are as follows.
- Name of organisation: Leeds City Council
- Bank and branch name: National Westminster Bank, 8 Park Row, Leeds LS1 1QS
- Branch Address: Head Office Collection
- Account number: 00000000
- Sort code: 57-12-72
- Through a dedicated 24-hour phone service. Dial 0300 456 0484.
- By mail. Send a check or postal order to the following address: Parking Services, PO Box 139, Leeds, LS9 1AA.
Details like your PCN number and vehicle registration number are important to ensure that you keep the PCN properly.
How to Challenge a Penalty Charge Notice in Leeds City
If you feel that the PCN was issued wrongfully, you can appeal it through the following methods.
- Online through a dedicated portal. Ensure that you enter the correct PCN number and vehicle registration. Once your appeal has been received, you'll get a confirmation email from the council.
- Write an appeal letter, gather evidence, and send everything through the post office to the following address.
PO Box 139
Leeds City Council allows you to view evidence before you appeal. You can request to view evidence through the council's website.
If the council rejects your appeal, you can always challenge their decision at an independent tribunal at no extra cost. Residents within London can appeal at the London Tribunals, while those living outside London can go to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal.
If the tribunal agrees with the council and upholds their decision, you'll have 28 days to pay the penalty fee in full. Failure to do so will attract more fines and even have collectors knock at your door.
How to Challenge Penalty Charge Notice in Scarborough With the Help of DoNotPay
AI Consumer Champions are trending for helping people deal with issues that could have been quite involving and expensive. For example, DoNotPay is a AI Consumer Champion designed to help you fight parking tickets anywhere in the UK.
While DoNotPay may not send the letter for you, it can help you draft a letter that you can use to appeal and get your parking charge notice dismissed.
Here’s how DoNotPay works:
- Log in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the Parking Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains the best argument to win your case.
It's that simple! Then, when you challenge your ticket, you can use the carefully crafted appeal letter to serve as your argument.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you learn the following:
- TFL PCN
- Islington PCN
- Birmingham Government UK PCN
- Dispute NYC parking tickets
- Seattle Parking tickets
- Chicago parking tickets
- San Jose parking tickets
- LA parking tickets
DoNotPay can also help you with other services such as:
Check out DoNotPay's Parking Tickets UK product information to know how DoNotPay can help you.